Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tell that to the WHO - who haven't had a press briefing since Friday?

Deer in the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ireland surely has to have cases here - it's just incredulous that all those kids returning from infected areas plus other people and not one single case

Ireland strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I've been told by someone directly connected that one of the school kids in Bray is confirmed. Is in isolation now, apparently.

This was absolutely inevitable. Flights are still coming in from infected countries. Considering it can be days/weeks before symptoms even appear (if any), there's no reason the virus won't be widespread. I think the question is how much damage it will end up doing. That's the unknown for now.

When will it be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

wakka12 wrote: »
    What part of Italy were they in specifically?

Macaris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The brother's girlfriend works in tallaght hospital A&E..

She told us today that 7 people came in saying they may have coronavirus (most likely paranoid eejits)..told to get out of the hospital and back into the car. A doctor was said to have came out and swabbed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Club Italiano Irlande had their gala ball in ballsbridge last night. I wonder how many flew in for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

Drumpot wrote: »

Explanation of why its a Pandemic . .

Not sure I can trust a medical expert who doesnt believe in center channel audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Macaris

I actually looked that up on google maps....:o:o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Supercell wrote: »
    My wife just told me that she read on a Chinese Ireland board ( for Chinese in Ireland) that there has been a positive case in Bray today, don't see it anywhere else though. YMMV, hope that's BS as its very close to here ��
    People are picking up things from other social media sites that have little basis and turn them into full-scale outbreak. Scaremongering at it's best and very easily self-perpetuating

Best thing is to await a formal confirmation - the will not hold any such announcement back, as they know that to do so will just result in more conspiracies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I've been told by someone directly connected that one of the school kids in Bray is confirmed. Is in isolation now, apparently.

This was absolutely inevitable. Flights are still coming in from infected countries. Considering it can be days/weeks before symptoms even appear (if any), there's no reason the virus won't be widespread. I think the question is how much damage it will end up doing. That's the unknown for now.

Yes my dealer says his brother knows some fella in the hopo whos girlfriend is meant to have a sister who has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I'm supposed Spain are not reporting a lot more new cases, weren't they going to test everyone in the country hospitalized with pneumonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

It's been quite the revelation to see how much people put things such as holidays, sport, concerts etc - things they can have literally any time in the future - ahead of their health. It's like people need constant stimulation all the time. Another side to it is pure laziness and hunger for convenience in the west. Sigh...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Careful now.

The last poster who went down this road about 90 minutes a go was taken behind the back of a shed by the mods and given a hiding he'll never forget.

He hasn't been heard from since.
    Well there were one or two screams I heard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beasty wrote: »
    People are picking up things from other social media sites that have little basis and turn them into full-scale outbreak. Scaremongering at it's best and very easily self-perpetuating

Best thing is to await a formal confirmation - the will not hold any such announcement back, as they know that to do so will just result in more conspiracies
    You honestly think there will be any public service announcement at this hour, really?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Dont know where you would here that. That will probably take years.

A vaccine has been developed but will require clinical trials. If fast tracked could take 9-12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

ZX7R wrote: »
    I'm supposed Spain are not reporting a lot more new cases, weren't they going to test everyone in the country hospitalized with pneumonia.

*Checks weather in Spain*
    Oh ok maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Romania confirms first case

Meanwhile on Romanian TV

ayoZyLr_460s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Once it takes off here all the other countries will be saying shut flights from Ireland, the Irish are friggin everywhere. :):D:D:D:;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Macaris

Damnit...now I want chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭tommythecat

A vaccine has been developed but will require clinical trials. If fast tracked could take 9-12 months.

More like 2 years at best.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

There's a school up the road (mount Anville) here in D14 who had a year over in Italy skiing last week. I wonder what precautions they've taken or they realise how serious this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jackboy

fr336 wrote: »
    It's been quite the revelation to see how much people put things such as holidays, sport, concerts etc - things they can have literally any time in the future - ahead of their health. It's like people need constant stimulation all the time. Another side to it is pure laziness and hunger for convenience in the west. Sigh...

We had plenty doctors on the media in the last day saying that these things should not be stopped. Stopping activities will crash the economy which will crash the health system and have an even bigger impact on people’s health.

That’s the line being strongly pushed in the media anyway.

More like 2 years at best.

No, 9 to 12 months. The FDA will fast track it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tomato1

Heard from a friend who is a dispatcher in NEOC (HSE ambulance control) that they're inundated with calls and "possible cases" today.

All being told to stay at home and self isolate. Hospitals do not want them.

Haven't heard of anything confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Meanwhile on Romanian TV

ayoZyLr_460s.jpg

Rubberbandits have let themselves go a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Tomato1 wrote: »
    Heard from a friend who is a dispatcher in NEOC (HSE ambulance control) that they're inundated with calls and "possible cases" today.

All low posts counts with breaking news.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Hospitals are right. Just bring the serious cases in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We'll see, is it in the 9 O'clock news bulletin lads and lassies.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tomato1

All low posts counts with breaking news.:D
    It's not breaking news. I'm just saying they're getting a lot of 999 calls and calls from GP's etc saying such and such is back from holidays and has respiratory symptoms and a fever what do?

People are getting a bit panicky.

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t blame them. Can’t be dealing with every cough and sniffle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement