Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Fair enough yeah totally different band. Like compare I Cant Dance to this!

I knw Sledgehammer is a solo Gabriel song but he sounds very Phil Collins for that song

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Biffy Clyro UK & Europe dates announced Wed 11 March.

ts_editor wrote: »

Interesting

3arena or maybe an outdoor summer show

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Ive noticed that Kings of Leon gig is subject of Licencing. I think that means that its coranavirus dependent ive seen loads of tours cancelled this past week alone its actually here now unfortuantely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Ive noticed that Kings of Leon gig is subject of Licencing. I think that means that its coranavirus dependent ive seen loads of tours cancelled this past week alone its actually here now unfortuantely

Every single outdoor gig is subject to licensing. It's nothing to do with coronavirus, it's to do with council approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I think it would be best for everyone on this isle that this particular gig is cancelled, that's nothing got to do with the he coronavirus though.....

I think it would be best for everyone on this isle that this particular gig is cancelled, that's nothing got to do with the he coronavirus though.....

'Sex on fire' bandwagon will sell it

Remember the time they headlined slane and loads of the fans from there hairy days saying about bandwagoners going etc but at the end of the day there making money and they don't give a fiddlers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wouldnt be surprised if its a smaller venue tour with the release of the new album, then a 3Arena show later in the year or early 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I thought KOL were great in the 3arena a couple years ago. I actually liked their recent album too, so liked the
    fact it was more of an album tour than all out greatest hits tour. I also liked the way they changed up the setting between quiet acoustic and more stadium rock feel during Walls. Not sure how well they would come across at an outdoor gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

All gigs are announced subject to licence. That’s not strange.

Whether or not Corona takes it down ain’t gonna be do with that.

• Advertisement

The prices for Kings of Leon are ridiculous 110 for gold circle including fees. They are good but not that good live nation ripping people off as per usual it seems. Was way cheaper to see the Foo Fighters in the same venue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The prices for Kings of Leon are ridiculous 110 for gold circle including fees. They are good but not that good live nation ripping people off as per usual it seems. Was way cheaper to see the Foo Fighters in the same venue
    General standing was €80 for Foo Fighters, and is €80 for KOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Same as Fleetwood Mac, same as P!nk.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

Guys ive just bought Ricky Gervais tickets for the Friday show without realising ive another concert that night :(

Is there any way of swapping them for the Saturday - do Ticketmaster do this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Monkey2019 wrote: »
    Guys ive just bought Ricky Gervais tickets for the Friday show without realising ive another concert that night :(

Is there any way of swapping them for the Saturday - do Ticketmaster do this?

I think you can cancel your ticket within 24 hours and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Buy the tickets for Saturday

Get a refund on the Friday ones using the fan guarantee

You can sell them on ticketmaster for what you got them for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

€110 is ridiculous. Especially a weds night

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    €110 is ridiculous. Especially a weds night

Your not getting the moneys worth at all paying those prices, im a big fan but i had to be sensible about that its way too much for an hour and a half performance. I paid for gold circle for Gnr while that is way nore expensive you get 3+ hrs from them and they usually dont go cheap on the support. Green day are charging the same price but you get Weezer,Fall out boy and green day for that. With KOL yor literally paying for them only at the moment. Foo fighters were the same price all around for standing there was no gold circle crap it really seperates people based on income which is lousy

It's a pity Deep Purple supported by Blue Oyster Cult aren't playing here

In a few UK places in October

https://www.deeppurple.com/current-tour-dates/

Going to be a boring summer if everything is cancelled cos of that poxy virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's a pity Deep Purple supported by Blue Oyster Cult aren't playing here

In a few UK places in October

https://www.deeppurple.com/current-tour-dates/

Going to be a boring summer if everything is cancelled cos of that poxy virus

London or Manchester look very tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Texas have added a second night in Dublin ,the Sunday night.

ESqTkwxXgAICBBX?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Just noticed both MCD and Aiken are posting about genesis. Very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    Texas have added a second night in Dublin ,the Sunday night.
    That'd be annoying if you bought already & had to take the monday off to get there.

A tip is checking the olympia site to see if dates are available before or after so you can rule out the possibility of a 2nd night. There are things on before and after so definitely just the 2 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JamieHP wrote: »
    Just noticed both MCD and Aiken are posting about genesis. Very strange!

2nd genesis date in dublin, seems Aiken are doing belfast

𝗚𝗜𝗚 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦 ✵ Due to demand, Genesis have added a second date at the 3Arena, Dublin!

Tickets now on sale for 17th November: http://bit.ly/Genesis-TM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

rubadub wrote: »
    That'd be annoying if you bought already & had to take the monday off to get there.

A tip is checking the olympia site to see if dates are available before or after so you can rule out the possibility of a 2nd night. There are things on before and after so definitely just the 2 nights.

Yes ,that's sneaky.
    Can you change dates of gigs under the fan guarantee I wonder ?

Texas are playing 4 nights on the trot now with the added date in Dublin ,which is too much ,takes a big toll on the lead singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Idlewild
    25th Anniversary

Tu 10 Nov - Button Factory
    W 11 Nov - Empire Music Hall

Mailing list presale - W 11 Mar
    General sale - F 13 March

• Registered Users Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Idlewild
    25th Anniversary

Tu 10 Nov - Button Factory
    W 11 Nov - Empire Music Hall

Mailing list presale - W 11 Mar
    General sale - F 13 March

Nice :)

Join by midnight tomorrow for a code, https://idlewild.co.uk/mailing-list

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Idlewild are awesome live.. Hope the bang out all the hits , or play 100 Broken Windows in its entirety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No prices up for Idlewild !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement