Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Selling something handmade for €28
    Private message asking "would you do it for €15, I'm in Kerry"

I wouldn't mind if they asked about a discount (usually people don't expect one unless buying at least 2 items though) but asking if they can buy it for about half the price, and what does the location have to do with it?
    They're made to order items so obviously its a set price and calculated to cover materials etc.

No upbringing, some people

But you dare to charge for your creativity, skill and time. Most Irish people think they should pay the same for craft as they would for some tat imported from China.
    I observed a woman at Tullamore Show last year trying to get a huge discount on beautifully turned wood clocks. They were well designed and made and had quality clock works.
    He tried to expalin the time and effort imvolved but she was having none of it.
    Sure wasn't he using wood from dead trees that were just lying around.

He eventually asked her to move on, far more politely than I would have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The Best Love Song Ever thread interfered with a good nights sleep ... trips down memory lane. Bring me my slippers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

In the mornings when you walk past your place of work (I do because there is a nice coffee shop 50 yards beyond the work gate) - and you meet a colleague coming in the opposite direction (on their way to work) who invariably quips “you’re going the wrong way! Work is that way!”

And thinks they’re hilarious

Pricks
    Worse than that is when customers come up to you for a chat when you're on your lunch break. I used to work in a shop and I'd go sit on a bench and have a ciggy in the days when I still smoked. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy your ciggy to blow off some stress from dealing with awkward customers than having them come up to you for a chat when you're on your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I just received an email to say I missed am attempted delivery of a parcel yesterday.

It wasn’t due to be delivered until next Tuesday and there was no missed delivery notification put through the letterbox.

I just tried tracking the number on their website and it says it’s an invalid number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I just received an email to say I missed am attempted delivery of a parcel yesterday.

It wasn’t due to be delivered until next Tuesday and there was no missed delivery notification put through the letterbox.

I just tried tracking the number on their website and it says it’s an invalid number.

Try it here.

https://m.17track.net/en

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »

Thanks, just tried and it said the number can’t be found :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

wildwillow wrote: »
    But you dare to charge for your creativity, skill and time. Most Irish people think they should pay the same for craft as they would for some tat imported from China.
    I observed a woman at Tullamore Show last year trying to get a huge discount on beautifully turned wood clocks. They were well designed and made and had quality clock works.
    He tried to expalin the time and effort imvolved but she was having none of it.
    Sure wasn't he using wood from dead trees that were just lying around.

He eventually asked her to move on, far more politely than I would have done.

Yes exactly. I was always slightly awed by people who make things by hand and would never dream of asking for a reduction. I'd say it must be disheartening for people like the woodtyrner standing there all day probably dealing with tyre kickers every time as well as (hopefully) genuinely interested people.
    I wonder if they ask for 50% off their groceries at the checkout!

Wouldnt mind but its the most complicated design I spent months trying to learn and perfect, and its a very secretive industry (for want of the right word). Eventually I received guidance over videos from two older Americans who basically gave me their trade secrets because they knew I was either very dedicated or driving myself mad. Even if I felt exasperated enough to practically give away my work its the fact that their years of experimentation went into it to develop the technique that stops me.

I politely told the person the price is as low as possible to cover materials time etc and they then asked if the exact item pictured is available. I haven't heard back yet.

Another work TA. Told someone Im dyeing textiles and they said oh very good. Natural dyes I hope.
    Yes sometimes but for several reasons natural dyes are A) not always as healthy as perceived
    B) you can't often do direct application dyeing which means you can only vat dye and cannot make the patterns and designs you'd make with fibre reactive dyes (my everyday dyes). Its a lovely idea but not everything needs to be made fromprimitive basic materials to be reasonably eco friendly. He was wearing head to toe polyester and plastic himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This winter weather. Its endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

In the mornings when you walk past your place of work (I do because there is a nice coffee shop 50 yards beyond the work gate) - and you meet a colleague coming in the opposite direction (on their way to work) who invariably quips “you’re going the wrong way! Work is that way!”

And thinks they’re hilarious

Pricks
    Or when you come in after them and they shout some quip about a half day etc. F*ck off... I'm not outside lighting up cancer sticks every hour and wasting company time.

Thanks, just tried and it said the number can’t be found :(

Damn, I'm TA about your package now :mad:

• Advertisement

Damn, I'm TA about your package now :mad:

The email said it was with DPD, it An Post just delivered it, thank you for the help :)

My TA is I have no TA to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking home yesterday, I was crossing at the usual place.
    This is a couple of shops with on street parking in front, in order to see the traffic coming, ppl have to stand on the road at the car spaces on in one of the spaces to see over the already parked cars.

Yesterday I stood in one of the vacant car spaces and waited for the few cars I could see to pass, as I do a lady stopped and tried to reverse into the space I was standing in tatata. With my dyspraxia I couldn't tell how close to me she was and my brain started to scream that she was going to hit me.

This forced me to move out into the road, where thankfully the van she was holding up by parking was waiting.

All she had to do was drive a couple of meters and she would have been able to park safely and not give me heart failure in the process.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The email said it was with DPD, it An Post just delivered it, thank you for the help :)

Yeah it was starting to bother me so I rang them and told them they had better deliver your package today or else!! :pac:

TA cigarette craving

Yeah it was starting to bother me so I rang them and told them they had better deliver your package today or else!! :pac:

My hero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or when you come in after them and they shout some quip about a half day etc. F*ck off... I'm not outside lighting up cancer sticks every hour and wasting company time.

Or leave "early". We have flexible working so sometimes I will come in at around 7.15am and head home at 4.30pm. Generally the people who spout the "half day" quip don't start until 9.00am and are gone by 5.30pm at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

At work when you hear clip clopping of shoes and turn around expecting to see a hot woman in high heels only to see a middle aged man wearing clippy cloppy shoes :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A phone call from one of my brother's, he's fixated on local deaths.
    In the call he asked me to look up a death announcement for someone who lives in his estate, looked it up and noone of that name to be found on the site, knowing his hearing is kaput, I tried names that sound like that, I got a response for the one of these guesse's and told him the deets.

Handing up he asked if I was sure as he heard x (wrong name) name?, but no, not a thing at all wrong with his hearing, not a single thing!

TA that it's considered better to annoy siblings rather then take an actual hearing test. Ta2 Families!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who don't put their rubbish into a bin after eating in a fast food restaurant!

TA no actually RAGING. My ex of five years has his little buddies scurrying to him with reports of my activity. 'You were seen". "By my sources."
    Should be a law against this.

• Advertisement

TA no actually RAGING. My ex of five years has his little buddies scurrying to him with reports of my activity. 'You were seen". "By my sources."
    Should be a law against this.

Yep that's more than TA. Can you not just ignore your Ex, block his number?

People who don't put their rubbish into a bin after eating in a fast food restaurant!

This. Also people who leave all their wrappers sitting in the cinema seats.

Yep that's more than TA. Can you not just ignore your Ex, block his number?

Ignore most of the time but no he would turn up if he couldnt reach me at all. Its complicated (isnt it always)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Many of my family members call magazines 'books' and call me a snob when I correct them! :Mad:

TA whether to burn my dragon head candle or leave it look pretty on the mantelpiece.
    The inner conflict.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Many of my family members call magazines 'books' and call me a snob when I correct them! :Mad:

I think my father does this. As long as it's not bewks.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Getting caught in the rain, on the bright side would that count as a shower ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Trying to cross over to the other side of the street and there’s cars too near you to try crossing but yet they take AGES to pass you by.
    In my head, I’m fuming .... ‘Will you drive the fkin thing!’ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Walking the dog, getting ready to light up a cigar. When an unannounced sneeze hit causing it to rocket into a puddle, and it was the only one I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Getting caught in the rain, on the bright side would that count as a shower ? :)

Do you like Pina Coladas too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement