Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Rudys on the main street is nice but city centre prices in the suburbs
    Thai Garden beside the church just off main street is really good and reasonably priced
    Browns Steak house is better than TGI and captain Americas solid if unspectacular steak house

Rudys is my usual for a local date night :D Thai Garden for ladies night, or Forcetta. I haven't been to Browns because Rudy's is nearer and sure their Cote de Boeuf ticks the boxes! I'll add it in the mix next time we're heading out.

Rendez Vous cafe in Ongar is a nice breakfast/brunch option during the week (haven't been on weekends) I've heard the Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart is nice too, will give it a try next time. Tempted to create a reason to visit all independent cafes/restaurants in the area now for comparison!

Would bankrupt myself if we had decent Mexican in D15.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

KGLady wrote: »

Have we a local insiders guide/list on Boards of where's nice to eat out aside from the Centre? I like to support small cafes, coffeeshops and restaurants.
    raheny red wrote: »

* Prob best to set up a separate thread for D15 restaurants.

Ask and you shall receive: Dublin 15 restaurant recommendations thread

Please take any further chat about restaurants to the new restaurant thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Penney's has a new beauty bar. Gel polish removal and reapplication is €22 compared to €30 in the nail and beauty bar beside Subway

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Caranica wrote: »
    Penney's has a new beauty bar. Gel polish removal and reapplication is €22 compared to €30 in the nail and beauty bar beside Subway

Have had mine done twice there so far and impressed both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

A new gym, "fyre gym", opened in coolmine beside go kids go, just joined tonight, very good and a few familiar faces. Owners are two firemen.

https://fyregyms.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Phil.x wrote: »
    A new gym, "fyre gym", opened in coolmine beside go kids go, just joined tonight, very good and a few familiar faces. Owners are two firemen.

https://fyregyms.ie/

Is this right beside the new FlyeFit? Seems like poor timing and location. May have just missed the boat unfortunately, although I hope it succeeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

VonLuck wrote: »
    Is this right beside the new FlyeFit? Seems like poor timing and location. May have just missed the boat unfortunately, although I hope it succeeds.

Yes the adjacent unit/area, flyefit is a victim of its own success, its cheap, fresh, big and as a result its crazy busy, i know a few people who've left and are leaving due to the volume of people and lack of quality bars and plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Disclosure: I know the 2 guys who are behind this gym, used to be a member of the old club.

Its not aiming for the FlyeFit or Ben Dunne demographic.
    It a serious weighlifting/bodybuilding gym setup in the old Animal Barbell facility.
    Have full Crossfit style bar rigs, deadlift/bench stations with Rogue IPF certified plates & huge array of cable machines/heavy dumbbells.

Kickboxing, Calisthenics, Acro Yoga classes in the studio if looking for something different.

Barber also in the place, run by Tony who used to own Academy Barbers in Ongar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

Does Tony not have the Ongar barbers any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Does Tony not have the Ongar barbers any more?

No, he sold off the business to one of the staff end of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

Spice of India on Clonsilla Rd. is being done up at the moment. Was walking the dogs past it last night and noticed. Food is always lovely there but the decor is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

bkeane wrote: »
    Spice of India on Clonsilla Rd. is being done up at the moment. Was walking the dogs past it last night and noticed. Food is always lovely there but the decor is awful.

There’s now a Dublin 15 Restaurants forum- might be worth posting this there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yes the adjacent unit/area, flyefit is a victim of its own success, its cheap, fresh, big and as a result its crazy busy, i know a few people who've left and are leaving due to the volume of people and lack of quality bars and plates.

It's January, that will recede. I joined in December and it was always grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I’ve been in FlyeFit a few times past couple of weeks and hasn’t been too busy.

Could very well be times I go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Insomnia opening in Blanchardstown SC next month. Don't know where specifically, just that they're hiring baristas on Indeed.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

ongarboy wrote: »
    Insomnia opening in Blanchardstown SC next month. Don't know where specifically, just that they're hiring baristas on Indeed.com

Pro: Great hot chocolate.

Con: Usually closes early, insomnia me backside!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mcdonalds coffee where its at

Shame they closed the coffee counter and ruined the seating/layout

jeffk wrote: »
    Mcdonalds coffee where its at

Shame they closed the coffee counter and ruined the seating/layout

Sadly it's some of the best coffee around the Centre. Starbucks, Butler's and now Insomnia are all muck if, like me, you drink it black.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I like the aul costa lattes but not enough to walk across to the westend retail or village. Bother in the arse of nowhere to me when your in the centre :p

Prefer insomnia to Starbucks and won't give butler's the business anymore since their owner is a funder of the Iona institute so delighted it's opening in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Tom Stanley's has reopened near the blue entrance, new unit looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I like the aul costa lattes but not enough to walk across to the westend retail or village. Bother in the arse of nowhere to me when your in the centre :p

Never understood why they opened a second Costa over at that side of Westend. Surely one would've been enough?

I still feel a cafe around or near TK Maxx would do well especially as the craft shop cafe is now gone. That reminds me, Insomnia did have a cafe upstairs in 53degrees North when it was where Mr Price is now but closed after a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You have both Starbucks and Esquires within a minute or two walk from TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ongarboy wrote: »

Probably in Debenhams.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Have had mine done twice there so far and impressed both times.

I take this back. Not long after I posted this I had two of my nails chip (3 days after having them done) I went back down and in fairness they fixed them for free but I've had another 3 break off completely since then like literally just lift off my nail and my nails are so weak and broken now. I won't be going back.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    I take this back. Not long after I posted this I had two of my nails chip (3 days after having them done) I went back down and in fairness they fixed them for free but I've had another 3 break off completely since then like literally just lift off my nail and my nails are so weak and broken now. I won't be going back.

I'm cancelling my appointment there. Heard a nightmare story last night

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm cancelling my appointment there. Heard a nightmare story last night

Can you pm me it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Nice layout for the new Tom Stanley's newsagents in the Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I feel like im at an outdoor concert or event buying something. It's modern

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The first thing I thought when I saw it is it's going to be fleeced...very wide open.

Advertisement