Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    My upcoming big gatherings include Vantastival and Sunstroke in June. I'm hoping this will all have blown over by then...

Vantastival have just announced that they are postponing the event until September (18th - 20th).

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Biffly Clyro Belfast SSE Arena October 6th Dublin 3Arena Otober 7th , Tuesday and Wednesday gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

don't really see why they're primarily thinking about big ones.
    small gigs and gatherings are the most at risk.

Festivals are outdoors and less congested, so are the least risky.

they should be shutting down pubs, trains, buses, schools, chruches etc. before they shut down outside events like festivals or sporting events.

according to the UK Deputy Chief Medical Officer:

still, the way this and several countries are going these days, populism trumps facts and science....

I dont know are they, it was more speculation on my part going on banning of 1000 or 5000 plus people in other European. If its 5000 say it will mostly impact on 3Arena gigs and festivals. With smaller gigs guess risk is lower with less crowds. Not sure many gig venues in Dublin say hold more than 1000 people. For outdoor gigs it might be more the uncertainty and maybe people less willing to go which could cause them to be cancelled or postponed. Hygiene at festivals is challenging enough at the best of times and could be trouble getting suppliers nd artists over with travel being disrupted. Say most festivals will wait and make decision closer to time but ones in April or May could be in trouble over next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement

ES1EeQ7WsAch2dK?format=jpg&name=small

Picnic lineup looks like they spent a lot of the money on RATM. That Lineup is not what i was expecting 3 of those acts are playing malahide and Cork why book them again? I was expecting Liam Gallagher to be there since hes doing the festival circuit. This is what happens when it sells out before it's even announced they dont have to book amazing acts to sell tickets. Lewis is making a fortune here my god

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It looks like they have basically spent buttons on the lineup and pocketed the cash,but I would have expected nothing less.

Its an atrocious lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    ES1EeQ7WsAch2dK?format=jpg&name=small

Picnic lineup looks like they spent a lot of the money on RATM. That Lineup is not what i was expecting 3 of those acts are playing malahide and Cork why book them again? I was expecting Liam Gallagher to be there since hes doing the festival circuit. This is what happens when it sells out before it's even announced they dont have to book amazing acts to sell tickets. Lewis is making a fortune here my god

Lewis must live here or something at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Non-Irish news: Guns n Roses cancelled their Costa Rica show due to the virus so their not shy of cancelling shows. Yeah like the level of cancellations will be unprecedented even events like Glastonbury will have to be seriously re-considered if this gets any worse. I wouldnt have any sense of confidence booking for a show now knowing it might not happen

Except it wasn't actually GN'R themselves who cancelled it.
    On Monday, Costa Rican president Carlos Alvarado said at a press conference that mass gathering events in the country are being suspended for at least two weeks and until further notice. These include concerts, topes (horse parades) and regional festivals.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-costa-rica-concert-canceled-over-coronavirus-concerns/

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Grotesque line-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

That line-up is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That is a really underwhelming line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-postpone-their-uk-ireland-tour/

Not a surprise. Praying that June gigs and July gigs can be saved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MCD postponing all affected events until the 29th of March

https://mcd.ie/covid-19-statement/

Hopefully this helps and events from april onward are saved

Disappointing but very understandable.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully this helps and events from april onward are saved

Disappointing but very understandable.

I seriously doubt it tbh its only really just begun. The euro championships are being cancelled as well which fall at the same time as the gigs so theyll more than likely be cancelled its for the best I suppose but equally very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agreed. This period will roll until under control. Less panic if you say two weeks and then roll that out as required than say four or six off the bat. People would freak out.

More gigs will unfortunately fall outside of a miraculous containment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The euro champiobships are being cancelled as well

Thats speculation at this stage.

Wait and see I suppose

Duran Duran
    My Chemical Romance
    Green Day

My gigs and then Genesis in Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Enough reputables reporting it now, I think it can be taken as a given.

• Advertisement

No uefa have called a meeting to suspend all the tournaments from the champions league to the euro championships and move them back to 2021. The amount of revenue that will be lost cause of this is really going to effect the economy. As much as we love our gigs this is for the best like theyll be rescheduled anyway once this virus has calmed down. Having bought tickets to ricky gervais in May i feel a bit of a fool cause i can see that getting cancelled down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Having bought tickets to ricky gervais in May i feel a bit of a fool cause i can see that getting cancelled down the road.

That gig will get rescheduled if affected so nothing foolish about it. Comedians are loathe to cancel tours and are relatively inexpensive to tour. Outside of Peter Kay, I've never seen a comedian not reschedule.

I wouldnt be confident of any events happening before June going ahead tbh..

Eod100 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be confident of any events happening before June going ahead tbh..

Few reschedules for June so there hoping it will be passed over by then

Cant predict anything but its doom and gloom everywhere. This is excitingly nerve racking

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Few reschedules for June so there hoping it will be passed over by then

Cant predict anything but its doom and gloom everywhere. This is excitingly nerve racking

I think its predicted to reach peak in June so I think that may be a bit optimistic. Sorry not trying to be doom and gloom, just realistic. I was looking forward to Bon Iver in May and the National in June and would be doubtful of them still going ahead at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think its predicted to reach peak in June so I think that may be a bit optimistic. Sorry not trying to be doom and gloom, just realistic. I was looking forward to Bon Iver in May and the National in June and would be doubtful of them still going ahead at this point.

Predicted peak in the UK is 10 to 14 weeks from today so if we say 12 weeks that would bring us to the start of June. However an early summer might help rid it sooner.

corm500 wrote: »
    Predicted peak in the UK is 10 to 14 weeks from today so if we say 12 weeks that would bring us to the start of June. However an early summer might help rid it sooner.

Hopefully so! Need any bit of luck to fight this horrible virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Anyone have any update on the Pussycat dolls? They're scheduled to play on April 5th.. anyone reckon it will still go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Anyone have any update on the Pussycat dolls? They're scheduled to play on April 5th.. anyone reckon it will still go ahead?

I am not a pessimist, but if I am to believe what I am reading, then April 5th would be when things are pretty bad, hopefully subsiding (unless everyone starts self quarantining now).
    I wouldn't expect it to go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have David Gray tickets early April. Not a hope it’s happening IMO

Advertisement