Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Ordered the new remote on 18th Feb still not delivered, anybody else with same problem? It said 2 or 3 days delivery? I'll have to contact them I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

Ordered the new remote on 18th Feb still not delivered, anybody else with same problem? It said 2 or 3 days delivery? I'll have to contact them I suppose

I'd contact them. They ship from Ireland, mine took no time at all.

The best part of the new remote for me is I can finally use the IR to control the volume of my AV receiver.

The old remote could do it sure, but the slide volume control was so crap that you'd be sliding for ages before anything would happen. Now with the buttons I've enabled volume control and now there's just one volume to worry about, the one on the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Yeah same problem for me , no sign of it

Just spoke with customer service . They have to contact parcel force and it could be 48 hours before they get back to me .
    Not impressed with this at all - ordered on the 18th FEB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭larchielads

bazzz wrote: »
    New 8.1.1 update for 2019 Shields and all other pro versions......

Apparently theres a free upgrade of geoforce to founder member status, how does one avail of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Apparently theres a free upgrade of geoforce to founder member status, how does one avail of it?

There's an upgrade option where you get a three month free trial. Then you pay
    €5.49 a month after that. You'll get all the info and terms here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ah i see

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I hope this isnt against forum rules.

I have a 2017 Shield Gamepad for sale.Its like new,was only used a few times.

Will let it go for €45 shipped and pay via PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

New remote's are back in stock again, finally bagged myself one!

IMG-20200302-185326.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Still seem to be in stock, just nabbed one now myself, so long, ****ty old remote.

• Advertisement

Word of warning/ if you have a problem with your delivery don’t expect their customer service to resolve quickly . Ordered 18th of Feb and still don’t have it .
    Nvidia are Up there with the worse customer service I have ever encountered

Could someone suggest a replacement remote control for using both the Shield and a Virgin box?

Daz_ wrote: »
    Word of warning/ if you have a problem with your delivery don’t expect their customer service to resolve quickly . Ordered 18th of Feb and still don’t have it .
    Nvidia are Up there with the worse customer service I have ever encountered

I dunno, my original remote developed a bit of a problem a while back, and I have to say that I found their cs pretty much flawless tbh, arranged to collect the remote from my office - fully tracked to Holland, and an email to confirm technicians had it and were working on it, and a follow up email to say they were sending me a replacement.

Had the replacement in a few days, don't recall now, but if I recall correctly, all less than a week

I was farily happy with their service, and i hope I haven't just jinxed myself having just ordered the new remote last night. :pac:

McMurphy wrote: »
    I dunno, my original remote developed a bit of a problem a while back, and I have to say that I found their cs pretty much flawless tbh, arranged to collect the remote from my office - fully tracked to Holland, and an email to confirm technicians had it and were working on it, and a follow up email to say they were sending me a replacement.

Had the replacement in a few days, don't recall now, but if I recall correctly, all less than a week

I was farily happy with their service, and i hope I haven't just jinxed myself having just ordered the new remote last night. :pac:

That’s what I would expect in terms of customer service .
    I have experienced the opposite - tracking number not even valid .

Daz_ wrote: »
    That’s what I would expect in terms of customer service .
    I have experienced the opposite - tracking number not even valid .

Got an email this morning to say remote shipped, but like that the tracking number isn't valid either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Got an email this morning to say remote shipped, but like that the tracking number isn't valid either.

Same as that here, got the shipping email earlier but tracking number isn't recognised. I seen on my camera there was someone from DSV trying to deliver someone at 9 this morning though 🀔

Yeah the tracking number never worked for me either, but it showed up in about a day or so.

Same as that here, got the shipping email earlier but tracking number isn't recognised. I seen on my camera there was someone from DSV trying to deliver someone at 9 this morning though ��

Maybe for a different thread, but thinking of getting something for the front door.

Anyone using Ring?

Deliveries can go wrong sometimes , I get that . They just have been useless to try and get it resolved
    Edit : finally arrive today . The remote is great -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

And my remote just arrived, that's some quick shipping.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    And my remote just arrived, that's some quick shipping.

According to my better half, mine has not.

Tracking number isn't any use as far as I can see?

According to my better half, mine has not.

Tracking number isn't any use as far as I can see?

Edit mine was delivered at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭54and56

Maybe for a different thread, but thinking of getting something for the front door.

Anyone using Ring?

No, I've had a Nest for the last year or more and have to say it's absolutely flawless. Easy to install and very easy to set up and configure.

Good thread here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057852426

54and56 wrote: »
    No, I've had a Nest for the last year or more and have to say it's absolutely flawless. Easy to install and very easy to set up and configure.

Good thread here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057852426

Yeah my bad! I was for some reason confusing that ring became nest! And in a house already with several Google homes (minis and normals) and nest thermostat it was the next logical step.

Will delve into the thread this evening, that'll keep me busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Yeah my bad! I was for some reason confusing that ring became nest! And in a house already with several Google homes (minis and normals) and nest thermostat it was the next logical step.

Will delve into the thread this evening, that'll keep me busy!

Ring is still ring, it was bought by Amazon. Nest had always been nest and is owned by Google

Ok so credit where credit is due, have just unboxed new remote about an hour ago, and first impressions are really really good.

Feels great in the hand (forget people moaning about the triangle shape) seems a lot more responsive than the old one - and have already remapped the Netflix button*.

*Press it and it'll default to Netflix.
    Double press - opens Plex.
    Long press - opens IPTV.

The motion sensitive backlight is a nice touch, and not sorry to see the back of the 'slide' volume function either, and to put a cherry on the top, pressing the power button, and watching the shield and telly power off simultaneously is a pleasure in itself.

Yeah, all in all seems like a genuine upgrade, oh and even though I haven't had tried the find remote function, there's going to be a few relieved kids in this house that dad can simply activate a beeping noise now to find the remote that they carelessly leave lying at their butts - but also they'll have loads of fun on Saturday mornings "hiding" it from dad and making him find it!

Genuine 5 star review from me. :)

Ok so credit where credit is due, have just unboxed new remote about an hour ago, and first impressions are really really good.

Feels great in the hand (forget people moaning about the triangle shape) seems a lot more responsive than the old one - and have already remapped the Netflix button*.

*Press it and it'll default to Netflix.
    Double press - opens Plex.
    Long press - opens IPTV.

The motion sensitive backlight is a nice touch, and not sorry to see the back of the 'slide' volume function either, and to put a cherry on the top, pressing the power button, and watching the shield and telly power off simultaneously is a pleasure in itself.

Yeah, all in all seems like a genuine upgrade, oh and even though I haven't had tried the find remote function, there's going to be a few relieved kids in this house that dad can simply activate a beeping noise now to find the remote that they carelessly leave lying at their butts - but also they'll have loads of fun on Saturday mornings "hiding" it from dad and making him find it!

Genuine 5 star review from me. :)
    I'm hoping they try to deliver mine again today!

I'm hoping they try to deliver mine again today!

Did it show up Ferrigan?

Did it show up Ferrigan?

It did! The driver called me at about half 8 and apologised for not being able to deliver yesterday, I was in work but herself was in to take it. I'm not long home but it's working away grand, just need to figure out how to remap the Netflix button, I'm not seeing an option for it in the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It did! The driver called me at about half 8 and apologised for not being able to deliver yesterday, I was in work but herself was in to take it. I'm not long home but it's working away grand, just need to figure out how to remap the Netflix button, I'm not seeing an option for it in the settings.

There is a remap app in the play store.iirc some posted a YouTube guide here

Advertisement