Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Fancy Thunderoad in the 7:30, went close in this class couple of runs ago and had it marked for next time. Went up in class and still put in a good effort last time so back down to class 6 now I think will be hard beat. 11/4 with bet365 at the moment

Disappointing, much too keen early on, expected better.

As I’m here, Dalaman must have a chance in last at Hereford tomorrow. Bit of form coming out of that race last time out with 1st and 2nd winning since. However, drifting at the moment. 10/1 generally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Last 2 bets of the evening for me.

8pm Wolverhampton, Fearless Warrior. I don't think the horse will be in the first 2 places. I've layed it 2 places around even money. Just can't see it winning or being placed.

I think I'm losing my marbles, I forgot to post the other one.

8.15 Dundalk, Plum Perfect, around 11/10. From what I'm told, the last run was a prep, the win money is down tonight and I've had a nice win bet on it.

That's my lot until tomorrow.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I remember getting a tip from the owner of EMMA BEAG when she won a maiden hurdle in Sligo a few years ago.

She has won a couple of handicaps over 3 miles plus at Ayr and despite top weight has a great chance again in the 4.15.

Is a very good price at 4/1 with PP.

MY TARGET is a similar price in the 5.05 at Wol and is also worth backing.

Gulliver 2.45 Wol if recovered from a recent trip to Doha and Glitter Queen 6.30 chelmsford added to the other pair to make up an ew lucky 15.

5 nice bets lined up for today.

1.35 Wolverhampton, Fox Power around 15/8 backed to win.

Apologies for so close to the off time I'll post the rest in good time, just very rushed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Some Detail in the 4:40 @ Hereford. His Warwick form last time out should be good enough to take this. Bits of 7/4 on the exchanges.

8pm Chelmsford., my best bet of day runs here and it's a lay bet. The horse is - Central City and I'm pretty sure it won't be in the first 3 places. I'm laying it not to be in the first 3 @ around 5/4. I feel very very strong about this.
    In the same race I've had a small few bob E.W on - Dreamboat Dave around 10/1 I know they expect a half decent run from it but my main big bet is Central City not to be placed.

8.30 Chelmsford, Sharney, around 2/1 backing to win.

Backing Windsor Cross in the 3.25 at Southwell tomorrow.

With Megan Nicholls on board this is a very strong bet.

Few really confident bets lined up for today.

2.10 Naas, Capuccimix, short enough at around 1/2 on the exchange but looks a cert. I've backed it to win.

2.20 Southwell, George Thomas, I don't think the horse will be in the first 2 places. Again I feel really strong about this. I'm laying it won't be in the first 2 places at around 13/8'ish. Just can't see it winning or being in the frame.

• Advertisement

Last bet for an hour or so. 2.30 Warwick, Litterale Ci, horse is around 4/5 and being honest I don't think it will win today. This is a lay bet for me and my best bet of the day.

In the same race I had a small few bob win on Ellens Way @ around 5/1 as I'm not really keen on the second fav either.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

4.10 Detached 7/1
    4.40 Label des obeaux 10/1
    4.50 enjoy dallan 7/1
    5.20 Castra vetera 11/10

Last few bets.

3.45 Naas, Entoucas, around 9/4. Backed to win

4.20 Naas, The Very Man, around 10/11, backed to win.

I backed both in singles and a double.

I'm done for the day.

Backing Windsor Cross in the 3.25 at Southwell tomorrow.

With Megan Nicholls on board this is a very strong bet.

Did not work out too well,the drift was a clue that today would not be the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Kempton 15:05- Takeonefortheteam 4/1
    Kempton 15:40- Sparkling Diamond 10/1
    Kempton 16:15- Badayel 11/2
    Kempton 16:50- Persian Sun 4/1

Like VICENZO MIO in the 2:35 @ Plumpton. Currently 3/1 on BF.

Few beauties lined up for today.

1.55 Kempton, the fav -Latent Heat is around even money and not value for it's price at all. I feel very strong the horse will not be winning today. Yes it will be placed in a bad race but I'm very confident it won't be winning. A very strong lay bet on the fav - Latent Heat. And it's my strongest bet in about a week.

3.10 Plumpton, Tambura, around 11/8'ish. This is another very strong lay bet for me. The horse did win this race a couple of years ago and I'm all for statistics but in this case with the weight it's carrying. A 100% lay bet for me. Just can't see it winning.

Not having much luck over the jumps of late would be an understatement, hope that bloody changes for Cheltenham.

Fancy one on the flat later though: Dark Scimitar in the 7:10 @ Wolverhampton (9/4 on BF).

Clocked a very nice time over C&D lto for a Class 5 race and only has two Gosden & Hannon newcomers to beat, which I feel would be have been much shorter in the betting if they were anything to write home about.

EDIT: Nope, luck with flat selections no better. Good luck with all your Cheltenham bets folks!

The 7.40 @ Wolverhampton is a horrible race on paper but looks a nice opportunity to take a few bob. The horse - Rocketeer is priced up around 7/1'ish but I looked at the race for a long time and I priced it up around 16 or 20/1. It's around 1/2 on the exchange not to be in the first 3 places and to me it's like getting money for free. I've tried to find ways for it to placed but I can't find any. Laying around 1/2 not to be in the first 3 places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    The 7.40 @ Wolverhampton is a horrible race on paper but looks a nice opportunity to take a few bob. The horse - Rocketeer is priced up around 7/1'ish but I looked at the race for a long time and I priced it up around 16 or 20/1. It's around 1/2 on the exchange not to be in the first 3 places and to me it's like getting money for free. I've tried to find ways for it to placed but I can't find any. Laying around 1/2 not to be in the first 3 places.

Won at 11/2

Cheltenham bets placed and a few with chances that caught my eye at the other meetings are,CAPLA SPIRIT and PUCHITA 3.05 AND 3.45 Southwell and FOXY FOREVER 6.15 Newcastle who last ran in a class 5 and won it 8 years ago,off 77 today and also won when last rated 75,getting on in years now but may still be able to beat this lot despite top weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Cheltenham bets placed and a few with chances that caught my eye at the other meetings are,CAPLA SPIRIT and PUCHITA 3.05 AND 3.45 Southwell and FOXY FOREVER 6.15 Newcastle who last ran in a class 5 and won it 8 years ago,off 77 today and also won when last rated 75,getting on in years now but may still be able to beat this lot despite top weight.

Always do the same, get the chel ones out of the way early and there is always something tasty elsewhere. Foxy forever I agree and Greengage in the 5.15.

Fancy Sharjah to place in the first four home in the Champion Hurdle @ 11/4 on BF currently, might go out a bit more.

Screenshot-20200310-145340-Chrome.jpg

3.45 Southwell, Puchita, around 7/4. I backed it to win and it's my best bet of the day.

AH Foxy you are a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Great shooting zimmer. Shame goat put the jinx on the trixie

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Nice one Zee !

I may be mistaken but i think i read some time ago that Charlie Byrnes is in line for a substantial bonus if THOSEDAYSAREGONE wins the Coral handicap at 2.50 at Cheltenham.

A good winner last time he has been raised 13 lbs for this.A lot of horses have been laid out for this, JP is mob handed and Mullins and Elliot have plenty of entries.

STRATUM may prove best of the Mullins runners but i have had a few quid ew on THOSEDAYSAREGONE in the knowledge that Byrnes has few peers when it comes to winning big handicaps, 14/1 is available and i will have a saver on Stratum.

PP are going 7 places.

For those who like a punt at a very big price i suggest a small ew on CHIC NAME in the Cross Country race at 4.10,the gelding ran well enough in this race two years ago when a six year old and has run well at Cheltenham on a few occasions.

He has a bit to find on ratings but this is not a normal race and certain horses like the x country course.

A little ew at the generally available 50/1 will give us a run for our money and CHIC NAME is in good form and ran well last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I may be mistaken but i think i read some time ago that Tony Martin is in line for a substantial bonus if THOSEDAYSAREGONE wins the Coral handicap at 2.50 at Cheltenham.

A good winner last time he has been raised 13 lbs for this.A lot of horses have been laid out for this, JP is mob handed and Mullins and Elliot have plenty of entries.

STRATUM may prove best of the Mullins runners but i have had a few quid ew on THOSEDAYSAREGONE in the knowledge that Martin has few peers when it comes to winning big handicaps, 14/1 is available and i will have a saver on Stratum.

PP are going 7 places.

Go the ZEE !..good info Dude ...will take it on board ..

Advertisement