Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

About to go grocery and alcohol shopping. God help any fcuker who doesn't keep away from me.

Get extra alcohol , I'll collect it when I do the windows :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Get extra alcohol , I'll collect it when I do the windows :pac:

:D I'll definitely be pushing the car home now!

:D I'll definitely be pushing the car home now!

Wait until tomorrow , I'll tow it home for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading to the shop myself and I might stock up on my drink of choice :D. May or may not wash windows tomorrow with all the talk of it here :D

Went to Supervalu at 10.30,joined the queue outside for 5 mins but it was slow moving and someone was coughing behind me so left and went to the smaller shop as just needed bread and milk, came home and had an argument with a man child so got into bed at 11.45 just to browse my phone in peace and woke at 4pm.I can't believe I slept so soundly .

Today is even weirder imo,an eerie feeling around, it's cold and dull,I think the reality of the situation is hitting hard and people are not in great form and yet not abiding by the requirements at all in some cases. One of my gang said last night that he wanted to go to the girlfriends house today (over 18 and together 2 years) so hes obviously not happy that I've said not a hope.
    I'm afraid to read the virus thread here or anything online apart from an odd peek, hoping the numbers will not be up too much later on the plus side looking forward to getting my windows tomorrow, plenty Lyons tae ready for Mam.😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

About to go grocery and alcohol shopping. God help any fcuker who doesn't keep away from me.

I was doing a shop earlier. Stocked up until next week. I had to check two stupid fookers for getting unnecessarily close to me. Some are still too dense to get it so do not be afraid to have a go at anyone. We are to treat all outside of our households as potential pariahs.

Duvet , maybe it's the reality of the situation hitting people that's giving that eerie feeling ?
    Positive thoughts , plan a celebratory family dinner for when ye can all be together again ? !
    Doesn't matter how long it takes for it to happen :)

Oh , any coffee instead of tea ? :D

Off to the vet, thankfully still open..... Need painkillers for the poor old mandog, & I have a feeling there won't be anything open next week......

Why am I so tired? I've already had one nap today, could easily have another!

Double. Post

Glitch!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Getting ready for work again. No phantom shift tonight though thank fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just woke up from a nap
    Went to Supervalu at 10.30,joined the queue outside for 5 mins but it was slow moving and someone was coughing behind me so left and went to the smaller shop as just needed bread and milk, came home and had an argument with a man child so got into bed at 11.45 just to browse my phone in peace and woke at 4pm.I can't believe I slept so soundly .

You had to queue outside to wait to go in is it?

Oh , any coffee instead of tea ? :D

Hmmm....I'll let ya away with this comment mam, if you had said use a certain brand of tea bags instead of the best ones out there, there may have been trouble......

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Take away night. There is a curry out there with my name on it.
    And a bottle or two of the good stuff.

@Sephers, the queue is outside Supervalu and a few left in at at a time,great idea but people need to cover up,at least wrap a scarf around your face, the elderly are brought to the top of the queue (if I was invited to the top I'd have died on the spot lol...my friend wasn't allowed into Tesco before work yesterday morning because she was too young and only the elderly were allowed in which is a great initiative for them).

@Mam,I'm a coffee drinker too,just the ordinary Maxwell house though, dont think I've ever had a hot Peruvian....yet.😂

My gang have been brilliant all week, genuinely haven't left the house but one just gone out with a hurley for a meet up with pals,I'm not happy at all and wondering if all our effort will be in vain if he doesn't maintain a safe distance, it's a nightmare.

I'm halfway through a bottle of red and devoured a bag of Keoghs, its Friday but not as we know it.

Oh and my dad rang earlier to say he was in the local town and it was empty, I asked him why dafuq he was there and he was a the bottle bank...ffs can you imagine touching the bins,I'd say he probably had a jam jar no bottles, I explained about touching things (again) and he says "Oh is that how it works "...I give up .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Anyone else wondering if there are two, um, 'nieces' of Fr. Jack frequenting the thread ?

I'm homeside and living the life of a hermit :D

Has anyone looked out at the sky ?
    Amazing colours tonight , slow cooking pearl rice here to make rice pudding , comfort food !

0lddog wrote: »
    Anyone else wondering if there are two, um, 'nieces' of Fr. Jack frequenting the thread ?

I'm homeside and living the life of a hermit :D

:D

I'm very sad to report that the alcohol levels were very low in Tesco, I'll be out early one morning next week and the credit card will probably melt.

Everyone was allowed into Tesco no bother, people having great chats in the aisles beside one another, the only concessions were the sanitising spray for your hands and trolley (hidden behind a poster to the right of the entrance so you had to look for it :rolleyes:) and the distance at the tills. Seemed to be a free for all otherwise.

Anyway, I have beer, wine, crisps and nuts. I'll eat healthily for the rest of the week, the alcohol is just to ward off the virus. ;)

Did someone mention nuts?I smell shenanigans lol.

Not ginger ones unfortunately! I have coffee for Mam when she's cleaning the windows though, it's only instant so don't tell Sephers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭gifted

Nuts and smell usually means no shenanigans lol lol......means have a shower quickly ..lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The sky is glorious rose pink, lavender and gold here.
    A great day tomorrow:)
    I enjoyed today. Very productive.
    I was unwell, then it cleared up, now it's back but different. I'm very chesty and in a pleasant fugue state from my fever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside

Its Friday and ye all know what that means right?

Let the shenanigans commence !!!!!! 😏😏😏

giphy.gif

Or in my case maybe not ☹️

😜😛

I'd love a night of shenanigans, neither of us would walk properly for a week!

Glitchy mc witchy really is quite b!tchy ...

Duvet and Leggy , instant is fine !
    Forgot to do the Euromillions . Again .

ETA,
    I disrupted a flow of , ah , "conversation" there , continue on Leggy and Seph :p

it's only instant so don't tell Sephers.

I see......

I think I need to sit down....

giphy.gif

Glitchy mc witchy really is quite b!tchy ...

Duvet and Leggy , instant is fine !
    Forgot to do the Euromillions . Again .

ETA,
    I disrupted a flow of , ah , "conversation" there , continue on Leggy and Seph :p
    Nothing to interrupt unfortunately! :pac:

I'd love a night of shenanigans, neither of us would walk properly for a week!

Bejaysis :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sunroom having a can of Guinness and listening to Shakespeares Sister........ Or at least I will be in a few seconds after the obligitory advert educates me about how to invest in stock shares.
    Horrible week, a full on attempt to keep my company ticking over (self employed) and concerned for My Dad who can't afford to get the virus for health reasons and the sheer terror of being put into lockdown with a "missus" who seems to think treating me like ****e is a hobby.
    Added to that Liverpool's league title on ice after 30 years of waiting...... Damn you mental crazy bat-soup eating people.... Trying to avoid being racist in any way but people who mistreat animals wouldn't be high up on my list anyway to start with and look at all the crap they've caused everyone.
    On a brighter note, I was sitting in traffic in Athy this evening and saw a pigeon land on someone's open apartment window and then rotate 180 degrees and take a poop inside their window and then fly off again. Ok, I know it's juvenile to laugh but think of the amount of places the pigeon could have done that and all the effort it took to fly to that window, perch there, rotate into position and then poo inside their window. I'm starting to believe in reincarnation!!! :)
    Stay safe everyone and remember this crap will eventually pass. Just like a well aimed pigeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Shenanigans?
    Juicy proposition there Seph.
    Remind of the joke, though I don't quite know why, of the two women cycling on a cobbled Road. The first one looks, around and says, I don't think I've ever come this way before, the second one answers, me either, it must be the cobbles.
    Having tea with my Mrs whose engrossed by Nevin Maguires Spanish cooking ramble in Spain.

Sorry to read that, NewRed, it's a lot to cope with. Ignore the missus anyway, look into financial help that's available and keep in contact with your dad. That's all you can do for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

ok, so a couple are on lockdown due to the virus and only supermarkets are left open. So the man sees a slab of beer for 24 euro and puts it in the trolley.
    His wife takes it out again and says no, be sensible, we cant afford luxuries any more.
    They carry on the next aisle and she sees skin cream for her face for 48 euro and puts it in the trolley.
    Her husband says "WTF?".
    She says "yes but it makes me look beautiful".
    Her husband replies "a slab of beer does too, and it was half the price!!"

(sorry, sexist joke maybe but thought it was worth a giggle)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement