Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

NO WORD looks a decent horse and is probably worth a bet in the 9.25 at Gulfstream,was very impressive first time out (form franked) and did not get the best of runs next time in a valuable race.

2/1 with 365 and 7/4 -13/8 with most layers can provide a bit of interest for punters tonight.
    Lost a small bet tonight as the horse was left with a bit too much to do or more likely he needs further.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

The first race at romme, 17.30. I've a couple of websites show the favourite to be 9. Grado bó.

Paddy Power has it 50 to 1.

Do what you want with that info, I can't say if the websites are accurate but they're rarely that far out...

The first race at romme, 17.30. I've a couple of websites show the favourite to be 9. Grado bó.

Paddy Power has it 50 to 1.

Do what you want with that info, I can't say if the websites are accurate but they're rarely that far out...

Not to be, drifted and went off 4th favourite at ten to 1 but didn't place.
    Coulda been good

Some good racing at Sha-Tin (Hong Kong in the morning. The 07.50 is a group 1 sprint where Aethero is a very hot fav.
    He won some good handicaps by going to the front early and burning off the opposition.

Was beaten into 3rd in a group 1 before being well beaten in a another group 1 last time when he seemed to put in a moody performance when not getting to the front.

If he gets to the front with an uncontested lead (unlikely) he will take all the beating but at a very short price is of no value.

I backed HOT KING PRAWN at 6/5 to beat Aethero in a match bet with PP.HOT KING PRAWN is very consistent and could well win the race but is also too skinny at 2s so the match bet is the value
    D B PIN always finishes well and at 33/1 with many bookmakers and is 25/28 with others and is worth a small ew.

The 09.00 is also a group 1 and at 33/1 with PP SOUTHERN LEGEND is a sporting bet as he has shown his best form for some time when beaten just half a length in a group 2 over c and d and a small ew bet wont break the bank.

Some good racing at Sha-Tin (Hong Kong in the morning. The 07.50 is a group 1 sprint where Aethero is a very hot fav.
    He won some good handicaps by going to the front early and burning off the opposition.

Was beaten into 3rd in a group 1 before being well beaten in a another group 1 last time when he seemed to put in a moody performance when not getting to the front.

If he gets to the front with an uncontested lead (unlikely) he will take all the beating but at a very short price is of no value.

I backed HOT KING PRAWN at 6/5 to beat Aethero in a match bet with PP.HOT KING PRAWN is very consistent and could well win the race but is also too skinny at 2s so the match bet is the value
    D B PIN always finishes well and at 33/1 with many bookmakers and is 25/28 with others and is worth a small ew.

The 09.00 is also a group 1 and at 33/1 with PP SOUTHERN LEGEND is a sporting bet as he has shown his best form for some time when beaten just half a length in a group 2 over c and d and a small ew bet wont break the bank.

Got a few quid while i slept,main bet (match bet landed easily) and SOUTHERN LEGEND was a real legend, landing my fiver ew at 33/1,pic posted on the aftertiming thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Got a few quid while i slept,main bet (match bet landed easily) and SOUTHERN LEGEND was a real legend, landing my fiver ew at 33/1,pic posted on the aftertiming thread.

Nice result Zimmer, well done - always good to see your posts and had plenty of wins

Can you confirm Southern Island wasn't on your very initial post?

Reason i ask, is that i had the match bet and went to sleep and don't recall seeing it - might have had one too many before i fell asleep though!

Either way, well done on your win

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cheekpieces

26th Apr GULFSTREAM 17:55 EVENT 0m 5f 0y
    1. Earth - Win
    4/1
    -- -- Open

26th Apr GULFSTREAM 18:24 EVENT 0m 6f 0y
    2. Chinomadito - Win
    8/1
    -- -- Open

26th Apr GULFSTREAM 18:53 EVENT 0m 6f 0y
    3. Above Par - Win
    15/2
    -- -- Open

26th Apr GULFSTREAM 19:53 EVENT 0m 6f 0y
    3. Independent Miss - Win
    11/1

abarkie wrote: »
    Nice result Zimmer, well done - always good to see your posts and had plenty of wins

Can you confirm Southern Island wasn't on your very initial post?

Reason i ask, is that i had the match bet and went to sleep and don't recall seeing it - might have had one too many before i fell asleep though!

Either way, well done on your win

Southern Legend was added at around 12.45 when i had studied the 09.00 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Virtual racing. But real profits

is it safe ? is it fixed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

8.01 Tampa, Flan. Around 7/2 on the exchange and I've/I am still backing the horse. I'm not keen on the other 2 close in the betting. I've also backed fran to be placed around 4/6. I feel the place is guarenteed and hopefully will win.

• Advertisement

Racing is back at Longchamp on monday with 4 group races on the card,getting winners might not be easy though as we only have last years form to go on and we do not know which yards are in form.

Some nice horses on show and the race that interests me is the 11.55 a group 3 for 3 year olds over a mile,the unbeaten Victor Ludorem heads the market and looks a very useful colt for Godolphin but is a best priced 4/6 and is an even worse price with most uk books.

He may well win but is worth opposing with HELTER SKELTOR who was 5th behind him lto. HELTER SKELTOR was held up in last that day well off the pace but finished best of all not beaten too far and only just behind Ecrivain (4th).

HELTERS style of running means he will need gaps to open,but with a reasonable pace on he may be able to cut these down in the final furlong. At around 6/1 is an ew bet to beat the hot fav and if the pace is strong he may be good enough.

The 1.05 at Longchamp and once again we have an odds on fav in Sottass who was placed in the "arc" and won the french derby and has earned the odds on quote,however the is a filly in the race that i believe we have not seen the best of yet.

SOUDANIA was 4th in a group 2 at the end of the season,fading a little on the heavy ground which may not have suited her and she might be better over the furlong shorter tomorrow.

She was very impressive beating Queen in a group 3 before that and Queen had been a good 2nd in a group 3 at Newmarket so the form is solid.

It is still a big ask for SOUDANIA to beat Sottass but she gets 6 lbs and Sottass is dropping back to 10 furlongs so an ew bet at 14/1 most books and 16/1 in places is suggested and i will be backing SOUDANIA without the fav.

The 1.05 at Longchamp and once again we have an odds on fav in Sottass who was placed in the "arc" and won the french derby and has earned the odds on quote,however the is a filly in the race that i believe we have not seen the best of yet.

SOUDANIA was 4th in a group 2 at the end of the season,fading a little on the heavy ground which may not have suited her and she might be better over the furlong shorter tomorrow.

She was very impressive beating Queen in a group 3 before that and Queen had been a good 2nd in a group 3 at Newmarket so the form is solid.

It is still a big ask for SOUDANIA to beat Sottass but she gets 6 lbs and Sottass is dropping back to 10 furlongs so an ew bet at 14/1 most books and 16/1 in places is suggested and i will be backing SOUDANIA without the fav.

Any thoughts on the 2.05, pp doing a money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th....

Any thoughts on the 2.05, pp doing a money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th....

Will have a look at it and if i can see anything worthwhile i will post it.

Had a bit of a look but its impossible to get a handle on it,Lads and Corals go 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Backing loona spigao in that at 6s.

Seems to go well on soft ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I fancy Helter Skelter at them odds to turn over Victor Ludorum

Backing loona spigao in that at 6s.

Seems to go well on soft ground

That's moved into favourite position now which is nice. Fingers crossed

That's moved into favourite position now which is nice. Fingers crossed

Now that I look, its more that others have moved out, rather than it moving anywhere.... Still...

Backed two losers today,the favs got turned over as i hoped but my fancies were not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

It's been awhile since I had a bit of proper 'info' due to China but in the next the 7.15 @ Will Rogers, the fav - Wolowitz is around 10/11 and quite short but I'm told it will scoot in. Connections are backing tonight. I'm still backing the horse now. This is solid info.

Might be my only bet until the Irish racing comes back, we will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Boooom. Thanks for that , winner winner chicken dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

Tampa Bay
    8.11 checotah 7/1
    9.15 game day drama 13/2

If anyone is still awake i fancy 4 horses in Hong Kong,

5.30 i expect SUNNY STAR to give weight to all and the extra furlong will suit,very impressive lto.
    6.oc ARMOR STAR can give Zac Purton a winner in his battle with Moreira for the championship,got into all sorts of trouble last time but still ran very well in 4th up a furlong now and is very good value at 4s.

7 oc THANKS FOREVER can provide Purton with a quick double at around 5/4.

10.15 BEAUTY SMILE 11/4 can get one back for Moreiro.

I hope to wake up to some good news from Sha-Tin,did an ew yankee and an ew single on ARMOR STAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If anyone is still awake i fancy 4 horses in Hong Kong,

5.30 i expect SUNNY STAR to give weight to all and the extra furlong will suit,very impressive lto.
    6.oc ARMOR STAR can give Zac Purton a winner in his battle with Moreira for the championship,got into all sorts of trouble last time but still ran very well in 4th up a furlong now and is very good value at 4s.

7 oc THANKS FOREVER can provide Purton with a quick double at around 5/4.

10.15 BEAUTY SMILE 11/4 can get one back for Moreiro.

I hope to wake up to some good news from Sha-Tin,did an ew yankee and an ew single on ARMOR STAR.

Sunny star 7th

Armor star wins @ 10/1

Thanks forever wins @ 5/4

Beauty smile lost

Got a few bob with 2 winners at Sha-Tin and am backing a couple as we warm up for a return to the flat soon enough.

HIDDEN SPIRIT never looks like winning until the last 50 yards when he really runs on strongly,has won his last 2 by the narrowest of margins and should be suited by the extra furlong.

Has a good man (Neil Callan) on board and can win the 12.15 at around 10/3 when he comes with a strong run late on.

One that i saw win at Tipperary in a listed race last year turns up for the 3.15 at Sha-Tin,STRIVE FOR GLORY was trained by Robert Cowell in the UK then and is now trained in Hong Kong,the horse also ran well in a group 2 at Ascot finishing 4th and looks to have a bright future.

I have no idea if he is ready to do his best having his first run for almost a year but at the odds (around 10s) i will take a chance.STRIVE FOR GLORY is versatile and has won on the AW and the lightly raced colt will go well if ready at an ew price.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Got a few bob with 2 winners at Sha-Tin and am backing a couple as we warm up for a return to the flat soon enough.

HIDDEN SPIRIT never looks like winning until the last 50 yards when he really runs on strongly,has won his last 2 by the narrowest of margins and should be suited by the extra furlong.

Has a good man (Neil Callan) on board and can win the 12.15 at around 10/3 when he comes with a strong run late on.

One that i saw win at Tipperary in a listed race last year turns up for the 3.15 at Sha-Tin,STRIVE FOR GLORY was trained by Robert Cowell in the UK then and is now trained in Hong Kong,the horse also ran well in a group 2 at Ascot finishing 4th and looks to have a bright future.

I have no idea if he is ready to do his best having his first run for almost a year but at the odds (around 10s) i will take a chance.STRIVE FOR GLORY is versatile and has won on the AW and the lightly raced colt will go rwell if ready at an ew price.

Hidden Spirit won @12/1. Great pick.
    I didn't see your post until after though so missed out.

I give NOCHERRYLIKEMYCHERRY a bit of a chance in the 8.30 at Santa Anita,25/1 with PP but as only seven runners i backed it ew without the fav at 18/1 for small money.

I give NOCHERRYLIKEMYCHERRY a bit of a chance in the 8.30 at Santa Anita,25/1 with PP but as only seven runners i backed it ew without the fav at 18/1 for small money.

Got the place money,i had the opportunity to back it without the winner with PP but i only backed it ew without the fav,but a profit is ok.

Three to back tonight while draining a few beers that i hope will give a return.

Santa Anita 10.35 BRIX is well down in trip,which will suit and should go well at around 3/1.

Santa Anita 11.37 PARKOUR did it well from the front last time and if given an easy lead again tonight might no be coming back to them 9/2.

Santa Anita 12.38 CAPITAL CALL stayed on really well last time and at 7/1 has a decent ew chance.
    An ew trixie and a couple of single ew bets if the first one is beaten.

Had a bit of fun,got the best odds on all horses i backed,1 winner and 2 placed from 4 selections,the winner was 3s when i posted 1 was second and was 33s when i posted,one unplaced but was also well backed and the last one was also well backed,was last for most of the way and finished on the bridle in 3rd.Capital Call was its name and sure to win.

• Advertisement

FRENCH KING looks worth a bet in the 4.oc at Deauville,a multiple group winner last year inc a group 2 at Doncaster. 3/1 PP

Advertisement