Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

New pharmacy opening in Mulhuddart where Goodwin Saddles beside Aldi used to be. That'll be 3 pharmacies in Mulhuddart. Surely 2 was more than enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

New pharmacy opening in Mulhuddart where Goodwin Saddles beside Aldi used to be. That'll be 3 pharmacies in Mulhuddart. Surely 2 was more than enough?

Yeah I would have taught that too...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Maybe the one across the Rd is moving over to Goodwin building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Where's the second one?

I knew there was one beside spar but can't picture the other?

thomasj wrote: »
    Where's the second one?

I knew there was one beside spar but can't picture the other?

They’re both beside the Spars! One on the Main Street and the other beside the Spar up at the roundabout on Church Road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

They’re both beside the Spars! One on the Main Street and the other beside the Spar up at the roundabout on Church Road

Ah I forgot about the one beside Ladyswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Given the over regulation of the industry vs other countries on the supply and pricing of normally non-prescription goods (some might say due to very successful lobbying by rent seeking members of the profession...) there's plenty of business for an over subscription of pharmacies all over Ireland. Drive through some towns in the country, let alone densely packed suburban areas, and you'll see pharmacies facing one another up and down a main street. In Ardee there was clearly a family falling out or something as two pharmacies facing one another across the main street are run by members of the same family.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are towns with two pharmacies run by the same family to stop another family getting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

L1011 wrote: »
    There are towns with two pharmacies run by the same family to stop another family getting in!

Most likely what's happening. Dunnes Stores and Starbucks are known to do this too!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ongarboy wrote: »
    Most likely what's happening. Dunnes Stores and Starbucks are known to do this too!

The Starbucks business model is to saturate an area with their shops to force any others around to close. After they've got a monopoly they'll generally close the worst performing of their own stores leaving customers with fewer coffee shops than there were before they arrived and with no choice. It's pretty ruthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Easons selling up in the centre https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/eason-puts-blanchardstown-centre-store-on-market-at-16m-1.4146558?mode=amp

It also mentions in there about a Hollister shop opening opposite Easons

Nolimits wrote: »
    Easons selling up in the centre

At least they’re leasing it back so won’t be shutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

At least they’re leasing it back so won’t be shutting.

Leasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Easons selling up in the centre https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/eason-puts-blanchardstown-centre-store-on-market-at-16m-1.4146558?mode=amp

Good to hear those long vacant units opposite Easons upstairs are being occupied again. Hollister will be a big draw.

Yes, Easons are selling most of their properties that they previously owned including their main O'Connell St branch and leasing them back as tenants. It's more lucrative for them to sell and subsequently rent rather than sit on these massively valuable sites. They will not be leaving Blanch anytime soon!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hollister are in a downward spiral fashion-wise so not the big draw they were when they went to Dundrum but anything is better than the crap popups or boarded over units

• Registered Users Posts: 27,201 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Article mentions nine new restaurants on Level 2, presume this is the development at the blue entrance.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Article mentions nine new restaurants on Level 2, presume this is the development at the blue entrance.

Correct. Since the buses moved to the new interchange a good few years ago, that space outside Burger King, Nandos etc where the taxis reside seems very under utilised and kind of ugly so good to see more life injected into it with these new restaurants.

Still say it needs a food court rather than new restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Food court yes, like the second level in liffey valley , also need to reduce all the dregs standing at the entrance smoking or hanging around. Its a dirty space to have left open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Any confirmation of any decent eateries coming to Dublin 15? I can’t understand with the size of the Blanchardstown Centre there still isn’t a decent place to go for a meal and glass of wine after the cinema or a days shopping. Milano or Wagamama are the only places I’d consider going to, but in reality they’re bland and overpriced, especially the children’s options. Ate in the Ming Court years ago and it was abysmal. Far too many crappy fast food chains all over the Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Any confirmation of any decent eateries coming to Dublin 15? I can’t understand with the size of the Blanchardstown Centre there still isn’t a decent place to go for a meal and glass of wine after the cinema or a days shopping. Milano or Wagamama are the only places I’d consider going to, but in reality they’re bland and overpriced, especially the children’s options. Ate in the Ming Court years ago and it was abysmal. Far too many crappy fast food chains all over the Centre.

Absolutely agree with you, there's too much fast food and Dantes/Milanos/Wagamma are mostly just grand, they're just the best of a forgettable bunch of chain eateries.

Forcetta in the hotel is option in the evenings (from 6pm iirc) if you like Italian, ties in nicely for Cinema/Draiocht and is quiet in the evening. They have kids menu too. Other than that its a case of travelling further afield than the centre. Its frustrating how the centre absorb so much around the locality, and options can be limited if you don't want their chain restaurants, or to have to battle the traffic at certain times of the year.

Have we a local insiders guide/list on Boards of where's nice to eat out aside from the Centre? I like to support small cafes, coffeeshops and restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Any confirmation of any decent eateries coming to Dublin 15? I can’t understand with the size of the Blanchardstown Centre there still isn’t a decent place to go for a meal and glass of wine after the cinema or a days shopping.

Musashi is very good although I'm not sure about their kids offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Food court yes, like the second level in liffey valley , also need to reduce all the dregs standing at the entrance smoking or hanging around. Its a dirty space to have left open.

the food court in liffey valley is horrible !
    And pretty much everything in it is already existing in the BSC already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

KGLady wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you, there's too much fast food and Dantes/Milanos/Wagamma are mostly just grand, they're just the best of a forgettable bunch of chain eateries.

Forcetta in the hotel is option in the evenings (from 6pm iirc) if you like Italian, ties in nicely for Cinema/Draiocht and is quiet in the evening. They have kids menu too. Other than that its a case of travelling further afield than the centre. Its frustrating how the centre absorb so much around the locality, and options can be limited if you don't want their chain restaurants, or to have to battle the traffic at certain times of the year.

Have we a local insiders guide/list on Boards of where's nice to eat out aside from the Centre? I like to support small cafes, coffeeshops and restaurants.

Rudys on the main street is nice but city centre prices in the suburbs
    Thai Garden beside the church just off main street is really good and reasonably priced
    Browns Steak house is better than TGI and captain Americas solid if unspectacular steak house

the food court in liffey valley is horrible !
    And pretty much everything in it is already existing in the BSC already

Im talking about the lay out and the space etc not the food vendors .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

AlanG wrote: »
    Musashi is very good although I'm not sure about their kids offering.

Another shout for Musashi. They've a decent lunch time offer too.

Tried Maximillians (in the village) on a Groupon voucher (or similar) late last year. Fantastic food. Their portions are very generous so go hungry! Pretty sure the 3 course voucher is still available.

* Prob best to set up a separate thread for D15 restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I.would think most places in the blanch centre want a quick turnaround of customers so food places will be of fast food or very basic fare .Can't really see a proper restaurant operating in the main area for long where people might stay for an hour or two .

Whoever owns the new pharmacy in Mulhuddart village used to work in one of the other pharmacies in the area, not sure which one but thinking Touchstone. I am seeing a lot of 'Welcome back to Mulhuddart, X you were missed here' posts on their fb page.

They are called Complete Care Pharmacy.

• Advertisement

I.would think most places in the blanch centre want a quick turnaround of customers so food places will be of fast food or very basic fare .Can't really see a proper restaurant operating in the main area for long where people might stay for an hour or two .

The likes of the all you can eat buffet like the Asian place in Liffey valley, bring the likes of a captain America or TGI style restaurant internally instead of having both external. Mr Eddie empty your Pockets should be expanded as they do well on the weekends and holidays etc. there is major room to improve on the restaurants are doing well.

If they are able to extend and add an extra layer to penneys , they can do an escalated food mall

Advertisement