Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The word "Flavourful"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

RTE News sending a reporter to Malaysia to do a report on the environment and pollution. We get enough of this crap from them at home, we contribute 1% of the worlds carbon emissions, our contribution is negligible. Sick and tired of RTE's agenda pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How about 'efforting'? 'We have been efforting to resolve this issue for two weeks'. I heard that one on the Dr Phil show (I know, I know - please don't judge me harshly. My enjoyment of it is entirely ironic, honest).

I'm not sure I could restrain myself if someone used the 'word' in real life. 'Please excuse my contorted face and clenched fists, I'm efforting not to punch you to death. '
    Reasonage is one I heard lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A connect.
    We are creating a connect between young people and the environment.
    Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Americans and their continued insistence on mangling the English language. A substance is not 'addicting' it's fcuking addictive. Likewise, a large spoonful of something is heaped, not, lord help and preserve us, 'heaping'.

Also, my housemate, who insists on spelling yay "Yhey". I can't even begin to wrap my head around that one.

‘Flavourful’ instead of ‘flavoursome’ gets me. And ‘normalcy’ instead of ‘normality’.

And this is not just Americans but people saying ‘cringey’ instead of ‘cringeworthy’ annoys me so much and it’s becoming more and more commonplace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seamai wrote: »
    That one really bugs me, if anyone with half a brain stopped to think about it they'd realise it made no sense whatsoever.

I didn't do nothing is another one.
    So you did it then?
    I didn't do nothing.
    That's what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that when you have a cut/injury and you keep hitting it off things , stupidly .

Someone with a foraging wild food page on Facebook keeps putting up recipes for her wild "sources". Nettle and wild garlic source. Mushroom source. Urgh.

When you bite into a sandwich and a tomato ejaculates all over your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    TA that when you have a cut/injury and you keep hitting it off things , stupidly .

TA that I have a cut that sits exactly where my knitting needle rubs on each stitch . TA that if I put a plaster on it the needle sticks to the plaster
    And even more TA is my cut was caused by a little plastic fecky scissors that normally wouldn’t cut butter . But this useless little scissors managed to cut a chunk out of my finger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

When a smug f**k person who works with me who believes is an authority on everything uses the word ‘ irregardless’, which I believe is not a word , either regardless or not , and grinds my gears..... open to correction though in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you bite into a sandwich and a tomato ejaculates all over your face.

I'll never look at a tomato in quite the same way again. The durty feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

SheroP wrote: »
    When a smug f**k person who works with me who believes is an authority on everything uses the word ‘ irregardless’, which I believe is not a word , either regardless or not , and grinds my gears..... open to correction though in fairness

Well, it is a “word” but it’s regarded as incorrect, or non-standard.

Generally it’s used by the “supposably” or “pacific” brigade, you can spot them on here when they use “loose” instead of “lose”.

The tide is turning…

"Appertaining" instead of "pertaining to". "Oblivious" when they mean "regardless"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A fella came into the small museum I work in today with his young son and never made any effort to pay. I wouldn't mind if he only stayed for a quick look (quite often a kid would be mad keen to go in), but he stayed a good while and never acknowledged the fact that there may be an entrance fee.

There are at least three price-lists on the way in, and I mean what does he think we have a till for? I would never pester a visitor for the money, and I've sometimes waived the entrance fee if they genuinely didn't have money on them (we don't have a card machine), but this was blatant ignorance. What's even madder is that the son returned about ten minutes later with his granny, and it didn't occur to her that there may be an admission price either.

And during his visit, the father then proceeded to allow his son to run around trying to pick up everything. It's a museum not a play-zone.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'll never look at a tomato in quite the same way again. The durty feckers.

Sorry about that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When I accidentally bite the inside of my mouth. Then it starts to swell up and you bite it again and again. It's a vicious circle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sport on television in pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Eating too much before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eating too much before bed.

Yeah, it must be very hard to sleep with a full stomach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

A fella came into the small museum I work in today with his young son and never made any effort to pay. I wouldn't mind if he only stayed for a quick look (quite often a kid would be mad keen to go in), but he stayed a good while and never acknowledged the fact that there may be an entrance fee.

There are at least three price-lists on the way in, and I mean what does he think we have a till for? I would never pester a visitor for the money, and I've sometimes waived the entrance fee if they genuinely didn't have money on them (we don't have a card machine), but this was blatant ignorance. What's even madder is that the son returned about ten minutes later with his granny, and it didn't occur to her that there may be an admission price either.

And during his visit, the father then proceeded to allow his son to run around trying to pick up everything. It's a museum not a play-zone.

Just curious, what kind of museum is it?

Just curious, what kind of museum is it?

Maritime-themed in a mid-sized town that has a proud seafaring/boat building/fishing history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Maritime-themed in a mid-sized town that has a proud seafaring/boat building/fishing history.

Love maritime history, what is the town if you don't mind me asking, and I will give it a look. I had a great uncle who was on the USS Arizona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Not trivial, but mass shootings...another in Germany... why?

Love maritime history, what is the town if you don't mind me asking, and I will give it a look. I had a great uncle who was on the USS Arizona.

Arklow

My TA this morning. I'm heading off on a stag this weekend, its my first break away of the year, and its due to rain for pretty much the entire two days. Deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Arklow

My TA this morning. I'm heading off on a stag this weekend, its my first break away of the year, and its due to rain for pretty much the entire two days. Deadly

spend 2 days in the pub. no rain in there. result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Still annoying to see people with hundreds/thousands of posts who cannot quote posts properly. Some threads look a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

All the #Be Kind posts on facebook. Wonder how long this will last until people are back posting horrible things again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Printers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Your Face wrote: »
    Printers.

The occupation or the devices or both ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement