Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Anybody know if coal deliveries are still aloud under this lockdown?

Yes, Fuel suppliers are essential

• Registered Users Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm still not clear on how mandatory these new restrictions now are.

Eg : there's over 150km between my house and my son. If I decide to travel between the 2 tomorrow, is someone actually going to stop me?

They are absolutely mandatory. That are direct instructions from government for the benefit of all of society.

Will you be punished if you do the trip? It's unlikely you'll be caught, but that's not the point. A responsible citizen wouldn't countenance making the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I actually don’t understand the running and jogging.

I see people do it all the time and wonder do they know how stupid they look. :D

I just don't get this running and jogging and gym shyte anymore.

Well it ain't going to happen again for a while, so they might have to do the circle around their area. Fine.

Please don't tell us about how hard it is for you though. Had enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I actually don’t understand the running and jogging.

I see people do it all the time and wonder do they know how stupid they look. :D

Whatever happened to 'power walking' .....you know the type arms swinging like a sasquatch, seems to have gone out of fashion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

timhenn wrote: »
    Hang on, what have you got? Did you just make all that sh1t up or you got an expert on hand? Or a crystal ball?

I've been calling for more action to sort this, people who defend the government have said that's wrong, the government are going the right way about it. Now the government have announced more action and those same people are saying how right they are. It's hilarious!

There are 3 different phases and still has been made clear from the start - they are introduced as and when needed.

Start right now - what more action do you want - name 5 things that make sense..

Remember if you say close the airports - you have to think about the cargo planes, you have to think about the Irish abroad and how they will get home - so think carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Sean 18 wrote: »
    How could somebody eating a bat cause the world to shut down you think the person would have got posioned not spread it around

The vector , it seems is the practice of eating parts of a pangolin , that seemingly was bitten by a bat. Pangolin scales are seen as a medicinal benefit in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just wondering, I'm assuming An Post/Other couriers will still be delivering orders, ie if I order from Amazon I could still receive parcels etc?

You will but the likes of Amazon are prioritising some deliveries so you might see some delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭paul71

con747 wrote: »
    In my case my OH works in a sector that is vital so is doing 14-17 hour days since the beginning of the month 7 days a week. We are a 1 car household and her hours do not coincide with supermarket opening. So, I have to try get people i don't know to get my shopping is what has changed for me and numerous others in that boat. Also we live in the middle of nowhere with no nearby neighbours.

Ok thats fair enough, if you are in that situation. Contact your local GAA club and ask them if they are running delivery services. I know many of them are. If they are not ask them if they think they would consider it. Failing that contact the civil defense and try and band your nearest nieghbours together (even if they are 3 or 4 miles from you) and outline your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Alun wrote: »
    No it doesn't, it only applies the exercise part.

How do you know? The Govt saying 'stay at home except to shop for essential food' does not mean that person is free to take a 30 mile leisurely spin out into the countryside to do their shopping. The assumption would be they would go to a shop or supermarket nearby.

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    They live in the middle of nowhere they said.
    BoatMad wrote: »
    Seemingly half of boards, live up a mountain peak , in Narnia .

Also seem to have great internet - led to believe from others that there is no internet in the middle of nowhere

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

kingtiger wrote: »
    people should get it through their thick skulls that we are all on a wartime footing at the moment

we still have the luxury of home comforts and food on the table, there is no ration books, your children are not shipped off alone to some place in the country to escape bombing runs

all is being asked that you stay at ****ing home for a few weeks, how hard is that?

Someone else deserves a kiss. ^
    I have a feeling that those calling for a "full lockdown" for the last fortnight will now be the same ones saying that "they're taking our freedom away".

No.
    Seemingly half of boards, live up a mountain peak , in Narnia .

Beats living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ford and GM have been forced by Trump under some American emergency act to make good on their promise and open up the factories to manufacture 40,000 ventilators as they had promised.

He especially slated the GM Ceo because she stated they could only produce 6000 and not until late April. This is not in line with the contract signed by GM and Ford with the US government.

Good man Trump. One thing you got right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Are all fast food takeaway delivery services finished so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Well it ain't going to happen again for a while, so they might have to do the circle around their area. Fine.

This may help to explain,

Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine. For example, the feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as "euphoric." That feeling, known as a "runner's high," can be accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook on life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NeuillyPassy

Just wondering, I'm assuming An Post/Other couriers will still be delivering orders, ie if I order from Amazon I could still receive parcels etc?

Still delivering, might take a bit longer to arrive though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,625 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can someone tell me why this thread is being allowed to be swamped by what are clearly rereg posters and another cohort (or indeed maybe the same) of individuals that have resurrected a bunch of old dormant accounts.

They are all taking a contrarian view, pushing falsehoods and being a downright pain in the arse.
    Tell you what. If you report them, we'll have a look

Do you have no clue how much work goes into modding these threads???

Now never comment on moderation again unless it is in the Help Desk, Feedback, DRP or via PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There are 3 different phases and still has been made clear from the start - they are introduced as and when needed.

Start right now - what more action do you want - name 5 things that make sense..

Remember if you say close the airports - you have to think about the cargo planes, you have to think about the Irish abroad and how they will get home - so think carefully.

This should have been done already! It's too late. You just don't get it!

All we can do now is hope the damage and lives lost doesn't grow hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

I hope they use the help of the army to enforce this. The whole thing was predicted. They will need to put manners on a significant minority of people who choose not to obey the law in this country. No messing about. As for the many knuckle heads on here who dished out abuse to sensible rational posters who warned what was likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Exactly, sure Brian O Driscol is going to learn how to bakes some cakes. He said he can do a workout in a 2x2 m space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

About 30 cars were queuing at our local fuel station after the news, morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Sorry , experts have been coming out all week taking about economic damage , many of these businesses will never reopen , etc. I can argue with reason that there will be considerable damage , as to exactly how much, well that depends , but the eurozone is still arguing over Eurobonds FFS

Same sort of experts were almost unanimously saying there was no problem in 2007 and early 2008.

But I specifically refer to long term economic damage. Obviously there's short term damage. The full extent and length of any recession is completely unknown.

bekker wrote: »

Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine. For example, the feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as "euphoric." That feeling, known as a "runner's high," can be accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook on life.

could they not have a **** instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The 2 km thing stops people en masse going to beaches, beauty spots etc. If you leave your house and run/walk 3 km instead of 2 km in a rural area that won't be much of a problem but it stops 2 or 300 people congregating at the local beach where only a handful live within 2 km

timhenn wrote: »
    This should have been done already! It's too late. You just don't get it!

All we can do now is hope the damage and lives lost doesn't grow hugely.

So your not going to name 5 things.... just as I expected,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,555 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

714 new cases, 17 deaths so far yesterday in Florida.

Dynamite with the fuse lit waiting to explode given the demographic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So your not going to name 5 things.... just as I expected,

You ignored my questions. Why shouldn't I do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ricero wrote: »
    Are all fast food takeaway delivery services finished so ?

No, I don't think so. Delivery of food to a house would clearly count as an 'essential service'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what kind of info do they have on community unknown transmission by area, even if they don't know who it was, they area not going to tell us, but are they tracking it by area if not persons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bekker wrote: »

Oh please, do not be so condescending, I know all that.

But in times of crisis, needs must and people really need to get back in their box for the time being.

They can do the 2k fine. That's it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement