Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just woke up from a nap sleepy sleepy

I'm contemplating having one if those.

*looks at the time *

Perhaps not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just finished my Sunday dinner three days early :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm contemplating having one if those.

*looks at the time *

Perhaps not.

Have one , set your alarm for 30 minutes times , bingo you feel refreshed and all is good again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It takes me longer than that to get to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting ready to hit the tarmac. Its a sad state of affairs but going for a walk is the highlight of my day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

For the last week I've been contacting people who have gone quiet .. might be on here... might be on Facebook or texting me etc...just to make sure alls well in their own spaces
    Even though I'm an absolute shíte...I do care about people....
    1 person in town who I'd have regular contact with had gone quiet...and I had sent a few messages..no reply.. until today...she had to be admitted to the psych ward in hospital complete break due to mental and physical exhaustion... was only given her phone back today...gave me a bit of a land I'll admit, and I've been chatting to her for the last hour...we are involved in a project here in town..and she felt she was struggling for months now...and because of the shutdown..and the project stopped for the last 3 weeks or so...her mind just crumbled...she was glad I noticed she was missing and happy I had reached out...

I guess what I'm trying to say in my own roundabout way is....if anyone here is having a bad day...that seems to go on for way too long...just reach out ....it could be to anyone you feel comfortable with in our groupings... just to try and help ground you a little and don't let yourself go too far down the rabbit hole

Have one , set your alarm for 30 minutes times , bingo you feel refreshed and all is good again.

Time to get the dinner on. Perhaps an early night instead.

For the last week I've been contacting people who have gone quiet .. might be on here... might be on Facebook or texting me etc...just to make sure alls well in their own spaces
    Even though I'm an absolute shíte...I do care about people....
    1 person in town who I'd have regular contact with had gone quiet...and I had sent a few messages..no reply.. until today...she had to be admitted to the psych ward in hospital complete break due to mental and physical exhaustion... was only given her phone back today...gave me a bit of a land I'll admit, and I've been chatting to her for the last hour...we are involved in a project here in town..and she felt she was struggling for months now...and because of the shutdown..and the project stopped for the last 3 weeks or so...her mind just crumbled...she was glad I noticed she was missing and happy I had reached out...

I guess what I'm trying to say bin my own roundabout way is....if anyone here is having a bad day...that seems to go on for way too long...just reach out ....it could be to anyone you feel comfortable with in our groupings... just to try and help ground you a little and don't let yourself go too far down the rabbit hole

She's lucky to have you as a friend, Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Anyone know what the first sign of madness is?
    Checking for a friend.

I am at home.

Sugg's walking up your driveway.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She's lucky to have you as a friend, Panda.

I spend half my life taking the píss out of her too.....
    so swings and roundabouts as they say ;)

• Advertisement

I spend half my life taking the píss out of her too.....
    so swings and roundabouts as they say ;)

You're fooling no one, boy. Panda Killa my bum. Big softie Panda Teddy, more like. Don't worry. No one here will blow your cover.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Sugg's walking up your driveway.

That's really made me laugh.😂

Well done Panda,it's at times like this you know who really matters to you.

Grem,my arse will definitely take root to the couch, as my friend said today we will all be suffering from covid19 stone shortly.

I just cooked for my folks and they collected it on the way home from a spin down west.My dad just walked into the kitchen to collect it (shoes on and I've told him not to numerous times),chatted away for about 10mins while my mam was isolating in the car,it defeats the purpose but he doesn't get it and thinks he's being really careful, he's so good humoured and funny that I haven't the heart to give out too much,could be worse but he needs to be more careful.

I even find myself getting a bit blasè tbh,I really have to cop on,I'm not going anywhere but I definitely need to be more careful in work.

Looking at the dirty windows here and they're driving me mad but just not mad enough to clean them,I'm definitely lazy.My exercise class teacher started an online class during the week and I was delighted to be able to text her and tell her I was working, she just texted to say another class tomorrow, I'm off but......I'm just too lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back garden looks respectable now. Dinner done. Now back at my tech desk as Mrs G reckons I have the time to edit the home movies from as far back as 2008. I kid you not. Hope she can pay the invoice.:D

I won't quote the whole thing again but that's really good of you Panda. If there's one good thing I can say about this pandemic its knowing we're all in the same boat, all of us of every size and colour in every corner of the world and that knowledge is allowing people to feel freer in saying 'You know what? I'm not ok..my mental health is suffering'.

Much easier when you can be sure most people are struggling in their own way as well. Too often we tell ourselves 'No one will understand. I'm alone in this.' Which more often than not isn't true anyway, but at least in this there's the liberation of knowing you really aren't alone. We're all going through the same awful thing at the same awful time.

Maybe this whole ordeal will grant emancipation to some people who up til now were imprisoned by their own reluctance to communicate when they needed help or their mental health was suffering.

We're all in this together
    Once we know
    That we are
    We're all stars
    And we see that
    We're all in this together
    And it shows
    When we stand
    Hand in hand...*

*Sorry but that stupid high school musical song has been stuck in my head for days and I want everyone else to suffer too even though that's in direct contradiction of everything I said above.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Back garden looks respectable now. Dinner done. Now back at my tech desk as Mrs G reckons I have the time to edit the home movies from as far back as 2008. I kid you not. Hope she can pay the invoice.:D

In Sephers words ,what kind of movies Grandee?😛

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Collapsed on couch, another busy day at coalface.

Off tomorrow, so day of Ted doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In Sephers words ,what kind of movies Grandee?��

She deleted the interesting footage years ago. All I'm left to work with are birthday parties, holidays and the like.:D

Glitch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mmmm bagel, garlic cream cheese and rashers. Fat arse Couchside

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

To and fro we leap
    And chase the frothy bubbles
    While the world is full of troubles
    And is anxious in its sleep.
    Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

Read my favourite poem today, The Stolen Child by WB Yeats. If this keeps up I might become cultured. :D

Hope everyone is coping well, I'm limiting news exposure to once a day and doing little things around the house. Today I cleared a lot of old post and paperwork and hoovered. Criminal amount of paper gone into the recycling bin, no need for most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Looking at the dirty windows here and they're driving me mad but just not mad enough to clean them,I'm definitely lazy.My exercise class teacher started an online class during the week and I was delighted to be able to text her and tell her I was working, she just texted to say another class tomorrow, I'm off but......I'm just too lazy.

So Mam stood you up aswell? Charming!!! :D

She's slipping, I'm going to make a formal complaint via a strongly worded email to avoid more paper waste.

Availed of fine evening, broad palette of colours in the western sky to lift the spirits. Never witnessed the footpath as congested, almost a game of dodge 'ems trying to maintain adequate distance. Naturally a band of teenagers were jumping on each other, other than that common sense prevailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can't pay , we'll take it away !

Or in this case , if ye don't pay , I don't take away the dirt from the windows , simple as that :p

I'm actually not as lazy as I thought Calla,3 windows washed inside and out and the outside of another, loads more to do but they're the ones I'm mostly looking at,I'm feeling really virtuous now and there will be a liquid reward.
    It's a gorgeous evening ,does anyone else notice that the birdsong is unreal these days, I thought it was just my imagination but my friend mentioned it also,maybe their happy that we're mainly inside and they have the place to themselves.

Less traffic too Duvet, so you can hear them more. It's hypnotic looking at them going about their day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside after a day of walking and arsing around. I decided to treat meself to a few beers I've never tried before and see how they taste. They're expensive enough so they better be good!
    https://ibb.co/n1dWbFK

And while we're posting poems I'll link to this one as it's very long but I like it because it acknowledges how hope is harder to have as you get older but worth persisting with all the same. It must be a good poem because I only understand about a quarter of it.
    https://www.americanswhotellthetruth.org/resources/wendell-berry-reads-a-poem-about-hope-and-place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

want everyone else to suffer too even though that's in direct contradiction of everything I said above.

By god You're pure evil ................

giphy.gif

Less traffic too Duvet, so you can hear them more. It's hypnotic looking at them going about their day.

Very true,I didn't think about the traffic. The dandelions have suddenly sprouted up in my garden and I'm reluctant to cut them as I'm concerned for the bees, there's an abundance of rabbits around the place also. I'm really thinking about nature at the moment, not sure if it's due to the virus or just an age thing. I'm wasting very little food atm as I'm freezing stuff and being way more savvy when I'm shopping. I'd kinda started thinking this way before the virus anyway but this has hammered it home.

I'm rambling but I think in the middle of this absolute nightmare there's a huge message for us all. I'll stop now before ye put me on ignore. 😉

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    Homeside after a day of walking and arsing around. I decided to treat meself to a few beers I've never tried before and see how they taste. They're expensive enough so they better be good!
    https://ibb.co/n1dWbFK

And while we're posting poems I'll link to this one as it's very long but I like it because it acknowledges how hope is harder to have as you get older but worth persisting with all the same. It must be a good poem because I only understand about a quarter of it.
    https://www.americanswhotellthetruth.org/resources/wendell-berry-reads-a-poem-about-hope-and-place

Wicklow wolf rede ale is one..the mammoth...wasnt a fan ... Beavertown pale ale is nice... session was ok
    Sierra Nevada is lovely imo...good fruity blast from it...my fave of those...the last one...I haven't a clue... never seen it

If you get a chance someday...Kinnegar, a brewery in Donegal do some nice beers... Get something called "Olan's Tart"...it's an apple sour beer.... perfect for sitting in the garden on a warm evening

Sorry.. I like beer and whiskey ...I need some passion iny life :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement