Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So according to the Sindo,its an FF-FG-Green-Grand coalition then ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

So who do the people want ? If you were to add all the % of vote, which one is the highest?

FF+FG+GP or SF+other left wing?

That will depend on how fruitful will be the impending beerhall politics of Hitler's Fellow Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,044 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

feargale wrote: »
    That will depend on how fruitful will be the impending beerhall politics of Hitler's Fellow Travellers.

Or the impending inevitable burning of promises in a plush hotel somewhere.

So who do the people want ? If you were to add all the % of vote, which one is the highest?

FF+FG+GP or SF+other left wing?

Going by polls that asked that specifically, there are a couple of options more popular than FF and FG

image.png

Or the impending inevitable burning of promises in a plush hotel somewhere.

Or the burning of Dept of Jusrice files to create the white smoke when HFT get into power.

Or the burning of Dept of Jusrice files to create the white smoke when HFT get into power.

Or losing phones? Or letters from the banking crisis? Or even losing memories, like Bertie and Michael? :)

• Advertisement

Or losing phones? Or letters from the banking crisis? Or even losing memories, like Bertie and Michael? :)

Or bombing Warrington? Or collaborating with Nazi Germany? Or Kingsmill ("who's a Catholic here?")

In these coalition talks be sure to tell the Greens about your diesel policy.

P.S. and about establishing diplomatic relations with Colombia. Who forfeited the bail money? There's selfless patriotism for you.

Or bombing Warrington? Or collaborating with Nazi Germany? Or Kingsmill ("who's a Catholic here?")

SF bombed Warrington? Does the Garda Commissioner have this in his intelligence file in his 'filing cabinet'?

SF bombed Warrington? Does the Garda Commissioner have this in his intelligence file in his 'filing cabinet'?

Not at all. No SF member was ever a member of the IRA. If you don't believe me ask Gerry,

No SF member was ever a member of the IRA.

Yes they were, they openly admit it. Many many SF members weren't though. So to say SF bombed Warrington would be a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That one made me laugh out very loud :D:D:D

• Advertisement

......I know FG and FF core voters will not show a whit of concern if MM an LV enter a coalition. ........

Similar policies perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

smurgen wrote: »
    Less people voted against SF as you like to frame it than against FF or FG.

Nobody voted ‘against’ anybody

44% of people voted for FF & FG
    24% of people voted For SFIRA

FG & FF together is more representative of Ireland than SF is.

Nobody voted ‘against’ anybody

44% of people voted for FF & FG
    24% of people voted For SFIRA

FG & FF together is more representative of Ireland than SF is.

As is FF, Greens, LAB, SD's and a mixture of IND's.

Not sure what your point is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Going by polls that asked that specifically, there are a couple of options more popular than FF and FG

image.png

None of those options actually form a majority

I assume a confidence and supply arrangement with another party is implied in each option. But it leaves a big question mark over all of those as options

Tea Shock wrote: »

I assume a confidence and supply arrangement with another party is implied in each option. But it leaves a big question mark over all of those as options

Poster asked who the people 'wanted'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,226 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Tea Shock wrote: »

That was a poll taken before the election results were known. I would guess that a majority would opt now for FF/FG/SD/Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I hope they don't drag this farce out much longer. It's quite clear to everyone that Leo and Mehole will make a deal with each other and the Greens. SF haven't a hope of getting a snifter of power with those two determined to exclude them.

Mehole's hunger for power will be his party's undoing a few years down the line after Brexit brings us into another recession, The Greens will lose seats having taxed the populace out of it and FG will lose even more seats than they did this time round. Many of their grassroots members know this and will advise against entering into coalition, but Mehole will press ahead for 'the good of the country', for Mehole and Mehole only knows best.

As a SF voter, I look forward to them becoming a strong opposition and reaping the rewards in 5 years. Hopefully the SD's mop up the Green/Labour vote next time around too.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That was a poll taken before the election results were known. I would guess that a majority would opt now for FF/FG/SD/Greens.

Correct, it was from before. There has been no poll since that I am aware of. And I think in the current climate a 'guess' would be foolhardy and there wouldn't be much consensus on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I hope they don't drag this farce out much longer. It's quite clear to everyone that Leo and Mehole will make a deal with each other and the Greens. SF haven't a hope of getting a snifter of power with those two determined to exclude them.

Mehole's hunger for power will be his party's undoing a few years down the line after Brexit brings us into another recession, The Greens will lose seats having taxed the populace out of it and FG will lose even more seats than they did this time round. Many of their grassroots members know this and will advise against entering into coalition, but Mehole will press ahead for 'the good of the country', for Mehole and Mehole only knows best.

As a SF voter, I look forward to them becoming a strong opposition and reaping the rewards in 5 years. Hopefully the SD's mop up the Green/Labour vote next time around too.
    They are at the exploratory talks stage. It will take weeks to nail down a deal, even if they get to that stage. At most I'd expect a 2-3 year deal with an ongoing review.

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are at the exploratory talks stage. It will take weeks to nail down a deal, even if they get to that stage. At most I'd expect a 2-3 year deal with an ongoing review.

I know that, I just hope it takes the least amount of time possible. The country's problems aren't going away while the two boyos jostle for power between each other.

• Advertisement

Im pretty confident were going for round 2

That nobody voted ‘against’ anyone and that the idea that sf getting less than a quarter of the vote is absolutely not a statement that the entire country doesnt want either of the main parties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Correct, it was from before. There has been no poll since that I am aware of. And I think in the current climate a 'guess' would be foolhardy and there wouldn't be much consensus on it.

Also the SD's said they won't go in with FF/FG.
    That nobody voted ‘against’ anyone and that the idea that sf getting less than a quarter of the vote is absolutely not a statement that the entire country doesnt want either of the main parties

Looks like they didn't want anyone if that's the case. All we know is SF get a large rise. The SD's did alright, as did the Greens. I certainly wouldn't write off FF/FG by any means, but it bodes well for the country that FF/FG can't assume they'll replace each other.

It's likely a FF/FG coalition or deal of sorts with Varadkar resigning in a huff soon after or another election.

Im pretty confident were going for round 2

Another election?

I read somewhere today that President Higgins has the power to knock that on the head if he feels they could form a government without going back to the polls. Could that conceivably happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Another election?

I read somewhere today that President Higgins has the power to knock that on the head if he feels they could form a government without going back to the polls. Could that conceivably happen?
    If all options have not been tried he can but if a FG SF deal is the only unexplored avenue it'll be GE2020-Mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Another election?

It could happen but it's never happened before but there's always a first time.

Another election?

If labour were in a strong enough position to get back in, he'd absolutely flex that power, but he wouldnt use it to help the shinners , SD said they wont go with a FF/FG based government. I don't think he'd stop another election.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

If labour were in a strong enough position to get back in, he'd absolutely flex that power, but he wouldnt use it to help the shinners , SD said they wont go with a FF/FG based government. I don't think he'd stop another election.

The president's responsibility is to see a government formed. Another election is the last resort.

He and the parties can only work with who the electorate sent to the Dail. If enough TDs of whatever. hue agree to work together, he won't get in the way.

OK, off you go and form a government out of that. What is stopping you?

• Advertisement

OK, off you go and form a government out of that. What is stopping you?

Eh?

Advertisement