Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the way peoples civility crumbles and they get confrontational over little differences instead of either talking it out or accepting the other person as they are.

TA people say always be you or always be genuine but the moment you dont conform to their way of doing things or you say something they didn't expect, or have an interest in things they don't like, they turn against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭seven of nine

Couldn't get passed the second level of Supermario World earlier. Use to be able to complete the whole thing, with my eyes closed.

"Supersweet" berries from Tesco taste like water. This is why I dont eat much out of season, imported fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

TA how my Dad watches nothing but the English news channels, despite there not being a drop of English blood in him. Also watches the English weather forecast over the Irish one. If England are due to get a couple of days of nice weather its "ooh we're in for a great couple of days". We live in the West of Ireland. Swear he does it to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Tourists in Spain defying the quarantine over there.

• Advertisement

People mentioning a quarantine baby boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

EDit wrote: »
    The BBC “headline” about how the stars are joining the Coronavirus fight...eh, all they are doing is posting a video of themselves at home. How does that help fight the virus!?!

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-51913872/coronavirus-stars-join-the-fight-against-covid-19

Because sadly, some people actually live their lives vicariously through what such and such celeb did/ said/ tweeted lately. Its all too common in this day and age. Some people are more influenced by instagrammers and celebs than by government or medical advice and common sense.

TA that where we live is quite isolated but since the lockdown, every Tom, Dick and Harry is driving to nearby walkways etc. that we usually enjoy in peace. Its good to see everyone out and about but the traffic is non stop, illegal parking is a joke and its so busy I feel like I would be safer on O'Connell St. Whats the point isolating or social distancing if everyone goes to the same place because, ironically, "it will be quieter there"? :)

TA how my Dad watches nothing but the English news channels, despite there not being a drop of English blood in him. Also watches the English weather forecast over the Irish one. If England are due to get a couple of days of nice weather its "ooh we're in for a great couple of days". We live in the West of Ireland. Swear he does it to annoy me.
    My parents do that too. Its on a f*cking loop in the house. What is the fascination?

Antares35 wrote: »
    Because sadly, some people actually live their lives vicariously through what such and such celeb did/ said/ tweeted lately. Its all too common in this day and age. Some people are more influenced by instagrammers and celebs than by government or medical advice and common sense.

TA that where we live is quite isolated but since the lockdown, every Tom, Dick and Harry is driving to nearby walkways etc. that we usually enjoy in peace. Its good to see everyone out and about but the traffic is non stop, illegal parking is a joke and its so busy I feel like I would be safer on O'Connell St. Whats the point isolating or social distancing if everyone goes to the same place because, ironically, "it will be quieter there"? :)

OMG I know what you mean! The beaches near me which are usually very quiet in March are absolutely thronged! And today I walked a very quiet loop, half beach, half quiet country lanes and it had been invaded, lanes and beach alike! I know I don't own them ;) and its great for people to get out into the fresh air, but I miss the peace and quiet. I always go off the beaten track and now its getting harder to find.

(on a side note I was up in the Mourne mountains on Sunday and they were beautiful and peaceful - you need to know which ones to go to that are quiet - plenty of space on them still)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tourists in Spain defying the quarantine over there.

Spring break in Florida has the beaches packed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Most days I will either walk or drive the prom for my sea fix. Today in particular the weather was miserable, but yesterday and today you would swear it was the height of summer with the amount of people that were on the beach/walking the prom. TA, I worry that it will come that we will be told we can't go outside at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Bags of frozen "broccoli /cauliflower" rice. The ingredient is 100% the vegetable. Therefore it is not f**king rice.

*Rolls eyes so far back in head they get lost*
    A bit like Vegan cheese. Or chickenless chicken slices.

Most days I will either walk or drive the prom for my sea fix. Today in particular the weather was miserable, but yesterday and today you would swear it was the height of summer with the amount of people that were on the beach/walking the prom. TA, I worry that it will come that we will be told we can't go outside at all :(

Where were all these people before? Did they just not exercise? Or were they in parks? And does that mean that maybe the parks are a better bet now for isolation?

TA would do anything for a cigarette and everyone on tv is smoking in that intense way that makes you want one but am barred until bubba arrives in 67 days but who is counting...

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    A bit like Vegan cheese. Or chickenless chicken slices.

Did you ever see the "fishless fingers" lol

Dog burst out barking next to my ear and I belted my knee on the table when I jumped up in shock. I only recently healed from breaking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

, I worry that it will come that we will be told we can't go outside at all :(

That would do my nut in.

It might work keeping people indoors in urban areas, having police patrolling around to check credentials.
    In rural Ireland? Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That I didn't get a shorter haircut a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That I didn't get a shorter haircut a few weeks ago!

I more than made up for yours yesterday, 36cm buzzed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Work are still faffing around talking about making everyone work from home. You know it's gonna happen, just ****ing make the decision and let us go home ffs. I don't even need the days off, just let me work from home and protect myself.

Our new neighbours have a dog that literally never stops barking. They throw him out into the garden at all hours - for example on Sunday morning at 7am, and he stood at the side gate barking his stupid head off. Now that we are all working from home, it's a disturbance during the day too. I love dogs, but I will not see this pandemic through without near killing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Whether the communion and confirmations are going ahead.I have both this year and its the not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dubstarr wrote: »
    Whether the communion and confirmations are going ahead.I have both this year and its the not knowing.

Not for a good while I'd say.
    It might be very small ceremonies if they do take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Work are still faffing around talking about making everyone work from home. You know it's gonna happen, just ****ing make the decision and let us go home ffs. I don't even need the days off, just let me work from home and protect myself.

Wow, are some employers still sitting on the fence over working from home? I'm in my second week of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

My poor heart must be TA at the moment ... every time my Mum or Dad cough it skips a beat and I can do nothing about it!

A tricky phone charger or port at a time like this.

People who I know in person who were pig ignorant about C19 are now braying at everyone to "stay the f*ck home". Also making virtuous posts ontheir ownpage aabout dropping supplies to people but not posting it anywhere vulnerable people would actually see it. Also neglecting their own older relatives while making that show of being helpful. It's two faced. I can always predict which tune the idiots will be whistling depending on what's popular.

Just back from the local shop and I dont think people still understand what we need to be doing regarding the virus.There was about 8 of us in the shop and all were middle to old age.I had a huge scarf wrapped around my face and disposable gloves but I was definitely the only one .I saw one using the sanitizer at the door a few people used the coffee machine but no gloves or sanitizer used.
    I was shocked at the old people and hope they are understanding the message.People are complaining about scare mongering but I think its still not registering with a lot of people that it's so serious. I'm not ranting but I genuinely felt after last night that everyone would be covered up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just back from the local shop and I dont think people still understand what we need to be doing regarding the virus.There was about 8 of us in the shop and all were middle to old age.I had a huge scarf wrapped around my face and disposable gloves but I was definitely the only one .I saw one using the sanitizer at the door a few people used the coffee machine but no gloves or sanitizer used.
    I was shocked at the old people and hope they are understanding the message.People are complaining about scare mongering but I think its still not registering with a lot of people that it's so serious. I'm not ranting but I genuinely felt after last night that everyone would be covered up today.

I was in teh chemist yesterday.Social distancing is in force there.Only 1 person at a time and theres a barrier to be served from.

I waited for my turn outside,i was only in and i noticed someone standing behind me.Do people not understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wow, are some employers still sitting on the fence over working from home? I'm in my second week of it.

It's local government, they're slower than most at making decisions. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    It's local government, they're slower than most at making decisions. :rolleyes:

Ah right, that explains it then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pricks who dish out official advice but then refuse to stand over it when asked if they can be quoted. Just try and pass the buck up the line to the next spineless prick. I'm done with these people today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement