Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

joe40 wrote: »
    Some people seem to be gutted the numbers aren't higher.

Coronavoyeurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

MCKG wrote: »
    I am from this town in south Galway. We have had 4 confirmed cases since Sunday. 3 of those cases (we think) seem to be included in today figures, the other 1 in yesterday’s. Lots of people being tested of the past few days.

The GP is right, schools need to close in this area and all events cancelled.

There only seem to be 2 reported in the West today - one male, one female and there was 1 female yesterday also. Are you telling me all these cases (and another one) are from the one small town?

It's madness keeping the schools open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hurrache wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the coronavirus, we'll just be better with those people never coming back.

Yeah lets banish every gambler, everyone has their own vice and if they say they don't they're lying. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

IRELAND
    Info released 11th Feb - 65 tested 0 confirmed for period start (?) up to Mon 10th Feb
    Info released 19th Feb - 78 tested 0 confirmed - 13 new tests in week Tue 11th to Mon 18th Feb
    Info released 25th Feb 90 tested 0 confirmed - 12 new tests in week Tue 19th - Mon 24th Feb
    Info released 3rd March 397 tested 2confirmed - 307 tests in week Tue 25th Feb to Mon 2nd March
    Info released 10th March 1784 tested 34 (+32) confirmed - 1387 tests in week Tue 3rd Mar to Mon 9th March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

circadian wrote: »
    Are you seriously goading someone working on the front line of this? Get over yourself.

No I really believe the HSE have been way too strict in their testing criteria.

That poster seems to think myself and others are enjoying this by expressing OUTRAGE.

We still have flights coming in from Italy today I think this is some scary sh*t.

Do not let my sense of humour fool you.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Complete horse****. Well done. I hope you and Cinemaguy enjoy your posts. Disgrace.

Look at our number of tests compared to Uk and how we ramped up. Keyboard warriors. The worst.

I don't doubt that frontline staff are working their arses off, but it would have been nice if the HSE had done anything to stop there being community spread cases in the first place.

I could tell you who was infected. It wasn't rocket science. It was people coming back from Italy. I said it two weeks ago. The HSE was retarded (in both senses of the word) two weeks ago, them getting around to doing mass testing now doesn't change that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

Lanor2020 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if each person is tested just the once, or do they repeat tests on suspected cases after a few days?
    Guy interviewed by RTE who in isolation gets tested every day when he has 2 clear tests will be 'released'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

thebaz wrote: »
    I was expecting it higher , if we can cases low , will help buy more time and stagger hospitisations as best we can so resources can be spread to those who need them most.

RTE said tonight about 1700 or so tests done which is not that many. There will be the tests done after the doc in the hospital, they would be testing staff (roughly 175 in iso), patients and their families, those that have come back from Italy and of course the chap in Cork who was release and then came back in.

Then there is the 3 or so day wait for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah lets banish every gambler, everyone has their own vice and if they say they don't they're lying. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Yeah, I love throwing stones. It's my only vice. I got thrown out of my squat in the Botanical Gardens for it though. Not sure if it was related
    Maybe it's because of my other vice, lying. I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Coronavoyeurs.

I don't agree but that is funny and original I had to thank it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

niallo27 wrote: »
    Gym is full and the shops are full of food. Nobody gives a **** in the real world, I dont know should i be panicked or relieved by that.

I am stocking up slowly but surely on stuff in case of worst case scenario. Ideally it all blows over and I can use the stuff over next few months, however my biggest fear is catching it and having **** all in the gaff.

Its possible people might be doing the same.

I do think their is people who are taking care of themselves and going about their day as usual. Its no worse doing that than spending your day online secretly hoping for an outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Ah come on? Surely that's a joke

I Know a woman who was seriously worried about the prospect of not been able to visit her elderly father in a home. Her attitude was if this virus takes him so be it, something will. But the idea of not been able to visit was more heartbreaking.

Even though we have low case numbers, I think a two week university and schools closure is needed. Stop a spread before it possibly happens.

Two weeks is never happening. Once they close, they close. This is my seventh or maybe eight week not teaching, and it just picked up where I am in the last few days so I'm writing off the entire term.

I reckon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

They shouldn't have needed to be told not to go there FFS. With the exception if they had to do so for work of course (because they might have been in danger of losing their jobs if they refused to go). Most people were just fecking around on skiing trips though!

In all fairness, we should take them back, even if they are feckless idiots. Just put them in quarantine, like everyone who was coming from Italy should have gone into in the first frigging place.

Average of 198 tests per day based on 7 day week.

Last week average just under 44 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

spookwoman wrote: »
    RTE said tonight about 1700 or so tests done which is not that many. There will be the tests done after the doc in the hospital, they would be testing staff (roughly 175 in iso), patients and their families, those that have come back from Italy and of course the chap in Cork who was release and then came back in.

Then there is the 3 or so day wait for the test.
    That's more than have been done in the entire eastern seaboard of the United States.

And the turnaround time for the test is under 12 hours. NOT 3 days as fools on Fakebook will tell you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

theguzman wrote: »
    Do we have a county by county breakdown on figures? I heard of a case in Ballyvourney Co. Cork yesterday! Even the Chinese who were criticized gave us a breakdown by prefecture of cases. With 50 cases on the island, we should be getting the information of where the infected are, was it local transmission or imported from abroad etc. Italy has higher death figures per day than China now, Ireland will be Italy within 2 weeks.

Officially no we don`t.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,845 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I Know a woman who was seriously worried about the prospect of not been able to visit her elderly father in a home. Her attitude was if this virus takes him so be it, something will. But the idea of not been able to visit was more heartbreaking.

Da Fuq? :confused:

She can't visit him if he is dead, no one can visit anyone if she brings the virus in with her and kills everyone in the ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Urgh. Need to stop posting here. Best of luck all. Good luck!

Don't you be bailing on us! We need to keep feeding the hysteria Goddamnit!

Quitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

National guard deployed in New York for a two week period. Must likely will be extended. This is the start of it. Only a matter of time.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1237418127975211010

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Where are posters getting 500k cases by early May? Would it not be end April with those projections and no control measures?

If we say cases double every 3.5 days that's quadrupling every week

So 34 now
    March 17 136
    March 24 544
    March 31 2176
    April 7 8704
    April 14 34816
    April 21 139264
    April 28 557056

That would be 100k people by end April that would need hospital care potentially

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

With a uni closure, there'd be mass movement of people to areas around the country you'd think to go back to their families, part time jobs etc.

Could be a whole other headache to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What’s the CMO? You seem to have good knowledge of departmental acronyms and seem to favour everything they’ve done to date.

I wonder......

What are the department’s,.. sorry I mean your views on community transmission testing?

Chief Medical Officer! You don't need to be a medic or in the HSE to know that one. It's been used in TV and print news reports constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone else sense that this country is, in fact, riddled with Coronavirus?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

But that’s a pretty selfish attitude because that may be true for her, maybe even for her father. But what about the rest of the people at that home? Do they have to risk it so she doesn’t get her heart broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MCKG

yasmina wrote: »
    There only seem to be 2 reported in the West today - one male, one female and there was 1 female yesterday also. Are you telling me all these cases (and another one) are from the one small town?

It's madness keeping the schools open.

Yes all in one small town.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

IRELAND
    Info released 11th Feb - 65 tested 0 confirmed for period start (?) up to Mon 10th Feb
    Info released 19th Feb - 78 tested 0 confirmed - 13 new tests in week Tue 11th to Mon 18th Feb
    Info released 25th Feb 90 tested 0 confirmed - 12 new tests in week Tue 19th - Mon 24th Feb
    Info released 3rd March 397 tested 2confirmed - 307 tests in week Tue 25th Feb to Mon 2nd March
    Info released 10th March 1784 tested 34 (+32) confirmed - 1387 tests in week Tue 3rd Mar to Mon 9th March

That's just over double every 2 days since our first confirmation on average then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The US have a made a b*lls of this thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Officially no we don`t.

Yes because we only have a corrupt elite in power and the health service exists as a dumping ground for those failed careers of Fianna Fail cronies. This will be the biggest killer on the island since the Great Famine.

All air travel in and out should have been halted three weeks ago. I know I will probably survive this as I am now in South America, it is my parents whom I am worried about as both have underlying risk.

This will become a defining moment in our annals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Darc19 wrote: »
    That's more than have been done in the entire eastern seaboard of the United States.

And the turnaround time for the test is under 12 hours. NOT 3 days as fools on Fakebook will tell you.

Know reports from very reliable people on twitter not FB who said they know someone waiting 3+ days for result.
    I'd believe them before someone just saying ah facebook...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement