Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

WAZZA1989 wrote: »
    I am sorry I cannot name the source and I am sorry for that but it is a very reliable source from inside the hospital

I have also been told 13 patients in Mater not 2 again I cannot name the source but I can assure you it is reliable

this was post that confused me about the mater....if above genuine, does that include cases from yesterday ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Boggles wrote: »
    There is still an overwhelming sense that this is happening somewhere else.

Yeah. I haven't been asked about the weather in a week at work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭endainoz

Can't block off the capital, boy.

I'm also not ok with being closer to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,794 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I'm due to fly on a dream round the world trip as a bucket list with my grandfather, first stop is Bologna, then onto Qom followed by a stop in Hubei, then Seoul, followed by San Fran before coming back through Milan, any travel advise?
    Do a cruise round San Francisco Bay - I understand there's a ship ready and waiting for some new passengers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Couldn’t give a **** man. Been working in ED all weekend seeing sick patients with all sorts, ? Covid included. Appropriate presentations are being tested. Appropriate patients are being isolated. Post what you want here. I hope it makes you feel good about yourself. Well done. It’s people like you we need more of. A real selfless hero.

Misery_03_7bcc703c01b98a028ca1b1c6ab30dbbb_mood-0cfc98a784c4.jpg

Look emotion does not Trump facts.

We are sleepwalking into a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

We be better off witout de HSE, f dem snakes hun
    Necro wrote: »
    Plans are afoot to annex Cork and Clare and send them off into the Atlantic to sort themselves out.

The rest of us will be grand.
    Wow, this guy makes jokes about Cork. How edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s really true, walking around town and in work and you wouldn’t expect there to be a health crisis looming.

Even Dublin airport is fine, not a mask in sight.

Well I did notice a tangible difference in how busy the dart was today. Lot of people staying at home by the looks of it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great news, at least on my side!

Mother-in-law has decided not to come, and instead fly back to her homeland, Argentina, tomorrow. Best decision really instead of lumping about in Italy or ****ing our family over in Dublin. A huge sense of relief off my chest anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The Danish increase by 3 fold is the news of today with COVID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Maybe, but i’d be grateful if you stay there for now, thanks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lanor2020

Does anyone know if each person is tested just the once, or do they repeat tests on suspected cases after a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,352 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What do you mean 40 NEW cases?

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    Wow, their population is similar to ours.

Yeah but they're a peninsula!
    With a large dispersed rural population with only a few major urban centres and population primarily in the 3 largest cities.

And sure they even have a bridge to Sweden ;)
    BoJo hasn't snared our lovely isle with a bridge yet!

We are totally different to Denmark and all those other Europeans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

Misery_03_7bcc703c01b98a028ca1b1c6ab30dbbb_mood-0cfc98a784c4.jpg

Look emotion does not Trump facts.

We are sleepwalking into a disaster.

Are you seriously goading someone working on the front line of this? Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Bit unnecessary tbh considering most cases aren't coming from outside Ireland, they're already in Ireland.

Nothing to do with the coronavirus, we'll just be better with those people never coming back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mother-in-law has decided not to come, and instead fly back to her homeland, Argentina, tomorrow. Best decision really instead of lumping about in Italy or ****ing our family over in Dublin. A huge sense of relief off my chest anyway.

Delighted for you. Must be a huge relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

And on top of all that there is a virus going around.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Necro wrote: »
    Plans are afoot to annex Cork and Clare and send them off into the Atlantic to sort themselves out.

The rest of us will be grand.

Woah woah woah dont associate us with that cork crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

is_that_so wrote: »
    The CMO says no at present, but has left it open as to whether it will be necessary but definitely not yet.

What’s the CMO? You seem to have good knowledge of departmental acronyms and seem to favour everything they’ve done to date.

I wonder......

What are the department’s,.. sorry I mean your views on community transmission testing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

So, say somebody travelling back from not Italy, starts showing symptoms.
    If they ring and lie and say they travelled from a hot spot, would they get tested then?
    Then if positive, reveal they were in France, Germany etc... Would that open the gates to start testing for those regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Do we have a county by county breakdown on figures? I heard of a case in Ballyvourney Co. Cork yesterday! Even the Chinese who were criticized gave us a breakdown by prefecture of cases. With 50 cases on the island, we should be getting the information of where the infected are, was it local transmission or imported from abroad etc. Italy has higher death figures per day than China now, Ireland will be Italy within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It's actually not at all high for the size of the country.

I was expecting it higher , if we can cases low , will help buy more time and stagger hospitisations as best we can so resources can be spread to those who need them most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

circadian wrote: »
    Are you seriously goading someone working on the front line of this? Get over yourself.

Some people seem to be gutted the numbers aren't higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The thread is way beyond the point where it wouldn't be out of place in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

Are any countries doing what China ended up doing and adding numbers for people who hadn't been tested, but matched the symptoms? Clinical diagnosis I think it was called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Was talking to someone in China today, in Dalian. They expect to get out and about in a week or two with total free movement from the 26 March with all shops and businesses open.

If you now arrive in china by air you are greeted onboard by temperature testers, those that are found to have a high temperature or symptoms are carted off to a facility to be tested and locked up with all the rest of the potential spreaders until you are cleared, if you test positive you are straight to the hospital. If you arrive and have no temperature then its off to a hotel where you will be confined on your own for 14 days. They don't mess around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What’s the CMO? You seem to have good knowledge of departmental acronyms and seem to favour everything they’ve done to date.

I wonder......
    Chief Medical Officer AKA Ton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Even though we have low case numbers, I think a two week university and schools closure is needed. Stop a spread before it possibly happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement