Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Be right back

This. Also people who leave all their wrappers sitting in the cinema seats.

And popcorn everywhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

Overzealous mods

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you like Pina Coladas too?

Damn! You got there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Damn! You got there before me.

Did I make you TA'd

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Or leave "early". We have flexible working so sometimes I will come in at around 7.15am and head home at 4.30pm. Generally the people who spout the "half day" quip don't start until 9.00am and are gone by 5.30pm at the latest.

Theres someone I work with who starts early every day. So she finishes early too. That's grand. But because the rest of us might arrive an hour after her, she feels the need to announce to us several times before she leaves that she arrived at 8 or whatever. As if we are going to judge her for leaving at 4 if we dont leave until 5. Shut up Dorris, we all know you do f*ck all while you're here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    Theres someone I work with who starts early every day. So she finishes early too. That's grand. But because the rest of us might arrive an hour after her, she feels the need to announce to us several times before she leaves that she arrived at 8 or whatever. As if we are going to judge her for leaving at 4 if we dont leave until 5. Shut up Dorris, we all know you do f*ck all while you're here anyway.

I worked with the opposite, arrive in at 10, take full lunch break, then act the martyr at around 5 when everyone else would be putting on their jackets..... Yeah Mrs you've clocked 6 hrs I'm over 8, see ya tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Obviously my pleasant demeanour attracts all the beggars in town. Earlier in town every one tried to hit me for money. But there is only one I try to look after, a Brazilian woman named Maria. I always buy her food and water when I see her. The rest just want to buy drugs to booze.

The love for spiders over in the TH thread. Sickos! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

The love for spiders over in the TH thread. Sickos! :D:D

They are fascinating creatures and the intelligence for such a small creature has is amazing.Now as for the camel spider no kill it with fire is my response,heh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

When I come to a pedestrian crossing to let people cross and I see in my mirror some adult with a child crossing behind the car. What lesson are they teaching the child?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Went out back to get coal... shovelling at coal bunker..at the lid blows down and catches me on the head...ouch..sore
    ...lifted it and kept shovelling..and it falls and hits me full on...I've a feckin goose-egg of a bump now and swearing like a sailor

Went out back to get coal... shovelling at coal bunker..at the lid blows down and catches me on the head...ouch..sore
    ...lifted it and kept shovelling..and it falls and hits me full on...I've a feckin goose-egg of a bump now and swearing like a sailor

Ah that's more than an annoyance. Hope your heads ok. Get some ice on it and tell anyone you live with you might have concussion and insist they do all further work for the night. ;) Try to get a cup of tea outta them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ah that's more than an annoyance. Hope your heads ok. Get some ice on it and tell anyone you live with you might have concussion and insist they do all further work for the night. ;) Try to get a cup of tea outta them as well.

Good thinking ! Unfortunately I don't drink tea....or coffee....or milk...I'm odd as fck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Good thinking ! Unfortunately I don't drink tea....or coffee....or milk...I'm odd as fck :)

Don't worry ...you will be very at home here .....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hot whiskies ? Worth a try !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Why do people walk parallel to a train when it is pulling into a station? I think that is as odd as fck.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

degsie wrote: »
    Why do people walk parallel to a train when it is pulling into a station? I think that is as odd as fck.

Walkin VERTICALLY to a moving train could be ...uh ...not advisable ?

Just sayin....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomil

Speaking for me personally, it's for three reasons:

A) I have a reservation and want to get as close to the coach with my reserved seat.

B) Trying to simply get to an empty, or less crowded part of the train.

C) I'm trying to get to a part of the train that is closer to the station exit at my destination.

I picked up all three of these habits back in Austria and Germany, but it's kinda hard to get rid of them :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Because if they walk perpendicular to the train they might step over the edge of the platform and under the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA. Noticed some kind of tarry substance in a 20cent sized splotch on my fireplace. Impatiently scraped it off with my nail a bit vigorously and drove it under my nail. I have a black half moon under my thumbnail. I have short nails so there's nowhere to go with nail clippers. Its right between nailbed and nail.

TA I was drifting off an hour ago but kept waking myself up somehow. 3am is the witching hour, 4am is the annoying hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Paying to reserve a train ticket only to get on the train and hear an announcement that the seat reservation system isn't working so ''sit where you find a seat'. Oh and the absolutely disgusting dirt birds who throw rubbish around trains. I felt so sorry for the cleaning lady who was boarding the train as I was getting off it yesterday evening. Some asshole had crushed a tube of pringles all over the carpet, there were bottles rolling around on the floor, a toilet roll on a table and discarded rubbish all over the carriage and that was only one carriage.

Oh and the inconsiderate mammy who stood in the hall and let her toddler run up and down a carriage unsupervised while he annoyed people pulling at them and their stuff, if people can't be arsed to take care of their kids then don't bloody have them. I think that she got on at Portlaoise so she was probably visiting some scrote in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

thomil wrote: »
    Speaking for me personally, it's for three reasons:

A) I have a reservation and want to get as close to the coach with my reserved seat.

B) Trying to simply get to an empty, or less crowded part of the train.

C) I'm trying to get to a part of the train that is closer to the station exit at my destination.

I picked up all three of these habits back in Austria and Germany, but it's kinda hard to get rid of them :pac:

Yeah true, but watch next time. As soon as the train is pulling in, people almost instinctively en mass walk in the SAME direction (zombie like) as the slow moving train. You NEVER see people walk in the other direction. It's bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know what you mean Degsie. Possibly same ones who lurch out of seats and to the carriage doors before the train has pulled in and stand swaying from the poles. I think they press the door button too. Drones give me a giggle.

They do that ^^^ on buses too.I give them the death stare if they start forcing past instead of letting people get off in order. Cant stand people who act like life's a scrum.

TA I smoked an emergency B&H and didn't enjoy it so I want another one because it's unfinished business

Whatever Sunday enter any café in a town or city to encounter an environment where the ALL the other patrons are just there simply to pass the time away on a Sunday. Two to Five bored kids from more than one family are running around the place annoying other customers.

The restrooms need attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Spent half the weekend changing email address for (hopefully) all my logins. Got an email to the old address from one of the service providers who made me provide PayPal transaction ids and account balance information to prove who I was, asking how was the service with the chat rep.

I am anticipating a few companies will have separate correspondence databases that won’t get updated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Whatever Sunday enter any café in a town or city to encounter an environment where the ALL the other patrons are just there simply to pass the time away on a Sunday. Two to Five bored kids from more than one family are running around the place annoying other customers.

The restrooms need attention.

Why do the yanks call the toilets "restrooms"? I've never seen anyone have a rest in a toilet.

That in this day and age a restaurant you may be interested in visiting does not have a website or even just a google link to their menu up.

Why would I take the chance in traveling to a new spot only to find the menu’s crap?! Post your menus ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm trivially annoyed that I might be getting to old for gigs (or they're too young for me).

I ventured to Dublin on Friday (having booked into a lovely hotel), went to the gig in The Button Factory, but had the following 'observations':
      • It was absolutely roasting! (yet lads with long hair were covering their heads with thick woolly hats). I used to have long hair, but I never compounded the situation! :pac:
      • An annoying person (and his 'buddy') were chatting all the way through the gig. I was a big fan of their cigarette breaks, though. :rolleyes:
      • Afterwards, I sat down on a couch by the cloakroom, to cool down outside of the 'music' area (but in the venue), but some lad tripped and spilled his drink on me, as I got a leg cramp. I couldn't extend by go-go-gadget long leg to deal with the situation (but should have just stood up, in retrospect). Leg-Cramp!!!

Gwynplaine wrote: »
      Why do the yanks call the toilets "restrooms"? I've never seen anyone have a rest in a toilet.

Murican influence and these coffee chains with a few grainy black and white images from the 1070s inside.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When you are driving along minding your own business and then.bang bang bang.youre driving on big bone shaking cats eyes.shakes the living sh1te out of you and the car.
      Also above ground cats eyes.hate them.i like the ones they sink in the ground
      I’m mighty mighty fed up of this bastad weather too.damaging winds and plenty of fixing to be done after it.ive a gate in sh1te since morning that will take an age to fix when the wind finally fcuks right off.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement