Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I’m getting really concerned looking at what is happening in France. They now using trains to treat patients. Spain and Italy are still rising in death numbers. Now our government are asking people from US to come home. NY is a heavily infected area. Why are we still encouraging flights home now when we are not screening or quarantining people?? I don’t understand this and no one can explain this. How do we make a voices heard to our government? I’m starting to get concerned about older people I know and the strain this disease is going to put on our health service. It’s not stopping in Italy or Spain and death rates are still rising. My thoughts are with anyone who has lost a loved one to this disease :( How do we make our voices heard ? Should we contact local TD’s ?

Irish people coming home is one thing. But allowing anyone from practically anywhere on the Planet come in when we're on lockdown is mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

No to be alarmist but I am putting this here for anyone with psoriasis who may not see it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8164787/14-year-old-boy-Portugals-youngest-coronavirus-victim-Ovar-near-Porto.html

youngest death in Europe 14 year old footballer with psoriasis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

And why do you think many other Countries closed their borders?

Most counties banned external flights initially, to stop them spreading to other countries. You know, the responsible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

eldudebros wrote: »
    Why are people so quick to rubbish the effects of 5G? What do we know? Nothing at all really.

Not one of us would have expected a pandemic like this to occur this time last year.

Already scientists and doctors have appealed to the EU to reconsider it due to health effects it may cause. Why bother their hole if there wasn't cause for concern.

Conspiracy thread
    >

khalessi wrote: »
    No to be alarmist but I am putting this here for anyone with psoriasis who may not see it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8164787/14-year-old-boy-Portugals-youngest-coronavirus-victim-Ovar-near-Porto.html

Wonder did their immune system go crazy or something tho psoriasis wouldn't be something I would class as being contributory

• Advertisement

Irish people coming home is one thing. But allowing anyone from practically anywhere on the Planet come in when we're on lockdown is mad Ted.
    Who the **** do you think is flying into Ireland during a lockdown? Some stags party? A flight filled with tourists? Ya swear every ****ing flight landing is filled with people, Jesus, give it a rest

fritzelly wrote: »
    Wonder did their immune system go crazy or something tho psoriasis wouldn't be something I would class as being contributory

Depends on if he was meds that cause you to be immunosupressed

Depends on if he was meds that cause you to be immunosupressed

Good point - never thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Who the **** do you think is flying into Ireland during a lockdown? Some stags party? A flight filled with tourists? Ya swear every ****ing flight landing is filled with people, Jesus, give it a rest
    My brother in law works in the airport , it is a ghost town and the flights that do come in are mostly cargo and Irish trying to get home , but that doesnt fit in with his tin foil hat agenda that he comes on here every night to spout. Relentless bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

people aren't going to see that.

the only reason i saw that is because i'm up at half two drinking cans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Why are people so quick to rubbish the effects of 5G? What do we know? Nothing at all really.

Not one of us would have expected a pandemic like this to occur this time last year.

Already scientists and doctors have appealed to the EU to reconsider it due to health effects it may cause. Why bother their hole if there wasn't cause for concern.

If you've slowly increased the speed of your connection through the first 4Gs you should be immune to the effects of 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

How many accounts do you have now?

My brother in law works in the airport , it is a ghost town and the flights that do come in are mostly cargo and Irish trying to get home , but that doesnt fit in with his tin foil hat agenda that he comes on here every night to spout. Relentless bollox.

I know, after midnight the conspiracy theories come out, day after day. I should start reading Twitter, I'd end up pulling my hair out, which would be good, cause I can't get it cut!
    No doubt someone will say there's an underground barbers opened somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's the going back to regular waking hours that'll kill you before any virus gets a chance. :D

Well I can put it up again tomorrow and I put it long illness psoriasis section too but not everyone with psoriasis goes there not would they think theyre immunosupressed (could medication dependent)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There is a surreal feel to the days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Big question, was he on meds for psoriasis? As must meds are immunosuppressants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The United States has not reported all it's totals for the day among other countries + it's Sunday

A lot of countries had a 23 hour day with summertime coming in.

Anyways else forgetting what day it is - each one just seems to meld into the next

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Big question, was he on meds for psoriasis? As must meds are immunosuppressants

that is the question the article doesnt answer but the fact they mention it is interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

In another couple of weeks if we start to get numbers under control then quarantine and testing of all arrivals is probable.

All governments at the moment are pretty much giving people a window to get home, after that who knows what flight restrictions will follow.

Not so much now but they have been up until only two weeks ago which is when the pubs closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

France are using trains to transfer patients to other hospitals, they are not using trains as hospitals.

Ireland is asking anyone abroad that can help to come home and help. They are advising other Irish people abroad that if they want to come home, to not delay as flights maybe cancelled etc...
    It's not like the government are ordering everyone abroad to come home.

All returning citizens are being asked to self isolate for 2 weeks. Every tom, dick and Harry know the seriousness of the situation and most, if not all will self isolate. Ya swear everyone arriving home is gonna go out and purposely try to infect as many as they can.

Its not that simple. Self isolation is difficult if you share a house. We already know that many clusters are families where one member returned from abroad.

The volume of people has only slowed over the last fortnight. That's a fact, nothing tin foil about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

spookwoman wrote: »

There's a grand surreal stretch in the evening.

I know, after midnight the conspiracy theories come out, day after day. I should start reading Twitter, I'd end up pulling my hair out, which would be good, cause I can't get it cut!
    No doubt someone will say there's an underground barbers opened somewhere

Still don't know what I've said is a conspiracy theory! The virus exploded in Europe and our Govt kept the borders wide open. Its actually just a fact fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No one is holidaying now. It is people returning home.

It is just people trying to get home. Chat with people in other countries, they are human, they have the same fears. One was telling me he hasn't left his home as he wants to look after his mother who is elderly and doesn't want her to get infected.
    People around the world in general are just concerned for their loved ones.

Flights are mostly goods now. People are afraid of flying with this virus on the loose. Just remember people in other countries are like us, same concerns, same criticisms, people worried about their jobs but most of all will all their loved ones still be around when this is all over.

The volume of people has only slowed over the last fortnight. That's a fact, nothing tin foil about it.

Slowed.... Have you any figures at all to prove the flights are full, packed to the rafters and now...... Slowed?
    You say, or assume they are full, someone says they are near empty and only Irish citizens on board, you reply with the volume has slowed.
    If they grounded all flights, ya gonna say people be swimming across the Atlantic unchecked

easypazz wrote: »
    In another couple of weeks if we start to get numbers under control then quarantine and testing of all arrivals is probable.

All governments at the moment are pretty much giving people a window to get home, after that who knows what flight restrictions will follow.

Never were the words 'Horse' and 'bolted' more applicable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

spookwoman wrote: »

Totally....What I can’t get my head around is how absolutely silent it is... at night, and pretty damn quiet during the day. No real traffic, no kids heading to the park, silence. No live sport, no neighbors rowing in the garden, it’s a freaky time to be alive. I quite fancied the chipper tonight, I wasn’t going to risk it for a biscuit, or curry chips for that matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement