Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new coronavirus outbreak China, Korea, USA - mod warnings in OP (updated 24/02/20)

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ahh but according to mic these cases dont exist cus they aren't in the stats so theres no point in discussing them

they aren't in the stats does not equal they don't exist
    what's unclear about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

McGiver wrote: »
    Feckin HSE ****....no instruction to call helpline, saying that risk is "low", total complacency. "We will try to contact who is infected" - laughable. List of countries outdated, only mentions China.

Not a big fan, but compare with NHS! I'm sure they will put Italy on that list in few days. While HSE still have only China there.

The substance of the advice between the nhs and HSE is broadly the same (other than the detail in affected countries which is clearly more complete on nhs)I’m sure that when we have a case here, we will move to at least low-moderate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don't think anybody will go hungry but that's not the point, shopping in this situation is stressful

https://twitter.com/____snafu____/status/1231875199496314880

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

froog wrote: »
    looks like it hasn't plateaued to me from that.

If you click on show graph you can see the trend, it hasn't plateaued yet. The daily drop is getting smaller and smaller, it's plateauing around that figure, possibly drop another 1-2% who knows
    That's the number I check everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Hahaha just seen on the PROC Covid-19 thread that Ryanair's stock has went down 10%, I wonder if that's flight cancellations to a certain country.

Why is that funny?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Last time it was a "suggestion"/request

Now it's an instruction

Stop all the tit for tat stuff on the stats. None of us are in full possession of the facts and none of us can draw any "definitive" conclusions. Bottom line. It's serious. Not serious in Ireland at this stage, but may become so. Anyone caught up in this is not going to take much solace from any stats however they are complied

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    they aren't in the stats does not equal they don't exist
    what's unclear about it?

You are unwilling to entertain your precious stats could be completely skewed due to god knows how many unreported cases or deaths there are out there and insist on using the ridiculous term "accurate" when nothing can be called that yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

You are unwilling to entertain your precious stats could be completely skewed due to god knows how many unreported cases or deaths there are out there and insist on using the ridiculous term "accurate" when nothing can be called that yet

Jesus look at the post above yours.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Mate, don’t bother. Just be glad he’s not a colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

If it does reach Ireland the shops will be empty, I remember trying to do a bit of shopping around a time we got a recent storm warning and the whole bread section in tesco was empty, it was crazy. Going to get in a few extra bits of food this week before others take everything again ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭bb12

so is dr john campbell not a medical doctor? just read up on him a little and it seems he trains nurses and was an a+e nurse in his time...is the dr a phd title and not a md title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Mate, don’t bother. Just be glad he’s not a colleague.

Like a motorway pileup.

picard-facepalm-face-palm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

bb12 wrote: »
    so is dr john campbell not a medical doctor? just read up on him a little and it seems he trains nurses and was an a+e nurse in his time...is the dr a phd title and not a md title?

Correct

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement