Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

The randomness of An Post delivery notification texts. Got one yesterday telling me that something would be delivered the next working day, well it's the next working day and no delivery. Whenever I get a notification from them it's guesswork as to whether they mean the next day or the day after that. Sometimes they don't even bother with a text at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Running on footpaths against oncoming walkers walking a breast just refuse to go move single file to let people past- had a few times this week and it is always middle aged women blabbering away to each other totally unaware that other people might use the footpath.

Funnily enough teenagers are more than polite and go single file.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I didn't do nothing is another one.
    So you did it then?
    I didn't do nothing.
    That's what I said.

Once heard the fabled Dublin quadruple negative being utilised in all its glory. Some junkie trying to convince a Bangarda that he had been nowhere near the scene of a kerfuffle earlier that day:

"We weren't even nowhere near there, weren't we not?"
    Had something similar in Brown Thomas recently.........

I once ate in a restaurant in Dollymount and as we were asking for the bill, one of the waitresses called to the table beside ours with the starters for two ladies seated there. The queen bee obviously hadn't realised that the Caesar salad came with paresan shavings on it, and made a big song and dance about how she couldn't eat cheese and they'd have to bring it back. Her friend told her to just eat around it, but she insisted she was "blacktose intolerant" and had to have a fresh one. Cheese was "simply a no no".

The waitress made zero attempt to hide the inner fury bubbling behind her eyes. She was fit to burst her. I remember thinking "it's fairly obvious your wan is making it up but you can't mess around with allergies and food requirements, just be a bit more professional about your obvious disgust".

We finished out coffee, paid up and as I walked out I said thanks to the waitress who was standing near the tills. It didn't even register with her. She was too busy throwing filthy looks at the queen bee on table 4, who'd just had her main course delivered and was tucking into her main course.

I thought it very unprofessional, until I looked over and saw she was slaughtering her first slice of pizza. So much for cheese being a 'no no'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Itchy inner ears.
    Desperate enough to puggle them with my smallest crochet hook, after blasting them with the shower spray and putting olive oil into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Running on footpaths against oncoming walkers walking a breast just refuse to go move single file to let people past- had a few times this week and it is always middle aged women blabbering away to each other totally unaware that other people might use the footpath.

Funnily enough teenagers are more than polite and go single file.

I once had that.
    Two joggers running abreast on a small footpath in the rain with mad traffic in the road.

I slowed down and tried to shift sideways but no, yer man didn't deviate from his course.

He bounced off me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Needing to make a funds transfer but the amount exceeds your daily limit :eek:

Your Face wrote: »
    I once had that.
    Two joggers running abreast on a small footpath in the rain with mad traffic in the road.

I slowed down and tried to shift sideways but no, yer man didn't deviate from his course.

He bounced off me.

Wanker. You get that at running events also- Joan and Mary set off jogging for charity in a zone which they are too slow for and running abreast blocking the entire path. TBH they are told pretty damn quick by other runners to get out of the way and the language will be colorful.

Dog walkers at night time can also be a nightmare. The thing is the dog may be 8-9 feet away from the owner on a leash but if it is dark you will not see the leash stretched across the path and about 18 inches off the ground- you can imagine how that will end running into that.

Cyclists on the footpath are another one. Last night turning down a side road on the footpath but with high bushes so no way of seeing around the corner a middle aged guy on a bicycle coming against me- no light, no helmet, no reflective gear whatsoever. It was just pure luck that we missed each other. If I was pushing a pram he had nowhere to go. At least I could bounce out of the way quickly.

At least wannabe Chris Froome Lycra Louts stick to the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Once heard the fabled Dublin quadruple negative being utilised in all its glory. Some junkie trying to convince a Bangarda that he had been nowhere near the scene of a kerfuffle earlier that day:

"We weren't even nowhere near there, weren't we not?"

I once ate in a restaurant in Dollymount and as we were asking for the bill, one of the waitresses called to the table beside ours with the starters for two ladies seated there. The queen bee obviously hadn't realised that the Caesar salad came with paresan shavings on it, and made a big song and dance about how she couldn't eat cheese and they'd have to bring it back. Her friend told her to just eat around it, but she insisted she was "blacktose intolerant" and had to have a fresh one. Cheese was "simply a no no".

The waitress made zero attempt to hide the inner fury bubbling behind her eyes. She was fit to burst her. I remember thinking "it's fairly obvious your wan is making it up but you can't mess around with allergies and food requirements, just be a bit more professional about your obvious disgust".

We finished out coffee, paid up and as I walked out I said thanks to the waitress who was standing near the tills. It didn't even register with her. She was too busy throwing filthy looks at the queen bee on table 4, who'd just had her main course delivered and was tucking into her main course.

I thought it very unprofessional, until I looked over and saw she was slaughtering her first slice of pizza. So much for cheese being a 'no no'.
    It's almost always the same type. They'll order the cheapest things on the menu but run you around like a dog getting things for them. This wan didn't get off the phone while the waitress took her order or during any of the conversations where she kept getting her to go and change the things that she'd ordered. We were sitting right beside her and had no interest in her conversation anyway but had our meal having to put up with her nonsense. Silly cow. They usually never tip and then bitch about poor service. It was obvious she was only doing it to be annoying because she could get away with it.

It's almost always the same type. They'll order the cheapest things on the menu but run you around like a dog getting things for them. This wan didn't get off the phone while the waitress took her order or during any of the conversations where she kept getting her to go and change the things that she'd ordered. We were sitting right beside her and had no interest in her conversation anyway but had our meal having to put up with her nonsense. Silly cow. They usually never tip and then bitch about poor service. It was obvious she was only doing it to be annoying because she could get away with it.

Funnily enough a few months back my wife was driving and she insisted we go to McDonalds knowing full well I wouldn't dream of it. Rather than a 'Drive Thru' we actually went in and sat down. This was in a pretty 'urban' part of London. Please don't judge me.

Naturally it was full of hoards of teenagers with attitude and they were absolutely vile to the staff. In fact I have never seen or heard anything like it before. Calling them over saying that their 'McFlurry' etc was not cold enough or tasted weird. At least 2 girls (no more than 15-16) sent their food back laced with attitude demanding it to be recooked.

Then there was this couple with their 2 kids next to us and then they were clicking for the staff complaining about the food and sending stuff back.

I repeat- this was McDonalds the fast food joint.

I don't care how unPC this is but it's a fact that all the perpetrators above were black.

The staff who had to put with this was clearly a Muslim girl as she wore a head scarf. They were messing around knocking food on the ground and asking for someone to come over and sweep in up.

I bet she was thinking: "I am going to a doctor in a few years and all you losers will be either pushing a pram or in jail or dead."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Got the dog a new bowl and there’s a big sticker stuck right in the middle of it. Peeled it off but, of course, it didn’t come “clean”.

Just spent about 20 minutes scrubbing off the “peely” bits and gum.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I always keep poo bags in my car but got it serviced the other day and took everything out when I cleaned it beforehand. Was on my way to the beach with the dogs this evening when I realised I had none. I was going to turn back but then I remembered they have a dispenser of them at the beach. Was TA to discover they aren't biodegradable. That really irritates me. Anyway, it was so windy that a little while after I'd used one it blew out of my hand and I had to take off after it. Bad enough picking up sh!te but having to run around after a bag full of it is really humiliating!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

dubstarr wrote: »
    You could bore Ted,hes all day to listen:D

I was going to make a summary of the presentation for you, but now I'll get Boom to do an extended version just for you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I was going to make a summary of the presentation for you, but now I'll get Boom to do an extended version just for you.

You want me to present myself?

TA incurable, unshakeable loneliness, no reflection on my partner, family or friends, it's just stuck to me like chewing gum in your hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA incurable, unshakeable loneliness, no reflection on my partner, family or friends, it's just stuck to me like chewing gum in your hair :D

Must be going around, Widders. ...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Must be going around, Widders. ...

I've noticed its biting an awful lot of people these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Early morning Ryanair flight, they do the safety bit then tell you to sit back, relax and enjoy your flight. You close your eyes to get an hours sleep and immediately they start screaming at you to buy coffee, and perfume, and scratch cards, and sandwiches. It's also really nice that they seem to have fitted the cheapest speakers on earth on the plane so you cant actually make out much other than deafening static, high pitched noise and the words scratch cards.hey Ryanair, how's about you shut the f**k up for a while and let people sleep. Grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

I've noticed its biting an awful lot of people these days

I get that way at times but think it's just being so far from family and friends. And missing out on a lot in their lives. But the horses keep me sane, well as sane as I'm ever going to be,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who keep talking to me even though I have a cold and just want to sit and be alone. It's uncomfortable and an effort to try to talk normally while all congested and with a sore throat etc. Trying to avoid vowels and "m" sounds because they come out so nasal sounding. Eugh just stop talking.

Jesus I so sympathise!! I had laryngitis last week and literally nothing was coming out when I tried to speak and everyone I work with knew this and still insisted on talking to me. Like Fcuk right off! I can't speak. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Well this is the thread for TA & all things TA-ness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Just as long as it doesn't involve lime green speedos and roller skates,heh.

Just as long as it doesn't involve lime green speedos and roller skates,heh.

*stops shaving bikini line*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

TA, people following celebrities on Instagram or wherever and then moaning about what they post.

Don't like it, don't follow or STFU moaning. Nobody is tying you down and forcing you to look at Instagram posts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

storker wrote: »
    Nothing T about that, but it is very A. :)

Wasn’t due much because I didn’t do many hours, but yeah, it’s an annoying one. Hopefully it’ll come through tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

About the lawyers grilling victims about details a traumatised mind might not remember, personally I think if they can't all be shot then they should be sued for re-activating trauma. It's sick. They did something awful a bit like that in Grace Millanes case but she couldn't defend herself or answer their grubby 'point's.
    To follow up and use Grace Millanes case (he was found guilty today) as an example - when lazy journalism is almost (if not actual) plagiarism.
    Lazier by leaving out chunks.
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/australasia/explainer-grace-millanes-killer-has-been-jailed-so-why-cant-we-name-him-38976965.html
    and
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/grace-millane-killer-anonymity-new-zealand-a4367871.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Calling females in the acting business "actors".

I just find it weird. I don't see for example the French avoiding the use of feminine forms because of pc hangups, e.g. actrice, comédienne, serveuse.

Guaranteed when I mention my surgeon by surname, people assume my surgeon is male. Or any doctor, come to think of it.

Whiskey, the feminine forms also sound much nicer, I'm sure that sounds airheaded but it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Young lads driving around with their hoods up.
    Cut off your peripheral vision when you need it most-great idea guys :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Young lads driving around with their hoods up.
    Cut off your peripheral vision when you need it most-great idea guys :rolleyes:

Or with headphones on :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

TA when you end up walking along someone who happens to walk at the same pace as yourself. Gets strange as it seems you are walking with a complete stranger. I either fall back to a slow pace or put on the afterburners to get back walking alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement