Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,063 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guidelines expected to be issued tomorrow on mass gatherings according to Harris.

Cancel everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Nervous about cancellations
    Cancel everything

So, you're concerned about cancellations, and then you seem to be endorsing them?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

Teenage Fanclub playing Belfast and Dublin in November in support of new album "Endless Arcade", which comes out in October:

https://www.teenagefanclub.com/news

Wonderful news...with the obvious reservation that there's no Gerry Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mrk75 wrote: »
    Teenage Fanclub playing Belfast and Dublin in November in support of new album "Endless Arcade", which comes out in October:

https://www.teenagefanclub.com/news

Wonderful news...with the obvious reservation that there's no Gerry Love.

they've replaced him with Euros Childs (ex Gorkys) so not all bad news. If you haven't heard it I recommend the album Euros and Norman Blake did together - it's very lightweight but fun:

https://open.spotify.com/album/74AphSSm0qaxDwr8DmWSh3?si=eQJwjoqdS_eHgf6cFMHo5w

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Guidelines expected to be issued tomorrow on mass gatherings according to Harris.

Sounds like it's gonna be guidelines for now. LEaving things up to the organisers to do as they see fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

loyatemu wrote: »
    they've replaced him with Euros Childs (ex Gorkys) so not all bad news. If you haven't heard it I recommend the album Euros and Norman Blake did together - it's very lightweight but fun:

https://open.spotify.com/album/74AphSSm0qaxDwr8DmWSh3?si=eQJwjoqdS_eHgf6cFMHo5w

Yeah, a decent album alright. Gerry still a big miss, though. A whole host of great tunes that we won't hear but hey ho...

So, you're concerned about cancellations, and then you seem to be endorsing them?

I was only making a joke about how are 'alarmist' government could panic and cancel everything

No way do I want any cancellations

Genesis reunion been announced tomorrow

Wonder will they play here

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Genesis reunion been announced tomorrow

Wonder will they play here

Which Genesis?
    Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins?

Ben Done wrote: »
    Which Genesis?
    Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins?

Phil Collins version its looks like

https://www.nme.com/news/music/a-massive-band-is-reuniting-in-the-morning-could-it-be-genesis-2619905

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ben Done wrote: »
    Ah, you're grand, thanks.

Are you sure??

3 Arena, November 13th.

Poorside wrote: »
    Are you sure??

3 Arena, November 13th.

Fairly sure I've no heed in Phil Collins ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Was trying to buy tickets to Ricky Gervais got to the verify my card and it scammed me out of them , Have ticketmaster a new system for cookies cause it said there was an error processing my cookie on my browser and booted me out to the main page and ive to go through the hassle of trying to get them on friday anyone else encounter this problem at all recently. Anyone manage to get the MCD pre-sale for him by any chance it came up as an option but there was no mention on of it on any of MCD's forums

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Poorside wrote: »
    Are you sure??

3 Arena, November 13th.

77 to 207 euro ,thanks but no thanks .

Will Phil be sitting down for the whole gig like on his solo tour ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Was trying to buy tickets to Ricky Gervais got to the verify my card and it scammed me out of them , Have ticketmaster a new system for cookies cause it said there was an error processing my cookie on my browser and booted me out to the main page and ive to go through the hassle of trying to get them on friday anyone else encounter this problem at all recently. Anyone manage to get the MCD pre-sale for him by any chance it came up as an option but there was no mention on of it on any of MCD's forums

I managed to the get the 3 presale this morning. I noticed it took forever to verify my card. It was Ulster Bank. Were you incognito or using revolut?

antodeco wrote: »
    I managed to the get the 3 presale this morning. I noticed it took forever to verify my card. It was Ulster Bank. Were you incognito or using revolut?

I had adblock on by mistake and i think thats what did it i turned it off an after 10 minutes of searching i got them in the end was my own fault but yeah when i verfied it again it took longer than usual prices were very reasonable in fairness

Zardoz wrote: »

Might try for the cheap tickets but **** me €207, suppose they need the retirement money

Dont knw much about them but they do have a few classics. How come peter gabriel wont join them this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Might try for the cheap tickets but **** me €207, suppose they need the retirement money

Dont knw much about them but they do have a few classics. How come peter gabriel wont join them this time ?

Peter Gabriel hasn't been in the band since 1975.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Peter Gabriel hasn't been in the band since 1975.

As i said no very little about the bands history

Prices are mental

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

From what I saw elsewhere, there'll be a second night too on the 17th. Would imagine itll only be announced when/if first show sells out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Prices are mental

Prices are too high and Phil Collins sits for most of the gig due to back and nerve issues.
    I think they are best remembered from earlier performances ,it would suly my memories seeing poor Phil now.
    Similar to Brian Wilson whom I saw a few years back ,the man should not be performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I had adblock on by mistake and i think thats what did it i turned it off an after 10 minutes of searching i got them in the end was my own fault but yeah when i verfied it again it took longer than usual prices were very reasonable in fairness

I had the same issue on my phone which I've never had before, both for Verified by Visa and Mastercard as I tried twice.

First 3Arena gig I've ever seen where the claim that "Tickets are from €45" meant that all tickets were €45. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Zardoz wrote: »

€207 .... ha ha .... good luck with that.

Sorry i tried copying the link i got from the messenger bot but it just seemed to present you with the wrong page ,cheers for putting up the right one for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭fafy

RayCon wrote: »
    €207 .... ha ha .... good luck with that.

Where are these Genesis Ticket prices shown, tried MCD & TM, no sign as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Prices are mental

Fair enough yeah totally different band. Like compare I Cant Dance to this!

• Advertisement

Genesis presale link: http://click.mcdproductions.co/?qs=63b5a53ce317970b2b46655c24fef5882b6a7540fe2d567e692e20c08ce4acc5080891131cf3ee6a05a54378fe3ef61c1406f47b06b2058a

Nial Horan Presale link: http://click.mcdproductions.co/?qs=63b5a53ce317970b88cd1d9dc69d37df14599562c132575d3f9d2d043aceb4290f54a90979209357fc26f16cf8ab2e7700b0be5848600305

Genesis is 9am friday
    Niall Horan 9am tomorrow

Anyone know what the story is with Kings of Leon presale theres supposed to be one tomorrow but no where to sogn up for it i suppose itll be sent midday tomorrow like what happened with ricky Gervais

Advertisement