Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homer J. Fong IS The Walrus - Grand Reveal!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Great game Homer. Fair play.

Aside from your extremely poor taste in music, you seem like a decent enough lad :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thanks Homer for the superb reveal!!!

Which means, our Walrus winner is....

PHATKEV, who just pips osh to the post in the last round.
    Many congratulations!

gmc4MpBP6k.png

Here is our final table, with bonus points as promised to tusk to thank him for all his hard work in helping me set up this game (you really were the one person I didn't want to finish last...but here we are! :P )

Rank # Alias Boards name Colours Score Love Score 90's Score 10's Score Joker Score Bonus points Total Score
    1 Helraham Jamesorty phatkev 6 14 17 13 17 0 67
    2 Marflutter osh 5 17 16 16 10 0 64
    3 Kingolas Electric Nitwit 17 5 13 15 13 0 63
    4 Fanghoward Pretzill 12 10 12 17 9 0 60
    5 Countess Bathrobinson Bailecoffin Triceratops Ballet 8 16 14 3 11 0 52
    6 Palka Stephenflame Green&Red 14 12 10 1 15 0 52
    7 Mediphira Also Starring LeVar Burton 9 11 4 12 14 0 50
    8 Harmony Cullran Sheridan81 7 15 9 7 8 0 46
    9 Jameslon Barspell mustang shelly 15 4 1 9 16 0 45
    10 Yompson Hamoondancer MicksJaguar 1 13 15 4 12 0 45
    11 Lolliclarke Barney92 2 2 11 14 6 0 35
    12 Hayesshine Trigger 16 3 6 6 3 0 34
    13 Yollins Roseverse spook_ie 10 9 5 8 2 0 34
    14 Aleshark beakerjoe 4 7 7 11 4 0 33
    15 Spencerpop Rikand 11 6 3 5 7 0 32
    16 Rosparkle Necro 13 1 2 10 1 0 27
    17 Marshallazora Satanwest tusk 3 8 8 2 5 0.99 26.99

Once again thank you all so much for participating; I hope the anonymous format worked ok, definitely helped me out in scoring and adding to the fun anyway. But if it prevented you from making some comments earlier then the shackles are now free, so work away! :D

I shall definitely be adding many new artists to my future playlists now - Tigran Hamasyan, Faker, The Gutter Twins, Spiritualized, DJ Shadow, Flipper's Guitar, Lost Under Heaven to name just a few.

So that's goodnight and good luck from me. Here's looking forward to sullivlo's Walrus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great show Homer. Well done. Glad you enjoyed the majority of my songs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

WOOHOO, two in a row baby!!!!!!!!!
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

phatkev wrote: »
    WOOHOO, two in a row baby!!!!!!!!!
    giphy.gif

Congrats. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thanks Homer a great reveal - delighted with a not too shabby fourth place in Walrus - some great stuff tonight which I'm looking forward to going back to.

ETA: Well done Kev another one and you'll have to bring the Walrus home to live with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

me and necro last 2 again. how many is that now, three?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Nice one Homer

I'll take fifth tonight, I love YYYs and Zimmer so happy to come behind them and a couple of new ones to check out. I'm super excited about hearing this Armenian Jazz Pianist, that's how to play and win in style, congrats Kev!

Given you liked LUH and The Gutter Twins I would highly recommend the albums, Spiritual Songs for Lovers To Sing might be my favourite of the last decade, and Saturnalia is amazing. If you need more like The Gutter Twins then they're basically The Twilight Singers in disguise :)

Once again thank you all so much for participating; I hope the anonymous format worked ok, definitely helped me out in scoring and adding to the fun anyway. But if it prevented you from making some comments earlier then the shackles are now free, so work away! :D
    Kingolas got the most love in Round 1 but must be content with 13th place and 5 points this time round for Pulp - F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E.

Damn you, you cloth eared caveman! :p
    I had four top-five finishes apart from this modern masterpiece that you savaged

Different Class is a truly brilliant album, I'd still recommend trying it despite your misgivings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Only seeing this now, great stuff Homer, well done to Kev again.

Mid table for me, happy enough with my selections.

tenor.gif?itemid=4964887

Here's the final playlist; once again we have a Slade song that can't be found on Spotify (this time not even with a cover version) and I've had to use the original Witcher song instead of the remix (which I did actually find but it's greyed out/unavailable)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/30DeV3IzcPvEE8LSnBH6ZL?si=QinqqKwDQHaSorgQfOWFPg

I shall definitely be adding many new artists to my future playlists now - Tigran Hamasyan, Faker, The Gutter Twins, Spiritualized, DJ Shadow, Flipper's Guitar, Lost Under Heaven to name just a few
    phatkev wrote: »
    Love the Gutter twins stuff, its a pity they only have the one album
    If you need more like The Gutter Twins then they're basically The Twilight Singers in disguise :)

Greg Dulli, the creative force behind The Gutter Twins, Twilight Singers and Afghan Whigs, released a new solo album, Random Desire, yesterday which is well worth a listen. I've only had one listen but it sounds very good. He's also on these shores next month - Roisin Dubh on Thurs 19th, Whelans on Fri 20th, see you there ;)

Advertisement