Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭banie01

But he is the worst!

He's bigly best at being the worst tho!
    No1!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

BloodBath wrote: »
    The majority of them were slave owners so they can't really judge anyone.

All presidents lie btw. Obama was just very good at it. Trump isn't.
    The majority of Founding Fathers opposed slavery and put slavery on the path to ultimate extinction.

You do know England and her colonies didn’t abolish slavery until 1833, right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’d say that honor would be a tie between James Buchanan and Barack Obama.

Well of course YOU would, you wear orange tinted glasses when it comes to Trump the lying buffoon!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    When was this now?

He wasn't exactly bi-partisan in his last go around the role now was he?
    Back in 1991 Barr was confirmed as Attorney General by the Senate with 57 democrats in the majority. And he was confirmed on a voice vote (which means there were no objections).

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

The majority of Founding Fathers opposed slavery and put slavery on the path to ultimate extinction.

32 years before the US.

• Advertisement

32 years before the US.
    I think enslaved Africans were transported in British vessels for the slave trade into the 1860’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Back in 1991 Barr was confirmed as Attorney General by the Senate with 57 democrats in the majority. And he was confirmed on a voice vote (which means there were no objections).

Wasn’t this vote done by the senate judiciary committee, with a vote of 14-0. Don’t see what your 57 Dems was supposed to prove.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I think enslaved Africans were transported in British vessels for the slave trade into the 1860’s.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1561464920070322

Wasn’t this vote done by the senate judiciary committee, with a vote of 14-0. Don’t see what your 57 Dems was supposed to prove.
    Yes, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Joe Biden stated "I know of no one on the Democratic side asking for a roll call vote" and "I see no need for one."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’d say that honor would be a tie between James Buchanan and Barack Obama.

Why was Obama one of the worst?

Copy and paste not allowed!

• Advertisement

Oh, so you think since Britain, who even though abolished slavery but supported the cause of the Confederacy and agreed to transport slaves for the South’s slave trade was okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Opposed slavery yet owned slaves. Sure.

Oh, so you think since Britain, who even though abolished slavery but supported the cause of the Confederacy and agreed to transport slaves for the South’s slave trade was okay?

I never said that, just pointing out that you were wrong.....again.

Yes, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Joe Biden stated "I know of no one on the Democratic side asking for a roll call vote" and "I see no need for one."

I don’t really see what your point is with this to be honest. Barr has always had the belief that the presidential authority should be unlimited, it just so happens he is getting his chance to test it with the most incompetent president in American history.

Don’t forget Barr only got the role after sending Trump a 30 page love letter.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I never said that, just pointing out that you were wrong.....again.
    Show me where I was wrong.

Why was Obama one of the worst?

Copy and paste not allowed!
    He created the largest deficit in our history, he oversaw the worst economic recovery (6.5 years for employment to return to pre-recession levels), he weaponized the government against his enemies, he created a surveillance state, and... ObamaCare.

I don’t really see what your point is with this to be honest. Barr has always had the belief that the presidential authority should be unlimited, it just so happens he is getting his chance to test it with the most incompetent president in American history.

Don’t forget Barr only got the role after sending Trump a 30 page love letter.
    Point is the democrats, who held a vast majority of the Senate, had no objection to Barr being unanimously approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

And why is Trump the 'most incompetent president in American history?' Form what he has accomplished in only three years he might be the most competent president in America history.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Some would consider Trump a genius.

His immigrant wife doesn't even think that, if she wasn't trapped in the White House she'd be well gone.

Boggles wrote: »
    His immigrant wife doesn't even think that, if she wasn't trapped in the White House she'd be well gone.
    When did you become her confidant? You've been holding out on us, haven't you? :pac:

He created the largest deficit in our history, he oversaw the worst economic recovery (6.5 years for employment to return to pre-recession levels), he weaponized the government against his enemies, he created a surveillance state, and... ObamaCare.

Trumps deficit is a TRILLION a year when the economy is supposedly going at full speed.
    Obama rescued the banking, automobile and housing industries and overall the USA itself.
    Unemployment went from over 10% to 4.6% under Obama.
    A huge recovery.
    1.5 million jobs less comparing Obama’s last 3 years and Trumps first 3.
    Is Obamacare gone?

• Advertisement

Point is the democrats, who held a vast majority of the Senate, had no objection to Barr being unanimously approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

And why is Trump the 'most incompetent president in American history?' Form what he has accomplished in only three years he might be the most competent president in America history.

Please don’t post that list of supposed accomplishments. In only 3 years, Trump has turned America into a laughing stock. Trump inherited a surging economy from Obama, and has tried to take credit for everything. Christ he was taking credit for the economy as soon as he took office.

Please don’t post that list of supposed accomplishments. In only 3 years, Trump has turned America into a laughing stock. Trump inherited a surging economy from Obama, and has tried to take credit for everything. Christ he was taking credit for the economy as soon as he took office.
    That's why you consider him the 'most incompetent president in American history?' I guess that answer is a tad better than nothing at all.

That's why you consider him the 'most incompetent president in American history?' I guess that answer is a tad better than nothing at all.

He is considered 'most incompetent president in American history?' Because he IS 'most incompetent president in American history!'

Trumps deficit is a TRILLION a year when the economy is supposedly going at full speed.
    Obama rescued the banking, automobile and housing industries and overall the USA itself.
    Unemployment went from over 10% to 4.6% under Obama.
    A huge recovery.
    1.5 million jobs less comparing Obama’s last 3 years and Trumps first 3.
    Is Obamacare gone?
    And just now it is being reported that America’s longest war might have come to an end with the US and Taliban reaching a formal truce agreement. How will you spin that to give Obama all the credit?

He is considered 'most incompetent president in American history?' Because he IS 'most incompetent president in American history!'
    Well then I guess aliens exist because aliens DO exits.

He is an embarrassment as a president, and as a person. But the biggest embarrassment of all, are his enablers.

And just now it is being reported that America’s longest war might have come to an end with the US and Taliban reaching a formal truce agreement. How will you spin that to give Obama all the credit?

Give us a shout when its confirmed.

Continuation of Obama's great work by the looks of things

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN0W62QN

Well then I guess aliens exist because aliens DO exits.

It's not proven aliens exist (although 62% of Americans believe they do)

Trump proves almost every day that he is the most incompetent president ever.

So zero response to the facts I posted.
    I for one am shocked.

Who started the war in Afghanistan?
    Also....might?

• Advertisement

Advertisement