Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted, did I ever show you my new Ted-shaped voodoo doll and my collection of rusty pins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Phlegm. I've got a chest infection that's almost gone but the phlegm is driving me nuts. I've got antibiotics, I've tried Sudafed but it's still not going and it makes me feel queasy. Also, last weekend when I had a sore throat the tonic water in my gin was making my throat feel sorer. That's just not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Dip$hit cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Phlegm. I've got a chest infection that's almost gone but the phlegm is driving me nuts. I've got antibiotics, I've tried Sudafed but it's still not going and it makes me feel queasy. Also, last weekend when I had a sore throat the tonic water in my gin was making my throat feel sorer. That's just not fair.

Try Exputex it loosens phlegm and lets you cough it up . Just don’t take it at bedtime as it makes you cough more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I have nothing to do & all day to do it anyway.

Not a TA for me, but it has been for you reading it.

:D

... Hmm, I bet...:rolleyes:

Colour me surprised! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Going to a coffee machine, making your coffee, then go to the milk dispenser to find it’s empty. It only gets annoying when you walk over to the milk dispenser at the other coffee machine and find that’s empty too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Why oh why did I buy the cheap toilet paper when the good stuff was not available?
    This toilet paper is not worth a sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Kivaro wrote: »
    Why oh why did I buy the cheap toilet paper when the good stuff was not available?
    This toilet paper is not worth a sheet.

Cause otherwise you'd have no toilet paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Feeling migrainey today, uggggghhhhh:(

TA at getting excited when I see a TV series has been made of a book I really enjoyed (NOS4A2, Joe Hill) and getting bored on episode 2. Sometimes stories are best left at the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had an awful nights sleep last night and then I wake up with a really sore throat. Happy Friday :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dramatik wrote: »
    Bank machines, why are you giving me the option to take 70 out if you don't have any 20 notes. When the machine is out of 20s that option should disappear from the screen.

I could bore you with all the logic behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Feeling migrainey today, uggggghhhhh:(

TA at getting excited when I see a TV series has been made of a book I really enjoyed (NOS4A2, Joe Hill) and getting bored on episode 2. Sometimes stories are best left at the book.

Oh no I loved that book. Didn't realise they were making a show of it. Thats disappointing.

Not a small TA at all for today. **** Cancer. She was only 33. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I had the full house of TAs yesterday in a local Costa:-

1. Walked up the counter and BANG..."What can I get you?". Jesus Christ I am literally still walking up the counter. Give me a ****ing chance.

2. Ordered a Cheese Toastie. Why oh why do you insist on putting the paper napkin on the plate first and then putting the toastie (or cake) on the napkin. It is now ruined with juice/grease.

3. Elderly lady behind blabbering away on her mobile making calls. She made at least 3 different phone call to various medical centers re her infirm aunt and then repeated it all back in another call to a friend/family member.

I can now tell you:-

a. Her full name
    b. The name of her sick elderly aunt
    c. All the medical conditions afflicting the said aunt
    d. The name of the aunt's carer and doctor

Oh the lady is off to have a bunion removed over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

"Frickin hell" - an Irish colleague in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I could bore you with all the logic behind this.

You could bore Ted,hes all day to listen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I like playing darts, but I'm sh1te and adding and subtracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Sitting at your desk in work, call someone over to discuss something and they're pointing stuff out on your screen....except they're actually stabbing your screen and smudging it with their dirty, scabby fingers. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I had the full house of TAs yesterday in a local Costa:-

1. Walked up the counter and BANG..."What can I get you?". Jesus Christ I am literally still walking up the counter. Give me a ****ing chance.

2. Ordered a Cheese Toastie. Why oh why do you insist on putting the paper napkin on the plate first and then putting the toastie (or cake) on the napkin. It is now ruined with juice/grease.

3. Elderly lady behind blabbering away on her mobile making calls. She made at least 3 different phone call to various medical centers re her infirm aunt and then repeated it all back in another call to a friend/family member.

I can now tell you:-

a. Her full name
    b. The name of her sick elderly aunt
    c. All the medical conditions afflicting the said aunt
    d. The name of the aunt's carer and doctor

Oh the lady is off to have a bunion removed over the coming days.
    Had something similar in Brown Thomas recently. This wan came in and ordered a coffee and was specific in wanting a plain scone, when it arrived she decided that she wanted a fruit one instead, when that arrived she said she'd asked for it hot, she hadn't. Then she said she'd ordered coffee when she'd ordered tea. The poor waitress was running around like a blue arsed fly. The whole time she was on the phone to someone bitching about her ex boyfriend and about how at least now he's being honest with her about the breakup.
    She was so rude to staff that when I was standing behind her waiting to pay, while she was still on her phone, I felt like saying to her that it's obvious that the reason he's broken up with her is because she's a cnut, he can't stand her his friends probably can't stand her etc etc and he's well rid of her. Hate people like that, they just enjoy treating hospitality staff like servants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sitting at your desk in work, call someone over to discuss something and they're pointing stuff out on your screen....except they're actually stabbing your screen and smudging it with their dirty, scabby fingers. :(

Was it one of those damn Rosato brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oh no I loved that book. Didn't realise they were making a show of it. Thats disappointing.

Not a small TA at all for today. **** Cancer. She was only 33. :(

Yes, the book was great. I may give it another go and hope I was too hasty:)

TA, **** cancer too. Too many people have it. An old friend was buried last week, only in her 50s. 33 is way too young, sorry to hear that.

Yet again, TA at small, yapping rats of dogs that think they are Rottweilers. My dog plods along contentedly till a ratdog loose on the estate goes for her bald headed, chasing us down the road. This sets her off barking and my fingers were purple gripping her lead. Honest to God it would be like me trying to have a go at John Cena, I don't understand it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This snippet of a long conversation, with a mh/educational expert.

'so to start with BB, your age......IF you get your finals, you maybe too old to get the jobs you want in the field.'(how did he think that was going to end well?)

'So you should read this book, it will help you disclose at work' (current jobs knows, so he must mean the new job he says I'm not going to get cause I'm too old)

Ta I can't decide if this is a ta or a duh moment!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

TAd that people from my last employer are snooping on my LinkedIn account today.

It was a crap company and I removed all connections as soon as I got out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

. Honest to God it would be like me trying to have a go at John Cena,

LOL! Thanks for a much needed laugh.

Ta'd I hate when you come to the end of a good book and don't know what to read next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another TA, didn’t get paid today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Another TA, didn’t get paid today :rolleyes:

Nothing T about that, but it is very A. :)

Yes, the book was great. I may give it another go and hope I was too hasty:)

TA, **** cancer too. Too many people have it. An old friend was buried last week, only in her 50s. 33 is way too young, sorry to hear that.

Yet again, TA at small, yapping rats of dogs that think they are Rottweilers. My dog plods along contentedly till a ratdog loose on the estate goes for her bald headed, chasing us down the road. This sets her off barking and my fingers were purple gripping her lead. Honest to God it would be like me trying to have a go at John Cena, I don't understand it!!

The other day I saw a yorkie having a go at a train. The dog had just gotten off one and passed this one on their way out. Ta, dogs like kids doing their best to show up their 'pawrents' in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I threaten to put my foot down and The Current Mrs. Tin threatens to put hers up (you can guess where) :mad:

An Post's missing parcels' form, especially if as I do, you have horrible handwriting and dont have the receivers phone no.
    So confusingly laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The 17 - 21 y/o woman girls online today. **** like this comes up on my feed because of cousins and that, they've been muted. But seriously tho the world is fceked if these dip sh*ts are the next generation. The replies are worse, somehow men are the blame for woman being socialized to be quiet and kind :pac: had to google that.

https://twitter.com/thomasjeferstan/status/1230512043159117825

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being a dog owner in this weather. I am heartily fcuking sick of walking in a never-ending hurricane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement