Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Google and their ads like this one
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2020/02/14/aliensmight-have-placed-beacon-centre-milky-way-say-scientists/
    Really ,why do 'scientists' 'believe' this to be to be the case? Absolute sh1te talk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a promo for the next Bond film which features the new theme song. If it was in black and white it could pass for one of those arty, pretentious perfume ads. Looks like the film will be caca :(

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why do the yanks call the toilets "restrooms"? I've never seen anyone have a rest in a toilet.
    Or bathrooms? Never seen a bath in a public toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hailstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My laptop!

Only used these days for transferring pictures off the camera.

From day 1 many moons ago, the cursor sticks into magnifying mode, so the screen is increasing, decreasing, increasing... Ffs give my head peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I saw a promo for the next Bond film which features the new theme song. If it was in black and white it could pass for one of those arty, pretentious perfume ads. Looks like the film will be caca :(

I cannot wait to see the day that Daniel Craig is no longer Bond. I hated the first film with him as Bond so much that I haven't watched any of the others with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Passing food around at an extended family gathering,
    I overheard a pair talking about a well know radio personality, the man said that the personality was mad into poodles and the Inla.

Ta'ed I didnt get the opportunity to find out what he actually meant to say.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Bredabe wrote: »
    Passing food around at an extended family gathering,
    I overheard a pair talking about a well know radio personality, the man said that the personality was mad into poodles and the Inla.

Ta'ed I didnt get the opportunity to find out what he actually meant to say.

I think I know the "personality" you are referring to ..

I know that they love BEEF STRUDEL and travel to INDIA......suggest you check the BATTERIES ON YOUR HEARING AID !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The total shítshow that is the Caroline Flack thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Guy Person wrote: »

All the rip threads descend into chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Youtube videos with long intros.

Just get to the information!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Northern cans of Guinness. Because they're 440ml there seems to be a tad too much gas in the widget thing leaving too much of a head :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

The Flack thread, we all have done wrong to someone in our lives, so IMO none of us has the right to judge another. She is dead and her family is grieving, leave it at that. No one here knew her on a personal level. So judge yourself before doing it to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

People who only shower once or twice a week and when they do they spend at least 30 minutes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

selfish absolute ARSEHOLE NEIGHBOURS who put their bins out at7pm on the night of storm dennis and their **** gets blown all over the road and they ignore it and then the bloody bin rolls over and it all empties and the bloody bin blows around up and down the street for hours banging off everyones parked cars and paintwork and they are sitting with their curtains open in their front room just not arsed. I will TA them into their own coffins if thus keeps up.I was going to cellotspe their refuse to their front door snd windows when they did it ( again) last week. TA serious understatement.

People slurping tea..

Jesus Christ!!..

People slurping tea goes absolutely f*cking through me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

selfish absolute ARSEHOLE NEIGHBOURS who put their bins out at7pm on the night of storm dennis and their **** gets blown all over the road and they ignore it and then the bloody bin rolls over and it all empties and the bloody bin blows around up and down the street for hours banging off everyones parked cars and paintwork and they are sitting with their curtains open in their front room just not arsed. I will TA them into their own coffins if thus keeps up.I was going to cellotspe their refuse to their front door snd windows when they did it ( again) last week. TA serious understatement.

I hate your neighbours too! They sound like real cnuts! :pac:

Give me your address, I'll be around in a while to help you! :D Can we set their sh!t on fire too? It's only fair!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Go to a public toilet, no coat hook or some eejit thought he would stick it to the man and break the coat hook off.

Toilets in work and people taking the toilet roll home with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vittu

People in Lidl who have to bag a weeks worth of shopping before they pay for it ensuring the next person cannot pay for their items and be gone. I feel like saying something but it's really not worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Your Face wrote: »
    Youtube videos with long intros.

Just get to the information!

And the constant calls to 'like and subscribe and enable notifications'
    Eh No, no and no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The Flack thread, we all have done wrong to someone in our lives, so IMO none of us has the right to judge another. She is dead and her family is grieving, leave it at that. No one here knew her on a personal level. So judge yourself before doing it to others.

Just TA in general at those threads and the posters on them as if anyone who actually knew and loved the girl gives a toss what posters on Boards say. Whether its RIP or saying mean things or defending her or whatever. Nobody who actually knew her even sees this stuff yet half the nation (it seems) is squabbling about it in Boards as if it is what they think that matters.

People slurping tea..

Jesus Christ!!..

plus a big hissy 'ahhhh' noise after each slurp.
    It is a toss up for me between noisy eaters and noisy drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People slurping tea..

Jesus Christ!!..

What about knife lickers? Or even worse, double dippers?

OH wears socks to bed then kicks them off at night. When you go to change the bedclothes there does be loads of socks falling out.

Guy Person wrote: »
    It is spilling out into numerous other threads and taking them over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OH wears socks to bed then kicks them off at night. When you go to change the bedclothes there does be loads of socks falling out.

I do this and am always wondering where my socks got to or why I can't get matching pairs as they are usually hiding in my duvet cover after washing!

More bed based annoyances, oh sometimes brushes her hair in bed leaving stray hairs on the sheets and it gets my goat something awful.

Puts her freezing cold feet on my legs to warm them up, i'm not a bloody hot water bottle.

Rolls over and steals all the blanket and holds it in a vice like grip while asleep

Digs me in the ribs with her elbow or knee when she climbs over me for a pee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Getting ignored and patronised by my other half, only 3 days after blow jobs, dinners, flower buying and general shenanigans. Not necessarily in that particular order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Expected visitor can't give me an e.t.a for good reasons, but its still TA. Sometime today or this eve is all I know.

• Advertisement

Household items that don't perform the one and only task for which they are designed. Absolutely boils my piss that some of the stuff ever even makes it to market..........

[snip]

I mean, the vast majority of these things......that's all they're designed to do, and they fail miserably.

YOU HAD ONE F*CKING JOB!

Following on from this post, a number of others which have come to light recently......

Ice cube trays, from which it is impossible to extract the ice
    Ice cube trays which crack and shatter as you twist and bang them to get the ice out
    Ketchup/mayo squeezy bottles that have 1/3rd of the sauce still in the bottle but it won't come out no matter how much you try
    Teapots/jugs/measuring containers that don't pour properly and the liquid dribbles down the outside
    frying pans that have raised centres so the butter/oil pools around the edges where it is coldest
    Veg peelers that can't withstand a little bit of pressure and fall apart
    Sinks/plugholes that get clogged for no reason
    Ironing boards that aren't fit for purpose
    "Dog" toys that fall apart after 2 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement