Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any news on Ruane, Doherty or Cillian?

Saw a video on social media of Cillian practicing frees in McHale park a few days ago.

Doc is a long way off yet
    Ruane start of May I think
    Cillian prob be on bench Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any news on Ruane, Doherty or Cillian?

Saw a video on social media of Cillian practicing frees in McHale park a few days ago.

Cillian may be back Saturday night. Check out this week's Mayo News Podcast.

Very close.

Matthew Ruane is unlikely to be back post surgery until the championship.

Doc rehabbing well.Unsure re a timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Well lads. First visit to Castlebar this Saturday. What pubs are near the stadium and any recommendations for a few pints of Guinness in town after?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

dobman88 wrote: »
    Well lads. First visit to Castlebar this Saturday. What pubs are near the stadium and any recommendations for a few pints of Guinness in town after?
    McHale park not too long a walk from the centre of town, so pretty free on the choice for pre match scoops. Hog's Heaven beside the cinema probably the closest if you want to stay close pre match.

Been a while since I drank Guinness in town. I'd imagine Johnny McHale's would still do a decent pint, but I'm open to correction there. One of the longer standing pubs in town, so probably worth a visit for that alone. Close to Linnenhall Street, so easy enough to swing into plenty of other options after to find a good fit if needed.

Cead mile failte romhat.:)

Johnny Mc Hale's reportedly has the finest pint of guinness in the town.Not a partaker of that particular poison myself.:)

Mick Byrnes pub is the well known gaaaaaah pub in the town if you wish to be regaled with stories of heroic deeds on the football field.

Some of our finest gaelic football scribes including the legendary Sean Rice pass through.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Tis only myself and brother travelling for the night so those pubs sound ideal for a pint and a chat. Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭PressRun

Have to second Johnny McHale's for a pint. It's a nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭HBC08

Thanks lads. Tis only myself and brother travelling for the night so those pubs sound ideal for a pint and a chat. Thanks very much

Johnnys is a nice spot but head to Mick Byrnes for the GAA chat,he loves having fans from other counties in .Bridge St is certainly worth a visit and all those pubs mentioned are within 2 min walk of eachother.
    There's only Hogs beside the ground but as others have said the town centre is only 10 mins walk from MacHale Park.
    Enjoy yer trip to Cbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭muddle84

Johnny McHales is the best for Guinness in my opinion! Rocky's is a nice pub too and usually has music on, although I haven't been to Rocky's in a while!

Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There is a late bar called Cox's just down the street from Johnny McHale's.

Owned by one of your own crowd, well it was anyway, not sure if it still is.

• Advertisement

There is a late bar called Cox's just down the street from Johnny McHale's.

Owned by one of your own crowd, well it was anyway, not sure if it still is.

Hopefully I wont see a late bar. I've the best of intentions to get up Croagh Patrick on Sunday morning and scratch it off the list before heading home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Hopefully I wont see a late bar. I've the best of intentions to get up Croagh Patrick on Sunday morning and scratch it off the list before heading home :pac:

Intentions might be good, but I'd say the weather has other ideas this weekend, ya'll most likely not see the top of the reek!

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Intentions might be good, but I'd say the weather has other ideas this weekend, ya'll most likely not see the top of the reek!

Ah yeah, wouldnt be that silly to try it for my first time there unless its fairly decent. Thought the :pac: symbol covered that

Ah yeah, wouldnt be that silly to try it for my first time there unless its fairly decent. Thought the :pac: symbol covered that

As a truly unbiased Mayo man lol one has to climb this most iconic of natural wonders of the world at some point in time.

I passed it on my way home from work this evening and there is a nice covering of snow from the summit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

km79 wrote: »
    A decade of wonderful memories and road trips

Unfortunately, there is not a section for either of those in the record books though.

BandMember wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there is not a section for either of those in the record books though.

Double checks records books to make sure Connacht 5 in a row is still there
    Yep still there
    League title last year
    Yep still there

And then there is the underage successes
    Yep still there

Along with the memories , road trips and new friendships made

We are happy enough . Thanks for the concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭wetoutside19

km79 wrote: »
    We are happy enough

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Guys/Girls whats the story with Cian Hanley i know he was fairly rusty when he first came back but i would have expected him to be making the team by now. I heard he went to the US last summer but he doesnt seem to be involved this year? His own decision or not cutting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Tolsters is pretty close to the pitch, less than a 10 min walk. A good place for a pre match pint I think and on the more "natural way" of walking from main street to McHale Park I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭rrs

I see on gaa transfers.ie Ian Costello of Hollymount has transferred to a club in Cavan, Killygarry. Plays as a forward, what's he like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Guys/Girls whats the story with Cian Hanley i know he was fairly rusty when he first came back but i would have expected him to be making the team by now. I heard he went to the US last summer but he doesnt seem to be involved this year? His own decision or not cutting it?

Went to Australia earlier this week for a month's holiday I heard.

seligehgit wrote: »
    As a truly unbiased Mayo man lol one has to climb this most iconic of natural wonders of the world at some point in time.

I passed it on my way home from work this evening and there is a nice covering of snow from the summit down.

Seems I'll have to make another trip for this. Woukdnt fancy it this weekend if weather warnings are to be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Seems I'll have to make another trip for this. Woukdnt fancy it this weekend if weather warnings are to be believed

You'd be correct, not worth it in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The way things are looking this is gonna be played in a gale. Not exactly what we need.

Listened to James Horan interview on the Mayo News Podcast. Alot of talk of developing and growing. He is delighted with his back-room team, says they are a 'new level' . Fionn will be back soon and is pushing hard. Liam Irwin still involved. He has had alot of issues with hamstring injuries so they are getting him conditioned for inter-county life, good to hear. Gary Boylan has been released after bringing in 4 of the U-20's. Also mentioned that he is pretty confident Oisin Mullin will be with Mayo for the 2020 championship. Worrying news for Mayo beyond that I would have thought

The way things are looking this is gonna be played in a gale. Not exactly what we need.

Listened to James Horan interview on the Mayo News Podcast. Alot of talk of developing and growing. He is delighted with his back-room team, says they are a 'new level' . Fionn will be back soon and is pushing hard. Liam Irwin still involved. He has had alot of issues with hamstring injuries so they are getting him conditioned for inter-county life, good to hear. Gary Boylan has been released after bringing in 4 of the U-20's. Also mentioned that he is pretty confident Oisin Mullin will be with Mayo for the 2020 championship. Worrying news for Mayo beyond that I would have thought

I also found the Mullin comment worrrying

Given the state of our league form I expect to see mcdonagh on the bench this weekend

I see "Tim" is firing bundles of cash outta the pram in every direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I see "Tim" is firing bundles of cash outta the pram in every direction...

He has closed the foundation.
    Wonder did he send the 250k on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Big chance this game will be called off

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Big chance this game will be called off

Yeah I wonder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement