Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have David Gray tickets early April. Not a hope it’s happening IMO

Same
    Have Ian brown tickets as well, and the frames, if I see 1 I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Have David Gray tickets early April. Not a hope it’s happening IMO

Same. Outside of a miraculous amount of self isolation, this will indeed trundle into April.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Anyone have any update on the Pussycat dolls? They're scheduled to play on April 5th.. anyone reckon it will still go ahead?

I suppose theres an upside to this pandemic....

:P:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

April as a whole will be wiped out. More than likely all of May too, by rights, so we avoid a second bout of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just got the email from Ticketmaster about postponed and cancelled events. No mention of Peppa Pig in the Olympia! Obviously it's either cancelled or postponed but it just seems to be gone from the website and not mentioned in their email. Any other events like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

budgemook wrote: »
    Just got the email from Ticketmaster about postponed and cancelled events. No mention of Peppa Pig in the Olympia! Obviously it's either cancelled or postponed but it just seems to be gone from the website and not mentioned in their email. Any other events like that?

Peppa Pig has died of the Coronavirus unfortunately.

RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The new updated Ticketmaster app has the Virus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Peppa vulnerable to the swine flu. Passed fit on the Corona virus front.

It's okay everyone. Looks like it has been rescheduled to December 14th 2022. Unfortunately that's a Wednesday which won't suit. Would anyone like to buy my tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's okay everyone. Looks like it has been rescheduled to December 14th 2022. Unfortunately that's a Wednesday which won't suit. Would anyone like to buy my tickets?

You can get a refund if date doesn't suit

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    You can get a refund if date doesn't suit

:)

Ah yeah, I'd nearly say it was an automated thing. 2 years and 9 months is some delay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It has cost me around £300 as i had planned to see 2 concerts in London in 2 days, Avril Lavigne and Evanescence on 6th/7th April. One has been cancelled which means I will have to go over twice. Evanescence hasn't even announced a cancellation yet so I don't know if I should buy flights for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It has cost me around £300 as i had planned to see 2 concerts in London in 2 days, Avril Lavigne and Evanescence on 6th/7th April. One has been cancelled which means I will have to go over twice. Evanescence hasn't even announced a cancellation yet so I don't know if I should buy flights for that.

15 minutes ago on Twitter. You aren't going anywhere.

https://twitter.com/evanescence/status/1238495327994269696

ETAE7wWXkAAGwGt?format=jpg&name=small

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I was lucky I didn't book hotels yet but I lose out on £300 in the end due to having to go twice now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

:)

Ah yeah, I'd nearly say it was an automated thing. 2 years and 9 months is some delay!

I missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id very much welcome some rescheduled dates for July/August of some of the shows im attending

in these boring and unpredicable times its time to reflect on past gigs you attended. Some great ones through the years ive attended all over Ireland and the UK

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id very much welcome some rescheduled dates for July/August of some of the shows im attending

in these boring and unpredicable times its time to reflect on past gigs you attended. Some great ones through the years ive attended all over Ireland and the UK

They'll be rescheduled when their rescheduled, don't be putting a timetable on it, and getting your own hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was lucky I didn't book hotels yet but I lose out on £300 in the end due to having to go twice now

Aer Lingus and Ryanair have waived change fees for changing flights so if you booked with them, you might be able to move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

People are fcuking dying ...Its a pandemic, not a fcuking power cut !!

Honest to god ……. :confused::rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Safe to say Ozzy won't be touring for the planned Autumn Euro leg of the tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Safe to say Ozzy won't be touring for the planned Autumn Euro leg of the tour

Im fairly confident he’d be immune to a virus that originated from a bat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I wonder will it have a greater effect on gigs where US bands are due to tour Europe (Hella Mega etc.) rather than UK acts. All I have bought is Gerry Cinnamon for cork and Hella Mega, although Green day would be the act I'm mainly going to see and I saw them in Kilmainham so if that was postponed it wouldn't be the end of the world.

julyjane wrote: »
    I wonder will it have a greater effect on gigs where US bands are due to tour Europe (Hella Mega etc.) rather than UK acts. All I have bought is Gerry Cinnamon for cork and Hella Mega, although Green day would be the act I'm mainly going to see and I saw them in Kilmainham so if that was postponed it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It's really a wait and see approach for all summer gigs

The euro leg of hella mega tour proper is due to start june 13th in Paris and end here on the 29th. Green day doing a few solo dates up til then

https://hellamegatour.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Biffy Clyro delaying the sale of their upcoming shows to a later date due to current circumstances

Guns N' Roses, going by their photographer Kat Benzova's Instagram Stories have also put their current tour on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Guns N' Roses, going by their photographer Kat Benzova's Instagram Stories have also put their current tour on hold.

Yeah very reckless that they are going ahead with shows. Theyve actually changed their setlist a bit but havent played any hardschool yet (if you know you know). Judging by what Varadkar just said in that press conference all future gigs could be off as he said this will be going on for Months

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah very reckless that they are going ahead with shows. Theyve actually changed their setlist a bit but havent played any hardschool yet (if you know you know). Judging by what Varadkar just said in that press conference all future gigs could be off as he said this will be going on for Months

Hope that's not the case and life returns to a bit of normality sooner rather than later

A full lockdown lasting months would be the end of this country as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Ah c'mon. That's a touch over dramatic.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »

A bit but if this current situation lasts anymore than a few weeks than god knows what will happen.

• Advertisement

Duffy98 wrote: »

They played one show, then canned the rest for now. Least they didn't go any further. As for changing the setlist, not a lot's changed really, they played So Fine for the first time since '93..

Though it is nice seeing what's on the alts that could be played, I'm just over the whole shroud of secrecy shtick, or maybe the novelty of Slash and Duff has worn off. More excited for a new Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album.

Hope that's not the case and life returns to a bit of normality sooner rather than later

Penfailed wrote: »

Gotta agree with Pen,

Advertisement