Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd when a still group decide to suddenly move off and spread across your path just as you approach them.

Ta When I'm trying to be quiet because the missus is asleep and absolutely every single item from the belt to the change in my pocket falls on the ground.

Oh and the new phenomena of inserting the word 'there' to the end of every sentence for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People who say substantial when they mean substantive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Running on footpaths against oncoming walkers walking a breast just refuse to go move single file to let people past- had a few times this week and it is always middle aged women blabbering away to each other totally unaware that other people might use the footpath.

Funnily enough teenagers are more than polite and go single file.
    I sympathise, but I have to say that the local running club where I live are a pain in the hole for this crap. A dozen or so people running on a footpath at night, 2 abreast and expecting other path users to walk out in the road or the mucky grass so they don't have to move out of the way, feck that. The groups of women out walking in 2's and 3's are as bad though, it's not so much walking for exercise as a slow strolling gossip to block off the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A youngster crying to me because her online business hasn't taken off,
    as I grew up in a business to her mind I am an oracle for problems like this.

Her main problem that I can see is that she doesn't respond to online queries or text messages.
    In this day and age, wtaf is she thinking.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta, how one email can wreck all future plans and comforts for the foreseeable.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A dozen or so people running on a footpath at night

I've ranted about this before but I see an amount of them running on the road next to a footpath. WTF is that about like? I've been tempted a few times to stop my car right next to the path and see what they do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

While using a public toilet, someone in another cubicle deciding to make a phone call! Could it not wait 5 minutes?!

Whatever virus I have just won't go. I've got a chest infection and antibiotics for that, was starting to feel a bit better now my throat really hurts again. I'm grumpy and moody, annoying myself and my husband. I was supposed to be making us fajitas for dinner but I can't face cooking or eating so he'll have to do that himself. Usually I look forward to a few drinks and watching stuff that I've recorded during the week on Saturday nights but I don't know what I want now. Tldr, sick and am annoying myself.

Whatever virus I have just won't go. I've got a chest infection and antibiotics for that, was starting to feel a bit better now my throat really hurts again. I'm grumpy and moody, annoying myself and my husband. I was supposed to be making us fajitas for dinner but I can't face cooking or eating so he'll have to do that himself. Usually I look forward to a few drinks and watching stuff that I've recorded during the week on Saturday nights but I don't know what I want now. Tldr, sick and am annoying myself.

Hate to tell you Millicently I had that bug since 6 January and I think (& hope) I finally got rid of it last weekend !!! It’s awful . Just when I thought it was gone, it came back . Still coughing a bit when I wake up and in the evening but the worst is over . It took a good 6 weeks . However I’m wrecked , work full time but fit for nothing in the evenings and at weekends . Steroids didn’t work.......the best thing you can do is rest..............it’s a bad dose :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Phone going in the cinema is annoying but it happens so we get on with it.

However......in the theatre is unforgivable! People are paying upwards of €30 to be there so it’s not a cheap night out

Also when the phone was going on for several rings in the theatre tonight I could see one actress looking out into the crowd annoyed. It’s not fair to them either

If you’re going to pay €30 upwards for a ticket turn off the damn phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Doing the shopping this evening and OH decides he wants a bottle of wine. Grand, so I'm standing there for an eternity while he checks out different wines, years etc. and just generally taking forever. Probably flicking through the files in his head wondering about wankery wine stuff. I bite my tongue because he has endless patience with me. Eventually the security guard starts sniffing around probably wondering why I am just standing there like a pleb. After an eternity OH appears with his choice... 4 bottles of cider! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That bread seems to grow mould on it around 10pm on the “best before” date.

What happened to bread going stale first?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Phone going in the cinema is annoying but it happens so we get on with it.

However......in the theatre is unforgivable! People are paying upwards of €30 to be there so it’s not a cheap night out

Also when the phone was going on for several rings in the theatre tonight I could see one actress looking out into the crowd annoyed. It’s not fair to them either

If you’re going to pay €30 upwards for a ticket turn off the damn phone

This does my head in, but especially at funerals.
    Had a family funeral a year ago,and I asked the priest to please announce it from the altar before the service, for people to turn their phones off.
    He refused, duh.

Did I mention people slurping tea goes through me?.. It strikes me as very class-less.. just unmannerly.. like, how the heck were you raised?..

On the phones at stuff..I was at a gig a couple of weeks ago, and before the gig some dude came out and said 'If you want to talk, can you please go outside'..I was like 'we've reached peak hipster here I think..'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA people who dont have basic sense for lighting fires.

I undersrand if youve never done it before but it is obvious you dont just drag any bit of slimy damp wood out of a hedge. Especially not half a bloody damp tree trunk which will smoulde5 noxiously all night and choke anyone in the path of the smoke (which drifts further than you can see).

What I can't forgive is country people not having that minimum cop on. And esp. Older ones, anyone above early 20s.

Grown men who stick their tongue out in photos..

Hate to tell you Millicently I had that bug since 6 January and I think (& hope) I finally got rid of it last weekend !!! It’s awful . Just when I thought it was gone, it came back . Still coughing a bit when I wake up and in the evening but the worst is over . It took a good 6 weeks . However I’m wrecked , work full time but fit for nothing in the evenings and at weekends . Steroids didn’t work.......the best thing you can do is rest..............it’s a bad dose :( .
    I'm glad you're feeling better, hopefully you've shaken it off. I'm exhausted and like the Fun Police at the moment. On a plus note I showed him how to make the fajitas himself and he was happily munching away on them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TA'd that boards.ie seems to crash every single day at certain peak times because it can't handle the extra traffic :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Watching loads of cooking shows for inspiration and tips and ideas and then going into the kitchen and burning water.

• Advertisement

When you compliment someone and they automatically think youre hinting you want them to give you the thing you're admiring. It's very weird, only ever noticed it with two people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think my ankle has cornavirus, just the ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Grown men who stick their tongue out in photos..

Anyone really who does that. Children might get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That invented word "wellness", wherever that came out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fanboys that just dismiss everything else.

When you compliment someone and they automatically think youre hinting you want them to give you the thing you're admiring. It's very weird, only ever noticed it with two people.

Haha yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. It is the weirdest thing. It's so awkward.

That type of person either tries to give it to you, just because you said it's nice or starts telling you all the reasons they can't just give it to you, which is so much worse.

I love your scarf.

Do you? I'd give it to you, honestly I would but my great aunt passed this down to me on her deathbed.

?!?!?! Ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ta, how one email can wreck all future plans and comforts for the foreseeable.

Just press “select all” “delete all”
    “Are you sure”??
    “Fcukin certain”

“Sorry about that,never got the email.are you sure you sent it?”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Did I mention people slurping tea goes through me?.. It strikes me as very class-less.. just unmannerly.. like, how the heck were you raised?..

What about knife lickers?

Haha yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. It is the weirdest thing. It's so awkward.

That type of person either tries to give it to you, just because you said it's nice or starts telling you all the reasons they can't just give it to you, which is so much worse.

I love your scarf.

Do you? I'd give it to you, honestly I would but my great aunt passed this down to me on her deathbed.

?!?!?! Ok..

Yes!!! Jesus its the worst feeling.
    It happened when it turned out a friend owned a copy of a reference book I was thinking of buying.

It's an expensive book so I was hesitant, but he said it's great, and as it's about obscure subjects which we had a mutual interest in, I thought it'd be a talking point, but he got suddenly jumped up and indignantly said he got it as a birthday present. I wasn't asking for it fgs!!! Horrible feeling.

On the other hand my grandmother was one of the ones who would nearly fight with you if you refused to take it, and I would refuse. Also very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

How about when you set the alarm clock but you wake up before it goes off and you get up forgetting about the clock.away you go about your day and next thing you are downstairs and you hear the alarm upstairs singing it’s fcukin merry tune.
    Up the stairs with you again to turn off the clock.
    Lordy lord

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement