Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FUE Hair Transplant

Options
  • 05-01-2020 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Anybody had this done? Price in Ireland and UK is way too expensive considering Turkey. Need advice and tips. Would appreciate help and where to look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omar82

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Anybody had this done? Price in Ireland and UK is way too expensive considering Turkey. Need advice and tips. Would appreciate help and where to look.

I’m looking into it myself. Turkey seems to be 20% of the cost of the likes of HRBR, but I’m nervous about going there to have it done for the obvious reasons.

Smile clinic in Istanbul seems to get good reviews but again hard to know if they’re genuine or not.

Can you post here if you get any further info as I’m in the exact same boat as yourself by the sounds of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Omar82 wrote: »
    I’m looking into it myself. Turkey seems to be 20% of the cost of the likes of HRBR, but I’m nervous about going there to have it done for the obvious reasons.

Smile clinic in Istanbul seems to get good reviews but again hard to know if they’re genuine or not.

Can you post here if you get any further info as I’m in the exact same boat as yourself by the sounds of it

I'll look Into smile. Have also come across another place called Qunomedical which get a lot of good reviews also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

Do not go through Quon medical. They are a middleman and dont aleays give best advice.

They run the Hair loss Crusaders fb which i would recommend joining.However be aware that the group is heavily censored and bad reviews are not allowed.Also youre not allowed mention any clinics which they dont rep for.

The Hair loss Conquerers fb group is a much better group.It was set up by ex members of the other group who saw through the whole charade.People are very supportive of eachother.

The main thing is to do lots of research.
    Dont jump into anything,there are literally 100s of clinics is Istanbul and Smile is not one of the good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

HBC08 wrote: »
    Do not go through Quon medical. They are a middleman and dont aleays give best advice.

They run the Hair loss Crusaders fb which i would recommend joining.However be aware that the group is heavily censored and bad reviews are not allowed.Also youre not allowed mention any clinics which they dont rep for.

The Hair loss Conquerers fb group is a much better group.It was set up by ex members of the other group who saw through the whole charade.People are very supportive of eachother.

The main thing is to do lots of research.
    Dont jump into anything,there are literally 100s of clinics is Istanbul and Smile is not one of the good ones.

Thanks for the advice. This does go against everything I been researching for the last few months. Basically everything I thought was good is not and Qunomedical isn't great? I'm at a loss to be honest. One person says one clinic is great, another says it's rubbish. One person recommends a certain Dr. Another says stay away from them. I don't know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

If you want to be sure pay the extra money and have it done by a reputable doc such as feridini or bisanga in belgium, alot of horror stories from turkey with overharvesting, a lad at work went and tbh he has patches on his donor area now where he was over harvested, i went to Dr nel in dublin at 6 months so cant say final results yet but i really would not have been comfortable going to turkey and airports and all that comes with it. For the sake of a few thousand euro more i stayed here and had such a hassle free experience but i wont know final results for few months yet.

• Advertisement

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    If you want to be sure pay the extra money and have it done by a reputable doc such as feridini or bisanga in belgium, alot of horror stories from turkey with overharvesting, a lad at work went and tbh he has patches on his donor area now where he was over harvested, i went to Dr nel in dublin at 6 months so cant say final results yet but i really would not have been comfortable going to turkey and airports and all that comes with it. For the sake of a few thousand euro more i stayed here and had such a hassle free experience but i wont know final results for few months yet.

I agree with most of this but I wouldnt/didnt have procedure in Ireland.
    if youre looking at the €2k price range in Turkey then you are taking a risk.The dr will draw the hairline and thats it.So you have a team of techs (qualifications for techs in Turkey are laughable ) performing a complicated medical procedure on you,its madness.What i will say is the tech could have preformed 100s of ops and be good,or you could have a guy on his first day,its not worth the risk.
    If you pay a bit more say €3-4k you can minimise the risks by getting the dr to make the incisions and maybe a bit more like do some of the extractions and implanting and maybe be in the room directing techs for a portion of the op.
    After that you are looking at medium to high end surgeons and paying per graft.

My recommendation would be Fue capillar in Istanbul.Very unusual in that its a completely dr led op from start to finish,he even does the entire implantation himself (this is never done entirely by dr even if you paying €15k plus)
    I havent been to him myself but that sounds good to me.Lots of pics and reviews on the hair conquerers fb group.

Hope this helps.

iebamm2580 wrote: »

Can i ask how many grafts and price please?

By the way this was my experience with Irish clinics
    I had contacted Blackrock and i knew they were expensive,however after much vagueness and back and forth emails they eventually admitted their price to me.....€10 per graft,the most expensive i found anywhere in the world after 2 years of research!
    I also had an in person consultation with another crowd Ailsbury Hair Clinic.Put me off immediately as they were talking in terms of hairs rather than grafts,the also got a bit defensive when i started asking some in depth questions.They wanted €5k for 3000 "hairs "Also they didnt recommend or prescribe finiesteride.
    its a minefield out there!

ps,If staying in Ireland Dr Nel whilst not cheap seems to be a good option.

@iebamm,
    I tried to pm you but your message box is full

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Miky10

Nodferatu wrote: »

Check out tir na nÒg clinic they are a fraction of the price of HRBR and the are based in north Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

I too can vouch for Tir na Nog clinic.

Was in there last week with Dr Kevin and he really knows his stuff. Also much much cheaper than Blackrock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Stem Cell Micro Transplantation:

http://www.vie-aesthetics.com/5-things-you-must-know-about-hairloss-and-hairgrowth/

Anyone know much about this?
    I thought this type of treatment was not available yet? They charge £2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 paddyuibh

Hi Guys.

Im looking at getting mine done to, if I was to guess I'd say Id need 4-5000 grafts.

Ive emailed both Ailsbury Clinic and Tir Na Nog clinics.

Ailsbury only do FUE treatment and tir na nog does both FUE/FUT.

Ailsbury told me that average cost with them is 5000k. €50 assessment fee. Tir na nog gives free assessment along with price.

Has anyone experience witj either?

Any good? Cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

By the way this was my experience with Irish clinics
    I had contacted Blackrock and i knew they were expensive,however after much vagueness and back and forth emails they eventually admitted their price to me.....€10 per graft,the most expensive i found anywhere in the world after 2 years of research!
    I also had an in person consultation with another crowd Ailsbury Hair Clinic.Put me off immediately as they were talking in terms of hairs rather than grafts,the also got a bit defensive when i started asking some in depth questions.They wanted €5k for 3000 "hairs "Also they didnt recommend or prescribe finiesteride.
    its a minefield out there!

ps,If staying in Ireland Dr Nel whilst not cheap seems to be a good option.

Not prescribing finesterise was one of the main reasons I went with them for mine. The potential negative side effects of finesteride is not something I could ever subject myself to. They prescribe saw palmetto as their DHT blocker. A more natural remedy with no known side effects. Actually its shown to also be beneficial in keeping a healthy prostate, double win!

It's just over 3 months since I had my transplant with ailesbury. Happy enough so far. Little hairs are just starting to poke through the skin. Fingers crossed it all keeps going well

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommy Pickle

I've have just had mine done with Dr Nel 2 weeks ago.

He is definitely not cheap and its borderline whether I feel its value for money to be honest, However you do get great service, its a very easy experience and the whole process fills you with confidence. His consultation fee is €200, he explains everything to you in this, how many grafts you need, and gives you a prescription for finasteride if you want to take it (there is no point in getting it done if you aren't taking a DHT blocker that works).

I have a friend who got it done in Turkey, came back and still didn't know about DHT blockers, that finasteride even existed, didn't know that the new hairs would fall out and regrow as thin baby hairs making it a long term project. They told him absolutely nothing, took his money, moved the hair around and dropped him back to the hotel. But to be fair he paid really small money for it so perhaps it was value for money.

Rikand wrote: »
    Not prescribing finesterise was one of the main reasons I went with them for mine. The potential negative side effects of finesteride is not something I could ever subject myself to. They prescribe saw palmetto as their DHT blocker. A more natural remedy with no known side effects. Actually its shown to also be beneficial in keeping a healthy prostate, double win!

It's just over 3 months since I had my transplant with ailesbury. Happy enough so far. Little hairs are just starting to poke through the skin. Fingers crossed it all keeps going well

The possible negative side effects of finisteride are well known.My point is they didn't even give you the option or explain the pros and cons,just said we dont prescribe it and that was a red flag for me.Its a very important part of hair loss and restoration .
    I took it myself for 8 years with no side effects and great results.I only stopped taking it as was about to start a family and I will go back on it in the future.
    Im currently taken Saw Palleto like yourself.I hope your clinic explained there are no clinical trials at all to say it works with hairloss.
    Anyway,best of luck with it and hope you get a giid result.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Why did you stop taking it when starting a family?

mrcheez wrote: »

It make your sperm watery and it shouldn't come in contact with pregnant women (finisteride,not the sperm!)

It make your sperm watery and it shouldn't come in contact with pregnant women (finisteride,not the sperm!)

Interesting cheers

It hasn't been linked to any fetal abnormalities but it also hasn't been tested in women during pregnancy so it is recommended that if you are planning to sire a child that you go off the Fin for a couple of months prior, just so its out of your system.

And just my 2 cents, my semen isn't any more 'watery' on it.

• Advertisement

It hasn't been linked to any fetal abnormalities but it also hasn't been tested in women during pregnancy so it is recommended that if you are planning to sire a child that you go off the Fin for a couple of months prior, just so its out of your system.

And just my 2 cents, my semen isn't any more 'watery' on it.

If you go off Finasteride doesn't that mean all the hair will fall out and that was being "held back" or am I completely missing the way it works?

I imagine that when you go back on it, the hair doesn't magically regrow.

If you go off Finasteride doesn't that mean all the hair will fall out and that was being "held back" or am I completely missing the way it works?

I imagine that when you go back on it, the hair doesn't magically regrow.

Going off it for a few months doesn't really effect it once you're going back onto it.

And there is no magic, like if you take it today as a 30 year old man that hasn't taken it in his whole life and your hair loss stabilizes or your hair thickens, why wouldn't it continue to be effective after a few months off the drug.

It certainly isn't something that is designed for men to come on and off as they want and keep a good head of hair. The idea is to keep taking it until you don't care about having a good head of hair anymore.

There is a great Youtube Chanel that does videos and addresses all things hair loss from start to finish. Worth a watch for anyone considering any part of the treatments that are out there.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Z6GxYsW9EdvnUjqpGIbQA/videos

I stopped taking finesteride when i was 38 having taking it since the age of 30 or so.Im 41 now and hair loss has greatly speeded up in that time.
    Both the big two (minoxidil and finisteride) are a lifetime commitment.
    Sounds like a lot of hassle but it's not,just have it on the bedside locker and take it first thing the morning.

The possible negative side effects of finisteride are well known.My point is they didn't even give you the option or explain the pros and cons,just said we dont prescribe it and that was a red flag for me.Its a very important part of hair loss and restoration .
    I took it myself for 8 years with no side effects and great results.I only stopped taking it as was about to start a family and I will go back on it in the future.
    Im currently taken Saw Palleto like yourself.I hope your clinic explained there are no clinical trials at all to say it works with hairloss.
    Anyway,best of luck with it and hope you get a giid result.

no clinical trials no, the success of it is all anecdotal. My hair certainly seems a lot thicker around the edges than it did before but I dont know if thats down to the Saw or down to the wonderful shampoos and serums im applying also lol :D

I stopped taking finesteride when i was 38 having taking it since the age of 30 or so.Im 41 now and hair loss has greatly speeded up in that time.
    Both the big two (minoxidil and finisteride) are a lifetime commitment.
    Sounds like a lot of hassle but it's not,just have it on the bedside locker and take it first thing the morning.

The stress of having children can also increase the speed of hair loss too lol :D just as an fyi :p

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Has anyone given DHI a try? I went there the other day and their range is 3-5K.
    They also say that they use Choi pen hair transplant which is like the latest and all procedures are done by Doctors and not technicians.
    The prices look great when compared to Dr Nel and Blackrock.

Oral minoxidil is even more effective than finasteride at regrowth if people want to avoid the side affects of finasteride.

Is that better than the topical variant like foam? My thinking on the topical one is that you're liable to miss parts where it needs to be applied.

Does it cost more than topical and does it need a prescription?

It's much more effective, yes you need a prescription to get it, it was originally prescribed for hypertension so the Doctor needs to check your blood pressure is normal before prescribing. But the amount you take for your hair is much lower than what was prescribed for hypertension.

and roughly what's the cost?

Rikand wrote: »
    no clinical trials no, the success of it is all anecdotal. My hair certainly seems a lot thicker around the edges than it did before but I dont know if thats down to the Saw or down to the wonderful shampoos and serums im applying also lol :D

Yeah it's definitely making my nails grower much quicker as well!
    Im going to take it for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

suave.4u wrote: »
    Has anyone given DHI a try? I went there the other day and their range is 3-5K.
    They also say that they use Choi pen hair transplant which is like the latest and all procedures are done by Doctors and not technicians.
    The prices look great when compared to Dr Nel and Blackrock.

Anyone?

Advertisement