Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The smell when I walk into a book shop.

New books purchased from aforementioned bookshop.

Wb, now you can't just come on here now and say you brought books without telling us what they are :3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Why thank you Sephy :)

I picked up my cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier. I’ve meant to read this for years and finally did.
    Finished it in two days. Really enjoyed it.

Also got The Fireman by Joe Hill.
    Only two chapters in but I love Joe Hill so I’m betting I enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When my knitting comes together into an item !! Sewing all parts together and suddenly the pile of stitches is a dotey little cardigan !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    I lost my proximity card... :/

Found it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH I'm so easily amused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

Sitting on couch listening to my youngest chick having a full on conversation in Irish with herself......it's brilliant.

I haven't a bloody clue what they're saying though ...lol lol......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Just bought a pair of furry handcuffs. Bought my first pair when I was fourteen to handcuff terrified boys to me at discos, sweet memories :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The smell when I walk into a book shop.

New books purchased from aforementioned bookshop.

I love the smell of a bookshop, and a good browse around. Bliss.

TH, heard from an old friend today and meeting for lunch next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A friend phoned and asked "Any stir?" and I said "Not a bit!". I love a quiet life: no drama, no hassle, no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that there are lots of snowdrops beginning to peep out in my garden. I love white flowers and when I bought my house last year, the beautiful garden was a bit of a mystery. I'm discovering lovely surprises every day ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why thank you Sephy :)

I picked up my cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier. I’ve meant to read this for years and finally did.
    Finished it in two days. Really enjoyed it.

Also got The Fireman by Joe Hill.
    Only two chapters in but I love Joe Hill so I’m betting I enjoy it :D

This reminds me , I found two books I had forgotten I had bought. Elevation by Stephen King and Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. My little heart jumped in delight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I work in Tech Sales.

The last few months have probably been the most stressed I've ever been in my professional life as I raced to close a corporate deal with one of the world's biggest companies before the end of the year. The pressure was immense and I was getting daily messages - "How's the deal?" - from my company's president over the holidays until it finally closed to much relief.

Today I came in and a colleague who listened to me whine about it for the last few weeks had gotten the president's face printed on a t-shirt along with the words "How's the deal?" I think I laughed for a solid 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

^^^ That’s brilliant bitofabind. Things like that can make such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Really enjoyed The Gentleman in the cinema last Friday

I'm going to see 1917 tomorrow at the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just back from a nice walk. I’m trying to get in 5k every day and have done since the 1st. Not bad for a former lazy gowl. It’s bitter cold out but that’s my favourite kind of weather to walk in. So lovely and fresh.

Cool, bright, calm days like today. Real outdoors weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Waling on a path behind some kids on their way home from school on wednesday, there had been some kind of disagreement between one of the girls and the boy(appox 8/9) and the boy was sitting on a wall with his head down, then a row broke out between the girls' as one took the side of the boy and was staying with him and the other obviously didnt, walked away. The two girls shouted at each other and the walking one did just that.

Met the three of them just now, skipping home together!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I hear what ye are saying about how nice and bright and crisp it is outside and how good you feel after an hour or so walking in it. But to be honest - right now - I am happy been snug and warm inside and listening to the wind from the comfort of here.

Hot chocolate weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Over here so stormy that going outside is a no-no. Lashing rain, strong winds heading for gale force and bitterly cold. Been dark nearly all day..

So, HAPPY is safe and snug abed with youtube, knitting and a cat or three..... toast , soup on the stove, turf and coal piled high in the stove.. Bliss..

I hear what ye are saying about how nice and bright and crisp it is outside and how good you feel after an hour or so walking in it. But to be honest - right now - I am happy been snug and warm inside and listening to the wind from the comfort of here.

Hot chocolate weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Home Sweet Home after a tough day at work. My adorable 21 year old niece gave me a beautiful throw for Christmas and honestly, it’s like being hugged by her as I snuggle with it by the fire.

• Advertisement

After such a bright day and plenty of outdoor activity, you can't beat unwinding in front of a roaring fire after the sun sets and temperatures slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yea! they've put a cross trainer in the park gym, exactly what I needed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

honeybear wrote:
    Enjoy!!!

Thank you! I loved every second of it!

Lots of TH's this week. I'm absolutely wrecked but so glad to have my routine back. And I was delighted to see my little kiddies and hear their stories about Christmas.

I lost 2 pound this week. I've been eating so well and exercising (a teeny bit). Only 12 more pounds before April :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. My poor, old, very sick cat doing so much better he's almost back to normal (Long may it last!).
    2. Eating mincemeat straight from the jar (Don't judge me!).
    3. Days off, thank God!

Oh, and 4. I sent a parcel to Southern Europe on Wednesday pm, shortly before the post office closed. They got it this morning!!! Less than 48 hours in total!!! And it was ordinary post, too!!! It's a post-Christmas miracle!!! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    1. My poor, old, very sick cat doing so much better he's almost back to normal. (long may it last!)
    !

Best news I've heard all day, thank the cat gods!

That's brilliant news newhome!! I was following your thread on API. Really delighted to hear that.

Thank BB. :)

That's brilliant news newhome!! I was following your thread on API. Really delighted to hear that.

API?

• Advertisement

Animals and Pets Issues.

Advertisement