Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hollowlands

Heckler wrote: »
    In all my years in my company we have never ever dealt in medical supplies. Now that the govt, has shut down everything guess what ? Now we do and are deemed essential, Bull**** of the highest order. **** you Dell you greedy *****.

My company has come up with the medical thing too. We make pigments for paint and textiles

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Strazdas wrote: »
    How do you know? The Govt saying 'stay at home except to shop for essential food' does not mean that person is free to take a 30 mile leisurely spin out into the countryside to do their shopping. The assumption would be they would go to a shop or supermarket nearby.
    Because that isn't what was said, simple, read the press release, properly this time. What if you don't have a shop within 2km of where you live?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

joe40 wrote: »
    The 2 km thing stops people en masse going to beaches, beauty spots etc. If you leave your house and run/walk 3 km instead of 2 km in a rural area that won't be much of a problem but it stops 2 or 300 people congregating at the local beach where only a handful live within 2 km

Exactly, I hope people get into the spirit of this and not nitpick or weasle their way out. This is not a time to be a crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I've been living in Dublin for years and I never knew there were so many dogs in the city.

I doubt so many have never been as well walked as they have been in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some good news - we've made it back on to the BNO twitter page - they've not reported anything since the first case. LOCKDOWN!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1243642335751278592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

timhenn wrote: »
    You ignored my questions. Why shouldn't I do the same?

I didn't ignore any question -

But everyone sees you ignoring mine - even thought you say the government are doing things wrong - you won't name 5 things to make it better

Because then people will quote you on these in the future.... sad life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Shopping is a problem. Deliveries only. A major loose end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭blackcard

So are the Guards going to be stopping people asking where they’re going or how exactly is this going to be policed? Is it just up to us all to comply and then Guards will intervene when measures are clearly not being adhered to? What’s to stop Dave saying he’s going to Tesco to do his mother’s shopping 5k away and then stopping on his way home for an hours run. Who is actually going to be monitoring this?

Difficult all right. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, I don't think so. Delivery of food to a house would clearly count as an 'essential service'.

I think off licences will close now. A good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭paul71

So are the Guards going to be stopping people asking where they’re going or how exactly is this going to be policed? Is it just up to us all to comply and then Guards will intervene when measures are clearly not being adhered to? What’s to stop Dave saying he’s going to Tesco to do his mother’s shopping 5k away and then stopping on his way home for an hours run. Who is actually going to be monitoring this?

Whats stopping Dave is personal responsibility. As with any law enforcement can be applied, as with any law it should not need to be enforced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I've been calling for more action to sort this, people who defend the government have said that's wrong, the government are going the right way about it. Now the government have announced more action and those same people are saying how right they are. It's hilarious!
    This was always going to happen. When the last restrictions were put in place it was said to be just one step in many. It wasn't enough for many but we seem to be on course to flatten the curve, although it is still early days obviously. The UK didn't have this advantage, once they realised they had made a mistake they had to make a 180, this led to confusion and some panic.

They were leaving room for more measures and rules when needed and once people were used to this new reality. Now we've increased the restrictions but left room for tougher measures in a few weeks if needed.

Some people seem to be,somewhat understandably in the circumstances, in constant outrage mode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I didn't ignore any question -

But everyone sees you ignoring mine - even thought you say the government are doing things wrong - you won't name 5 things to make it better

Because then people will quote you on these in the future.... sad life

You did. Have the deceny to answer my questions and then I'll answer yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Does nobody have any common sense and have to ask stupid questions?
    Supermarket is 3kms away does that mean I have to starve?
    How are they going to police it?
    How will they know if I had had 1 exercise or 2 exercise today?

Come on people, you know what they are trying to achieve and do your very very best to adhere as far as possible and help them out.
    It's brutal for everyone but we just have to slow this thing down or we are in for longer than necessary.

There are 3 of us going into work tomorrow which is 5kms from me and the function of the meeting is to set up IT for the small few that hasn't worked from home and then a crisis meeting figure how we run this business as morally and safely as we can for however long it takes and keep the rest of the staff home too except in emergencies

ricero wrote: »
    Are all fast food takeaway delivery services finished so ?

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They can do the 2k fine. That's it.
    There is no 2km limit to a walk/run. How difficult is this to understand. You have to remain within 2km of your house, that's it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You did. Have the deceny to answer my questions and then I'll answer yours.

repost the question - that was aimed directly at me and i'll answer it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Alun wrote: »
    Because that isn't what was said, simple, read the press release, properly this time. What if you don't have a shop within 2km of where you live?

Then you go to the nearest one that’s suitable. , what’s the issue , the 2Km applies to recreation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭saabsaab

For exercise within 2k. You can shop where you want if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

igCorcaigh wrote: »

They are an essential service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

The 'Opel zafira' of ventilators ....

His "press" conferences are like Truman show .... product placement/name checking left, right and centre...

Wonder willl he open a few Trump Towers as field hospitals

Meanwhile, his support base are too thick to realise he is ****ting on them, while routing trillions of dollars back into Wall Street.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Ford and GM have been forced by Trump under some American emergency act to make good on their promise and open up the factories to manufacture 40,000 ventilators as they had promised.

He especially slated the GM Ceo because she stated they could only produce 6000 and not until late April. This is not in line with the contract signed by GM and Ford with the US government.

Good man Trump. One thing you got right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Come on people, you know what they are trying to achieve and do your very very best to adhere as far as possible and help them out.
    It's brutal for everyone but we just have to alow this thing down or we are in for longer than necessary.

There are 3 of us going into work tomorrow which is 5kms from me and the function of the meeting is to set up IT for the small few that hasn't worked from home and then a crisis meeting figure how we run this business as morally and safely as we can for however long it takes and keep the rest of the staff home too except in emergencies

There is a large number of Irish people who straight think about how to break a law and get away with it rather than trying to understand what it's about it and complying. Ever notice how many gob****es will be up your hole if you drive at 50 through a village but you'll lose straight away once you speed up to 80 outside the village?

714 new cases, 17 deaths so far yesterday in Florida.

Dynamite with the fuse lit waiting to explode given the demographic.

Yeap the retirement is powder keg waiting to go off. Worlds largest nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

How will they know if I had had 1 exercise or 2 exercise today?

It's brutal for everyone but we just have to alow this thing down or we are in for longer than necessary.

Hint , They might just read the directives carefully , before they comment ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Jesus, do people really need this spelled out for them?? Ffs. This past few weeks has been illuminating. I never knew there was as many thicks in this country as there are.

Assuming you are not an essential worker:
    The whole idea is you stay inside all the time except to get food and medicine, and that should be limited to the absolute minimum.

You are allowed outside for air and your sanity but it must be brief and you must stay close to your home.

That is all. Is that not clear to everyone???

This was always going to happen. When the last restrictions were put in place it was said to be just one step in many. It wasn't enough for many but we seem to be on course to flatten the curve, although it is still early days obviously. The UK didn't have this advantage, once they realised they had made a mistake they had to make a 180, this led to confusion and some panic.

They were leaving room for more measures and rules when needed and once people were used to this new reality. Now we've increased the restrictions but left room for tougher measures in a few weeks if needed.

Some people seem to be,somewhat understandably in the circumstances, in constant outrage mode.

You're trying to make it seem like those in charge had everything under control! The facts are they have been behind on every decision they have made. They have been reacting to things happening instead of being proactive. We're high up the leaderboard of total deaths from this and it's not a leaderboard you want to be on.

We can only hope that this doesn't cost too many lives, that's all we'releft with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

The authorities make the regulations but no mention of enforcement. Typically Irish. Relying on "good will of the Irish people" We're well past that point. No mention of how shopping will be regulated. Strongest chain is only as good as its weakest link.

Deliveries and collections only in shops.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    repost the question - that was aimed directly at me and i'll answer it

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭elperello

igCorcaigh wrote: »

No they will be open.
    A good thing.

• Advertisement

sasta le wrote: »

What's the theory behind it? Why are they more at risk?

If there's a medical / scientific reason then fair enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement