Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Because Twitter is so reliable

The amount of people in this thread scoffing at the media while taking stuff off twitter and youtube at face value is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Listen, we all know it’s going to be confirm in Ireland. There’s no doubt about it. The sooner the better I say. People will get over the initial shock and move on with their lives like the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

If I had the resources I would isolate for the next 12 months..somewhere remote .. a year of food and booze and the complete west wing box set.... grow a beard and go full Jack Nicolsan in the shining crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is Italy going full Wuhan?

If every other country were doing mass testing as they are I suspect it would be the same story everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Is Italy going full Wuhan?

It seems to be growing even faster than Wuhan. Almost 500 cases now in just a few days, Italy has 2 confirmed cases not even 5 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Sorry.

Can this poster share the link?:o

There’s a text message above. A short vid of someone suited up walking in the door of the hospital. Then two pictures taken of 2 or 3 people suited walking one person in with a face mask on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Listen, we all know it’s going to be confirm in Ireland. There’s no doubt about it. The sooner the better I say. People will get over the initial shock and move on with their lives like the rest of the world.

Yeah like they did in Wuhan :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Do we know if the teachers are self isolating at home for at least 14 days ?

What about the kids parents, relations, neighbours and friends, could they not be infected too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

My kids school just returned from Folgaria Italy. The teachers and pupils all in school, and told only to self isolate if feeling unwell. Fat lot of good that will do. They should at least be made wear masks in case.

The amount of people in this thread scoffing at the media while taking stuff off twitter and youtube at face value is staggering.

We'll! In fairness Jim if it wasn't for social media we wouldn't realise how bad it was in China until our orders on EBay didn't start arriving.

• Advertisement

Yeah like they did in Wuhan :rolleyes:

So Germany, France, Austria Switzerland and the UK have all stopped functioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

It suits some people’s agendas

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

If I had the resources I would isolate for the next 12 months..somewhere remote .. a year of food and booze and the complete west wing box set.... grow a beard and go full Jack Nicolsan in the shining crazy...

Was thinking this morning where would the best place in Ireland, Europe and the world be to hide from Coronavirus?

fritzelly wrote: »
    About 12 hours behind the rest of the world - whoever they have checking twitter isn't doing a good job

Hey! Don’t go leaving us if they offer you the job!

We'll! In fairness Jim if it wasn't for social media we wouldn't realise how bad it was in China until our orders on EBay didn't start arriving.

I don't personally believe that, but assuming it's true for the sake of simplicity it still doesn't follow that we should trust everything coming from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So Germany, France, Austria Switzerland and the UK have all stopped functioning?

Do any of those countries have the number of cases that China currently has, yet?

As you well know they are where Wuhan was in late December.

I don't personally believe that, but assuming it's true for the sake of simplicity it still doesn't follow that we should trust everything coming from there.

Where did I say we should?

In China?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

A teacher in my sons school returned to work today after being in Tenerife

Girl in work, her husband was in Northern Italy, he was sent home from work yesterday. She comes into work today laughing about it

I suppose thats me fuc$ed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

conor05 wrote: »
    Was thinking this morning where would the best place in Ireland, Europe and the world be to hide from Coronavirus?

Somewhere in the mountains...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I wonder is there any statistical mathematicians that could work out how many people the average person interacts with in the two weeks before symptoms show?
    Then multiply those interactions and so on.

Do any of those countries have the number of cases that China currently has, yet?

No. What’s your point.

Where did I say we should?

Fair enough, you didnt. It just seems a lot of people are far more willing to trust one over the other and it seems strange to me.

So was Vietnam and the other countries who had confirmed cases with 100% recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Grace's place :D:D:D Only kidding Grace.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Talking to a friend of mine who works in Dublin Airport today. He told me that there is little or nothing being done as a precaution against the virus. A plane landed direct from China yesterday, the passengers got off and walked around the airport, collected their bags and went onto their connecting flight to Heathrow. Apparently their bags had Heathrow on their tags. My friend asked why Dublin was not on their tags to which he was told that the flight was supposed to go direct to Heathrow but was not allowed so they diverted to Dublin and they are travelling from her to London. So the UK bans a direct flight from china but we have no problem letting it land here and its passengers walk around the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No. What’s your point.

So come back to us when they do and ask your question again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Inish meain, smallest of the three Aran islands or maybe Clare island Co Mayo.
    Populated but not many people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes. It just got seriously ****ed up this afternoon. I am ****ing furious that the game is cancelled. Political. Correctness. Gone. Mad. Taking high profile action, and hitting innocent rugby supporters, just to be seen to be doing something. We are still going to have 5000 Italian fans in Dublin, cramming into the pubs and restaurants, shops, and Guiness Storehouse. So thats all fine and dandy. But letting them into the open air stadium of Lansdowne Road is a health risk too far.
    Depressed is not the work. ****ing. ****ing Furious !

Totes bro. Me and the goys are devo. Oisin and Senan are totally talking about giving up completely on the rugger. I reckon it’s just cause they’re totes apoplectic at the mo. Cormac's dad flies with the highest level legal eagles and he’s poring over the statute books to see if he can force the game to go ahead, so keep the faith bro, we’ll be sending heino’s and having some of the finest horseplay the Aviva has ever seen before you know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement