Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part V - 34 cases in ROI, 16 in NI (as of 10 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The numbers provided by the press conference suggest average tests per day is 200.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fritzelly wrote: »
    So with all the other "confirmed" cases today it's actually 40 new cases today?

Based on this thread and their 'sources' I'd say it's closer to 50 billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

What do you mean 40 NEW cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Please lock down now, or we will have to in 2 weeks anyway
    Lock down what and where?

No it was 10....do keep up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Achasanai wrote: »
    Interesting,if Bekker is right then 10 cases would be far in excess of the norm (less China).
    Range is 1.03-1.25, but varies day to day (my cals do not factor varying multiples, no mode or median figures available that I could find. Using that range with 0.03 intervals gives a mean of ~ 1.165.

The high figures seem to be common to ROI/UK, no idea why.

Really too few data points available as yet to establish where we are on the growth curve, it's all guess work so far. It will continue to be until future cases start falling roughly into the forward projections without back-fitting, about another 7/10 days yet. As the numbers rise I fear our case numbers will develop into a classic exponential growth curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Does anyone know if our healthcare workers have enough safety equipment? I know the masks are made in limerick so I assume we are ok for them, but what about everything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Complete horse****. Well done. I hope you and Cinemaguy enjoy your posts. Disgrace.

Do you think an outrage emoji or a picture like this might be even more effective?

femenist.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What do you mean 40 NEW cases?
    From "sources", usually Whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

gmisk wrote: »

This thread.
    It’s out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

You implied it was a positive case. WhatsApp groups aren't a reputable source. This thread is evidence of that.

Why post details about the patient at all if you were going to "change the details a bit". So you were lying then.

I implied nothing. He/She sent messages THEMSELVES. You obviously only read one message between myself and CW1985 and came to a conclusion. An ignorant one at that Miss.

I'm not lying it's near Carlow, go search for all the males/females around there as I changed the age.

Get lost with your self righteous BS. Oh look at me I'm in the health service crap

If the person has told half Laois/Carlow/Kilkenny it's not my fault. Go stick your considerable beak somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Necro wrote: »
    Based on this thread and their 'sources' I'd say it's closer to 50 billion.

I'm no good at judging the size of crowds, Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MCKG

yasmina wrote: »
    I'm hearing (on twitter, from a local GP) that there are 5 cases in South Galway. He's begging the Govt to close schools in the area.
    I can't understand how a GP would put this out there unless he has some evidence?
    The numbers being reported don't add up. OK, maybe he's counting some of the Clare cases as it's close, but still.
    It's the non-transparency that's infuriating.

I am from this town in south Galway. We have had 4 confirmed cases since Sunday. 3 of those cases (we think) seem to be included in today figures, the other 1 in yesterday’s. Lots of people being tested of the past few days.

The GP is right, schools need to close in this area and all events cancelled.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    This thread.
    It’s out of control.

No it is in the "containment" phase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Do you think an outrage emoji or a picture like this might be even more effective?

femenist.png

Couldn’t give a **** man. Been working in ED all weekend seeing sick patients with all sorts, ? Covid included. Appropriate presentations are being tested. Appropriate patients are being isolated. Post what you want here. I hope it makes you feel good about yourself. Well done. It’s people like you we need more of. A real selfless hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Gym is full and the shops are full of food. Nobody gives a **** in the real world, I dont know should i be panicked or relieved by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Does anyone know why we don't add dye to our hand wash etc., a little like a plaque disclosing tablet?

Surely it would be of benefit all the time now just now. I know it'll take for than that to curb this thing but so many people are really rubbish at washing their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I say block the ports and airports and leave those who went to Cheltham over there.

We’d better block Cork off while we’re at it so, i don’t want it in Longford.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Another competent update by tony holohan. In Tony we trust. Very clear and confident and it reassured me he knows his stuff. He seems very genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Micky 32 wrote: »

If Longford is free, I'm moving up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No it is in the "containment" phase

Post of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Wow, their population is similar to ours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Plans are afoot to annex Cork and Clare and send them off into the Atlantic to sort themselves out.

The rest of us will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Urgh. Need to stop posting here. Best of luck all. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Can't block off the capital, boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

is_that_so wrote: »
    From "sources", usually Whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter!

Ah Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

10 cases means we doubled in around 4 days, which is better than expected I think. At that rate we wouldn't peak until mid May (e.g. 500,000 cases by 4th May, so peak over the next weeks). Barring any control measures of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,845 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

niallo27 wrote: »
    Gym is full and the shops are full of food. Nobody gives a **** in the real world, I dont know should i be panicked or relieved by that.

There is still an overwhelming sense that this is happening somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The poster obviously means lockdown the country. Like what has been done in Italy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement