Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Cw85 wrote: »
    Are you for real? This is boards that person might not be a member of the defences forces for all you know. I'm saying what I heard from two reputable sources I don't know how that's scaremongering of anything its giving people a heads up!!

He is.

Queue (because of the mass gathering restrictions)

No 'social distancing' in the queue though.

lots of hugging, arms around people for pictures, kissing to be seen,

its actually fascinating to watch

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    They really do.

I suspect that constant thorn in their side the Vintners Association are behind it not happening yet.

I no longer drink , but am having a really tough time dealing with reality 24/7 - people are getting trashed cause reality does not look good right now - but wish they just got it from off-licences and Supermarket - Nightclubs and crowded Temple bar type pubs are lethal places right now - but I do know most in the nightclub indusrty as well as Entertainment/Gigs are facing a very very dark future , hopefully and it will, rise again when the time is right to party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thats the crazy thing now. Anyone that gets the regular flu or cost or chest infection is gonna panic themselves and anyone around them. Weird crazy times.

And if you actually sneeze, the looks you get from other punters. I noticed that the space got slightly larger around me today when I sneezed at the shop's today and people increased their 'social distance' to avoid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Exactly. Buy now. Eventually this will pass. Markets will recover rapidly.

Indicators are not so optimistic.
    I’d be as pessimistic about the economy as the posters here are about the virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Cocaine is going to take a hit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I didn't realise the morality police were recruiting during a crisis. How high does my pedestal have to be before applying to join captain? :rolleyes:

Grow up , morality police? This reckless behaviour could cost lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And if you actually sneeze, the looks you get from other punters. I noticed that the space got slightly larger around me today when I sneezed at the shop's today and people increased their 'social distance' to avoid me.

They did the right thing, but did you by going shopping? How are you feeling!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Cocaine is going to take a hit too.

i'll take a hit, too

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Are you for real? This is boards that person might not be a member of the defences forces for all you know. I'm saying what I heard from two reputable sources I don't know how that's scaremongering of anything its giving people a heads up!!

It was also addressed in the press conference earlier and called out as bullsh*t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Fann Linn wrote: »

People don’t want to get sick. It’s completely understandable

banie01 wrote: »
    For new infections, I'd hope so.
    For deaths from Covid-19, it will take a little longer I think.

The sheer volume of medical resourcing tied up in fighting Covid-19 will raise the mortality across all causes as medical resources are diverted from normal paramedic and emergency care.

Your 100% right about outside emergemcy cases not getting done....imo they should treat them in kids hospitdeals,they are empty over there

I know that yesterday the 1st 10 towns locked down had no new cases,so hopefully rest of italy should be a week behind

It looks bad now,but they are imo on verge of getting it under control

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Nermal

We could have just quarantined everyone over 50, and encouraged everyone else to have a giant virus sharing party.

About 3,500 people would die, but we’d be most of the way to herd immunity and would have avoided triggering a repeat of the great depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

We are about 3 weeks behind Italy.

They had 79 cases on 22nd February.

Because of UKs refusal to close schools they will get there much sooner.

Our government will then issue an advisory that anyone who comes from the UK must isolate for 2 weeks, otherwise our own delay measures will be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

what do you mean higher ? Which index?

NASDAQ and S&P, looking now at DOW and it actually dropped this week below the 2018 level.

Tech sector is still way above the 12/2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Geuze wrote: »
    I haven't checked, but I assume pubs are quiet? Trade is suffering?

I am drinking at home, due to social distancing.

I have sympathy with the pubs.

505474.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hopefully the NPHET action will allow us to ride the wave a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You're obviously new around here, he most certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Italy has a population of 60 million. We have a population of 4.7 million.
    There's a thing that exists called 'scale'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Grow up , morality police? This reckless behaviour could cost lives.

Ah yeah sure I was shopping earlier today and the place was packed, every single one of them are "selfish c*nts" and endangering lives. How dare they try and live some life and not stay in a single room for the next 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Im also a member of the DF, along with Makikomi....almost 60 years service between us.

The info you provided was not correct, not your fault of course.

However, I would add a caveat that if that situation is what the HSE/AGS wish the DF to assist with, we will do it. It is on a long lost of POTENTIAL things that MAY be required to be done.

TBH, if there was a forced lockdown happening on Monday, myself and Mak wouldnt be posting here, we would be at work getting/giving briefs and getting ready.

Thats not what we are doing.

We dont know what next week or the week after truely has in store for the country, if everyone does their part it might be manageable, if it blows up like Italy/Spain....expect whatever measures they have in place to be echoed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Grow up ffs.

Coming from someone calling people selfish c*nts. Look in the mirror before judging other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

coastwatch wrote: »
    A fast and reliable test that can detect even at pre-symptomatic stage would be more useful than a vaccine now
    Problem is who to test, they are not even aware themselves. No country on the planet has the resource to test and process whole populations.

A possible route could be to devise, identify, and test a random statistically valid sample. At least that would give a more accurate indication of the true curve and where you are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My sister was at this GP this morning in Broughty Ferry, Dundee when two doctors tested positive, she is not too sure if she is to isolate, but I told her to call the 111 number if she feels any of the symptoms. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/1194634/coronavirus-cases-linked-to-broughty-ferry-practice-force-closure-of-local-health-centre/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

My gym was closed. The local pub is open.
    Says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Such a crap pub too, at least go somewhere good people! Keep the smaller guys open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Simon Coveney basically saying do not travel.

Literally 15 minutes after top HSE guy says”there are no further travel restrictions planned”.....Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

bekker wrote: »
    Statistics compiled by the HSE show that as of 11am this morning, most of those infected are in the 55-63 age bracket.

The second highest incidences of cases is among the population aged between 34 and 44, followed by those aged 45-54 and 15-24.

Although the number of cases among the over 65s is relatively lower at this stage, those in this category are more of risk of complications.

Any source for this? It's really frustrating to see people posting what seems like detailed, useful information but without any verification that it's real and not just from that section of Dougal's brain that is reserved for bunny rabbits and Sister Assumpta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I’m going back to work tomorrow. Did 6 days of isolation, that’s it done, tried to get a doctors note and a test done but couldn’t get it. Will be using public transport and shopping as normal.
    Pubs open, mixed messages from National Television station and government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

My gym was closed. The local pub is open.
    Says a lot.

Is your gym still charging?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement