Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

swampy353 wrote: »
    New remotes are back in stock
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shield/buy/

Out of stock again.is there anywhere else selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭BobMc

banie01 wrote: »
    Nvidia UK/Ire have stock of the new remote again.

Managed to snag one, funnily had checked the day before and it was out of stock, saw your post and got one, much improved remote, been using it on the new sheild and its a vast impovement on the old remote

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Randomly checked the site on Friday and manged to get a remote myself, delivered just now.

Belfunk wrote: »
    Randomly checked the site on Friday and manged to get a remote myself, delivered just now.

that was fast, ordrered friday too, not got shipping notification yet though

BobMc wrote: »
    that was fast, ordrered friday too, not got shipping notification yet though

I ordered another 11:30am Friday and it shipped Saturday morning from Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I also ordered Friday the 14th, did you get a shipment notification email? My order status is just processing.

i got shipping email this morning, so expect delivery wednesday

advertsfox wrote: »
    I also ordered Friday the 14th, did you get a shipment notification email? My order status is just processing.

Yes, but the tracking never updated until it was delivered.

mine came this morning, help i suppose they ship from shannon and i'm in limerick, so came faster than expected

Same it just came today, very quick. All setup with new firmware and Button Remapping done on Netflix button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BobMc wrote: »
    mine came this morning, help i suppose they ship from shannon and i'm in limerick, so came faster than expected

Mine came this afternoon.
    Even the wife can use it!

She did ask "where are the numbers? As the harmony 300 had a number pad...
    I asked her when was the last time she used the numbers and that put paid to that :P

The audio button for the assistant is so much more intuitive to use than "Ok Google" too IMO.

Just ordered a new remote there.so hurry people there back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

massy086 wrote: »

Just wondering if you had any post code issues ? Trying to order the but post code is highlighted as red and I can’t continue with the payment

Daz_ wrote: »
    Just wondering if you had any post code issues ? Trying to order the but post code is highlighted as red and I can’t continue with the payment
    I paid through PayPal so it just took my address from there

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

I paid through PayPal so it just took my address from there

Thanks for the tip. I switched to PayPal for payment and all fine , cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What's everyone remapping Netflix button to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dam. Missed it. :mad:

Same it just came today, very quick. All setup with new firmware and Button Remapping done on Netflix button.

You use the button remapper app for that?
    Does it interfere with Volume control do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Inviere

What's the story with the volume buttons on the 2019 Pro? On my 2017 model the volume touch slider simply adjusts the volume on the device itself...on my 2019 model, I get a message about setting up IR controls or somesuch, and when I do, the Shield lags for 4-5 seconds and still doesn't change volume...

McMurphy wrote: »
    Dam. Missed it. :mad:
    Jaysus they must be very low on stock or there in high demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Inviere wrote: »
    What's the story with the volume buttons on the 2019 Pro? On my 2017 model the volume touch slider simply adjusts the volume on the device itself...on my 2019 model, I get a message about setting up IR controls or somesuch, and when I do, the Shield lags for 4-5 seconds and still doesn't change volume...

I got that message,in settings turned IR on and it works perfectly .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Inviere

yabadabado wrote: »
    I got that message,in settings turned IR on and it works perfectly .

Is it adjusting the volume on the tv via the shield remote then, rather than the 2019 model having its own internal volume functions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Inviere wrote: »
    Is it adjusting the volume on the tv via the shield remote then, rather than the 2019 model having its own internal volume functions?

Yes ,it adjusts on the tv.

banie01 wrote: »
    You use the button remapper app for that?
    Does it interfere with Volume control do you know?
    It's called Button Mapper on the Play Store. Here's a simple guide, you need to enable it in the Accessibility Options first before it is customizable. You can do a 100 different actions too, very cool I must say.

https://youtu.be/6SneVY37_9s

It's called Button Mapper on the Play Store. Here's a simple guide, you need to enable it in the Accessibility Options first before it is customizable. You can do a 100 different actions too, very cool I must say.

https://youtu.be/6SneVY37_9s

Thanks for that.
    My Netflix button now has 3 actions assigned:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyway to get an instant notification when they (remote's) come back into stock?

Have just subbed to the thread - so hopefully that may help. Or alternatively if anyone wants to nab one for me, I'll square them up via PayPal or revolut.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

One of my preferences it to assign it to nothing. Whenever I sit on the remote it seems to be the button that gets pressed. Annoying when I am watching amazon, shift my ass, and the movie stops to load up netflix.

errlloyd wrote: »
    One of my preferences it to assign it to nothing. Whenever I sit on the remote it seems to be the button that gets pressed. Annoying when I am watching amazon, shift my ass, and the movie stops to load up netflix.
    You can do that in the Button Remap app.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Hallaz

Hi
    Can I ask which website you ordered from?
    Is it just the control that has option for delivery to Ireland ? (I can't check as out of stock)
    I'm looking to get the shield pro but getting error so wonder if there is a loop hole to get product delivered from the nvidia website.

thanks

• Advertisement

Hallaz wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I ask which website you ordered from?
    Is it just the control that has option for delivery to Ireland ? (I can't check as out of stock)
    I'm looking to get the shield pro but getting error so wonder if there is a loop hole to get product delivered from the nvidia website.

thanks

Hello,

I ordered from https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shield/buy/ but the order was just for the remote. I only get options for UK and Portugal if i try purchase the Pro.

Advertisement