Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

begbysback wrote: »
    Lads, if you were going to pay for quality cheltenham tips, who would you go to?

PM me , a tenner a tip. I accept cash or cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Lads, if you were going to pay for quality cheltenham tips, who would you go to?

A doctor .

You’d be nuts to pay anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Flying Angel not in the Ultima despite a good run last year. Maybe Kim Muir bound off 144 and definitely a big price if so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    PM me , a tenner a tip. I accept cash or cheque.

Lol you’ve already posted them for free!!

MaxBet wrote: »
    A doctor .

You’d be nuts to pay anyone

Haven’t looked at horse form in years so I’d need a doctor if I tried picking them myself, surely there’s a reputable source out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

Haven’t looked at horse form in years so I’d need a doctor if I tried picking them myself, surely there’s a reputable source out there?
    Theres a lad on twitter called Kris , his tips are free and he knows his stuff, usually go with him if I dont have time to study a big meeting or race

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

There’s any amount of free tips flying around , just don’t go paying anyone .

Even Hugh Taylor’s prices will stand up a bit better at Cheltenham , then you’ve got the likes of Andy Holding on Oddschecker or that Value lad on Sporting Life , Gary O’Brien ....

Even if you kept an eye on here you’d find a winner or two ......

Probably ....

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Basically it's a lottery cause all horses are trying so don't get caught up following tipsters. Have a bit of craic and jump on a couple of the so-called "bankers" cause the media will be hyping them up all day and it really gets the juices flowing when your horse is repeatedly mentioned. Just remember if you back Paisley Park and you see the jockey pushing him along after halfway, he's only warming him up. :)

Seriously though if you want a form guide then look for horses that have course form or preferably course and distance form (indicated by "c" and "d") on the racecard. Time and time again you see this stat repeated. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone going to the moyvalley preview tonight?

should be a bit of craic

Lol you’ve already posted them for free!!

Ruby Walsh said to back Benie Des Dieux. I trust him. He is really polite to everyone and I like his smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ruby Walsh said to back Benie Des Dieux. I trust him. He is really polite to everyone and I like his smile.

:D:D

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Basically it's a lottery cause all horses are trying so don't get caught up following tipsters. Have a bit of craic and jump on a couple of the so-called "bankers" cause the media will be hyping them up all day and it really gets the juices flowing when your horse is repeatedly mentioned. Just remember if you back Paisley Park and you see the jockey pushing him along after halfway, he's only warming him up. :)

Seriously though if you want a form guide then look for horses that have course form or preferably course and distance form (indicated by "c" and "d") on the racecard. Time and time again you see this stat repeated. GL

Yea, I would disagree with the lottery part, given that all horses would be prepared for the festival and jockeys would be giving it everything. It’s a lottery backing horses and hoping the trainer doesn’t decide to take it easy on the horse, I mean it’s fairly pointless sending a horse to cheltenham and not try, so that element is removed. Ok your selection is generally up against quality but that’s where good horses have some value in the price.

I used to subscribe to a tipster, can’t remember the name, usually football and golf, the football tips were average, but the golf was great, many winners, the write ups were very detailed down to the grass type etc. they stopped charging when they lost their main golf guy and just gave free tips then.

It used to be laughable to me that people would pay for tips, but in my experience there are people out there who put a lot of time and effort into selections, I’m more of a poker degenerate these days so I don’t really have the time to study form, and I don’t mind paying a little for their expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I enjoy listening to John Duggan’s charity bets on Newstalk/Today FM. I prefer to make my own selections but I would usually read his on the day and see what line he’s taking, for the handicaps particularly. He tipped up Al Bloum Photo for the Gold Cup last season but just about broke even for the week as a whole if memory serves me correct.

Does anyone think a plus tard won’t win? I think he’s still value at 9/4 and at that price is probably one of my best bets of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Croll wrote: »
    Does anyone think a plus tard won’t win? I think he’s still value at 9/4 and at that price is probably one of my best bets of the week

I think Min will be backed off the boards and finally get his Cheltenham win.
    APTs got more questions than answers for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Min-APT-Frodon tricast the surest thing all week!

I think Min will be backed off the boards and finally get his Cheltenham win.
    APTs got more questions than answers for me at the moment.

Hopefully so I can get a better price on APT, course and distance winner which counts for so much here , what questions has he to answer?

Hopefully so I can get a better price on APT, course and distance winner which counts for so much here , what questions has he to answer?

I'd start with 1 G1 v 5 G1s then work my way down.

I'd start with 1 G1 v 5 G1s then work my way down.

Or you could go with the 1/1 at Cheltenham vs the 0/3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

APT won a handicap while was Min was 2nd twice to one of the greatest chasers of all time, lets get perspective here

• Advertisement

A novice 0-145 handicap is about the very bottom of the Cheltenham Barrel. Wouldn't say it's unrealistic to think APT can win this Ryanair but I would question his price. He still has so much to prove realistically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I like A Plus Tard myself. But he is technically not a course and distance winner.

Or you could go with the 1/1 at Cheltenham vs the 0/3 ?

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

People had mentioned Sempo for the Coral Cup but Joseph has said he more likely goes to the Albert Bartlett.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Looking to get involved in the specials markets - how do people think Gigginstown will fair? They had one winner last year, 7 in 2018. This year they don’t look immensely strong imho

APT won a handicap while was Min was 2nd twice to one of the greatest chasers of all time, lets get perspective here

5th most recently, 2nd Ahead of 4/5 other weak challengers isn’t something to shout about either , for example the only single figure horse he beat in 3 runs at Cheltenham was douvan who fell that day , not like he ever got that close to altior either
    Fair enough with APT wasnt course and distance because it was old course but festival and distance still counts for a bit.
    That’s just my opinion anyways not saying I’m right or that ye are wrong

I think that if Politologue goes in the Ryanair he would be a danger to all. It looks like they haven't pulled the trigger on him this year and he gave Altior a fright in last years Queen Mother. He has won a Tingle Creek and a Melling, that is 2 grade 1's, if he was anything around 20/1 I would have a few fivers each way.

Tough enough to split Min and A Plus Tard all things considered and throw in Riders on the Storm( may have had his day the last time), and you're head scratching.

I see Nicky Henderson has no Triumph entry so I checked his 4 years olds and Palladium is 12/1 generally for the Fred Winter. 73 rated on the flat, not massive but won it's last 2 races by 10 and 11 lengths, I like that. Paddy Power are 5 places already and with no Triumph horse(remarkably) I think has to have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Frodon coming into this under the radar a bit. Has course and distance form and could take a bit of catching imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

jj mac wrote: »
    Frodon coming into this under the radar a bit. Has course and distance form and could take a bit of catching imo

It would be unbearable if he won tho

• Advertisement

What is the point of 6day Decs when undecideds can still remain undecided, like Honeysuckle staying in the mares and champion?

Is it so that it cost money to keep them in at this stage? Therefore incentivise trainers/owners to pull horses earlier? I don't see a point of it when final Decs happen a few days later anyway

Advertisement