Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

About to get up and seize the day. Might remove a bookcase and put shelving in there instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Total mood crash. Oh well, watch a show or two before bed to calm myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hang in there Grem, throw the phone away for a while and get some sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Total mood crash. Oh well, watch a show or two before bed to calm myself..

Its hard to avoid those crashes, I've found getting away from constantly checking the likes of Worldometer & facebook Covid-19 updates helps.

Also remind yourself that its one day at a time and today you're fit and healthy.

Have a nice nap.

At work, was up all night with the old dog. Something wrong, but no-one sure what, he just can't settle the poor old guy & I'm working at 7am every morning!

We have to keep records now for work of everyone we come into contact with during the days. It's to make contact tracing easier should we need it, also, we need to keep people working so important from that side too. Not a bad idea for everyone these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Just back from a walk in Renville park with the 2 eldest chicks.....jaysus but it's getting harder to drag this lump of a body around a park lately....chocolate biscuit anyone?...lol lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading down the park, my head is in a funk today.

Heading down the park, my head is in a funk today.

The walk and fresh air will do you good Sephers, I'd say we will all be having good days and bad days for a while, hopefully we won't all be on the same days or this place thread could get rough. 😂

I'm washed,dressed and makeup on but on the couch and can't motivate, plenty tidying and cleaning to be done here but I cant be bothered ,everyone else is still asleep here so I'll just enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I took all the seating cushions off the sofa to hoover them and down the sides etc. Instead I am sitting on the edge of it browsing Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Still in bed :( off my back onto my side which is progress I suppose.
    Going to try to stand up and if I can I will go for a little walk and hope that a dr I saw years ago was right, he had the same condition and told me about one time his back went pulling up his trousers, he was so helpful he had lots of advice - actual helpful advice because it wasn’t the standard medical stuff. He showed me how to get out of bed using my shoulder not my back and told me as long as I could keep moving then to keep moving. I have crutches downstairs from the same thing a while ago so at least that will help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It is bitterly cold out there this , although didn't see any groups together , which is good !
    A few out running , in single file with a nice distance between them , another positive this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Still in bed :( off my back onto my side which is progress I suppose.
    Going to try to stand up and if I can I will go for a little walk and hope that a dr I saw years ago was right, he had the same condition and told me about one time his back went pulling up his trousers, he was so helpful he had lots of advice - actual helpful advice because it wasn’t the standard medical stuff. He showed me how to get out of bed using my shoulder not my back and told me as long as I could keep moving then to keep moving. I have crutches downstairs from the same thing a while ago so at least that will help

Jesus Shoes, sounds brutal what you are going through.
    I banged the tip of my finger yesterday and still feeling sorry for myself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I took all the seating cushions off the sofa to hoover them and down the sides etc. Instead I am sitting on the edge of it browsing Boards.

Same here. There's so much I could be doing. Just one more cuppa and I will start up the hoovering again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Coffeeside, going to go for a walk soon, a long day of nothing looms otherwise. Then a shower and try to make myself look a bit more presentable.

Bubbly, I hope your dog is ok.

I'm getting very tired of the glitch at this point .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Started washing windows as it had been mentioned here :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm getting very tired of the glitch at this point .

I'm switching between the full and touch site. I did mention it in the help desk thread about the page returning to years ago, but nothing came of it.

Seph should being it up as a mod, we're all going to be cracking up enough without that.

So now on the touch site I can see there's a new page, but when I try to click on it it brings me to the top of the current page! :mad:

So now on the touch site I can see there's a new page, but when I try to click on it it brings me to the top of the current page! :mad:

Ha ha that happened me too until you posted the above !
    Hope it works for you now too !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yup. Took me 5 clicks to see your post Leggy!

Cheesy toasties for lunch then I'm hauling my ass outside for a trudge. I genuinely think I'm losing my mind. I've gone from being very isolated to almost completely cut off. I've got to mind my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have mine set on legacy site and I never glitch maybe try that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Temperature of 39 degrees now.
    Awaiting further information about a test.
    Thank God my o.h tested clear and is now well away from the risk of infection.
    I've been organising as much supplies as possible. Calor gas for cooking, pet food, industrial sized box of Barry's tea.

Temperature of 39 degrees now.
    Awaiting further information about a test.
    Thank God my o.h tested clear and is now well away from the risk of infection.
    I've been organising as much supplies as possible. Calor gas for cooking, pet food, industrial sized box of Barry's tea.

Get some paracetamol into you widders! Keeping your fever under control can help prevent secondary conditions developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Will do, thanks :)

My heads addled, I meant to say, I hope something happens to help the cut off feeling, Sardonicat.
    And that Shoes back settles down.
    And Grem feels better soon.
    And everyone stays as wellas possible.

Ill tellye something weird. This whole thing has fixed most of my mixed feelings about lots of things in life. I feel more content and focussed, without having to force it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yup. Took me 5 clicks to see your post Leggy!

Cheesy toasties for lunch then I'm hauling my ass outside for a trudge. I genuinely think I'm losing my mind. I've gone from being very isolated to almost completely cut off. I've got to mind my head.

Same here, the daily trudge keeps the head calm, for me.

Mind yourself.

What was the Pat Shortt programme where he played different characters?

We're going to be like the mad wans out power walking, except we won't be in groups. :D

The prospect of a long period of isolation is upsetting, I'd love to have a good get together tonight. Has anyone any plans or ideas for keeping themselves occupied?

Has anyone any plans or ideas for keeping themselves occupied?

Have you stockpiled batteries? If so, ......

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Have you stockpiled batteries? If so, ......

I have, but most ... eh things I have are rechargeable. :cool::pac:

What was the Pat Shortt programme where he played different characters?

We're going to be like the mad wans out power walking, except we won't be in groups. :D

The prospect of a long period of isolation is upsetting, I'd love to have a good get together tonight. Has anyone any plans or ideas for keeping themselves occupied?

I think I was already like that :D

• Advertisement

Glitch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement