Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

honeybear wrote: »
    TH that my walk coincided with a break between showers. Also TH that said walk is leading to guilt free pizza tonight!

TH just laughing at the absurdity of my weight issue (I'm still slightly underweight and fighting hard to climb to a healthy weight). For me it was a guilt free walk after a big dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reading your happies is a big happy. … ;) Hope you don't mind sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Getting a hair cut..........or as you gals like to say....."Got my hurrrr did!" :pac:

and you look FABULOUS! :D
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=390&g2_serialNumber=1

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TH that i assembled my heavy duty rack for my porch before the rain started.😁

Finally i can organize all my stuff and get a bit of room to work on my different projects. Every shelf is secured with eight screws and can easily hold 70 kilos. There is even room for my new crowbar.😜

The lower shelf holds an already dismantled EPAL pallet and another one will follow tomorrow. The second shelf is for thin boards from one way pallets for other projects like more drying frames for fruits.

It’s the small things...😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being appreciated. Too often I've helped people without a word of thanks, so it's a nice change. Not looking forward awards, but a thank you goes a long way.

• Advertisement

Early morning birdsong... Sheer blissful beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A beautiful long weekend walk. Lots of lovely THs throughout - my shy 18 year old neighbour in his pjs saying goodbye to his girlfriend, not one yappy dog at my heels, birds singing, my new walking gear fitting and looking great & now enjoying pancakes (yummy!). Coffee to follow ...

Violins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

honeybear wrote: »
    A beautiful long weekend walk. Lots of lovely THs throughout - my shy 18 year old neighbour in his pjs saying goodbye to his girlfriend, not one yappy dog at my heels, birds singing, my new walking gear fitting and looking great & now enjoying pancakes (yummy!). Coffee to follow ...

Same here. Just back from an 8km walk and it's a heart lifting late Winter's morning. Clear crisp air and the snowdrops are opening too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

TH that i assembled my heavy duty rack for my porch before the rain started.😁

It’s the small things...😄

One of my THs is your posts Black Forest. I love hearing about where you live, your adventures with your bicycle and what you get up to. it makes me think that I should visit Germany more. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just remembered..
    I was 6 years off the smokes on the 15th Jan.
    Happy days!

Marigolds.. I know I have mentioned them so often! Went to the gate earlier and there are still more in flower! All from a few seeds I was given by a kind lady last year..

They have smiled up at me all through gales and deluges and storms...

Marigolds ! Wonderful! Saved seed so there will be more ….

They used to grow them for the oil; can you imagine a whole field of them! WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS!

blade1 wrote: »
    Just remembered..
    I was 6 years off the smokes on the 15th Jan.
    Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Graces7 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks Graces. :)
    Funny thing is I wasn't even giving them up when I gave them up.
    If you had asked me would I give them up a week before I gave them up,I would have told you I'd rather burn in hell.
    I loved them.
    Started in primary schools behind the sheds with the mates and gave them up aged 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Seeing a friend waving madly when as your train pulls into the station.

A hug that simultaneously seems to be squeezing the life on you and telling you that the other person is really, really super excited to see you.

And German bakeries. Oh, German bakeries and their many, many types of bread. I reckon I'd weigh about 20 stone if I lived there permanently because I'd eat nothing but bread.

It's such a nice day. I'm actually sitting out on the patio with the dogs and the cats eating an ice cream. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Eleysian wrote: »
    One of my THs is your posts Black Forest. I love hearing about where you live, your adventures with your bicycle and what you get up to. it makes me think that I should visit Germany more. Thanks!

There had been a few nudges about setting up a little blog already.😉😄

Not that i wouldn’t post here anymore but for the interested i think i found a solution where i can go into more details. The stupid GDPR rules over here in Germany would make it necessary to set up a monster size impressum and publish my full name, address, email and phone number.😱😜

So i can’t use my favourite Wordpress stuff.:mad:

TH that i found the right mixture with tumblr. If it is up and running i’ll send you a little nudge to have a look. 😉😄

There had been a few nudges about setting up a little blog already.😉😄

Not that i wouldn’t post here anymore but for the interested i think i found a solution where i can go into more details. The stupid GDPR rules over here in Germany would make it necessary to set up a monster size impressum and publish my full name, address, email and phone number.😱😜

So i can’t use my favourite Wordpress stuff.:mad:

TH that i found the right mixture with tumblr. If it is up and running i’ll send you a little nudge to have a look. 😉😄

You can nudge me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A beautiful rose pink sky this evening.

Night time drives. Karl Wallinger " She's The One " on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's currently a doughnut-shaped feline purring softly and contentedly on my lap. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    There's currently a doughnut-shaped feline purring softly and contentedly on my lap. :)
    It's such a nice day. I'm actually sitting out on the patio with the dogs and the cats eating an ice cream. :)

We (I mean me really 😃😸 ) demand pics :3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't want to disturb him, so you get one from the other day.
    500440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I wouldn't want to disturb him either!:eek:

Ok, sorry, the pic is huuuuge. I'll see if I can shrink it a bit.

There!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

He is a beaut New Home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

The stars are amazing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had one of those luxury cream filled donuts that are covered in caramel earlier. Pure bliss and more than a TA.
    Sad that my healthy binge is over though!

• Advertisement

Had one of those luxury cream filled donuts that are covered in caramel earlier. Pure bliss and more than a TH.
    Sad that my healthy binge is over though!
    FYP. :cool:

Advertisement