Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman convicted for false rape allegation against 12 men in Cyprus (Overturned in Jan22)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

This case may not be as clear cut as many on here would like to think. She retracted her initial statement after being 'questioned' by Cypriot police for seven hours without a lawyer present (Imagine the horror of her situation if indeed she was raped). The Cypriot government has a vested interest in portraying the island as a place where holidaying tourists do not get gang raped.
    Watch the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix for an insight into how a corrupt prosecution and a vile misogynistic media turned an innocent woman into a sex crazed murderer and robbed her of four years of her life and led to a whole generation of people jumping to the wrong conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Watch the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix for an insight into how a corrupt prosecution and a vile misogynistic media turned an innocent woman into a sex crazed murderer and robbed her of four years of her life and led to a whole generation of people jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Knox is an odd one. Its her eyes. I was glad she was acquitted but I had some doubts about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

I am not a fan of Israel and I was one of those who highlighted this story but I can admit I was wrong here.

The book should be thrown at the dirty cow.

Are these guys dirty too? surprised some of the abuse she received here called a slut by someone else are the guys sluts too?

Whether she was willing on the night or not,she was used and abused and there is consequences for any womans mental state getting video taped being used by 12 men,even if she willingly albeit while drunk went along with it there is gonna be consequences for her mental state when she sobers up.

Ridiculous the calls for her to be jailed she didn't make the rape claim for any personal benefit,no doubt most women who get used by 12 men while drunk will feel raped when they sober up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Ridiculous the calls for her to be jailed she didn't make the rape claim for any personal benefit,no doubt most women who get used by 12 men while drunk will feel raped when they sober up.

Gets used? She used their penises too. **** this women are victims culture. She had consensual sex and then regretted it and cried rape.

It's a disgusting sad video. She was used and abused. I'd like to know if she has alcohol on board,if so then she was basically raped!?

She looked as though she enjoyed it and was a willing participant. "Basically raped". Ffs.

• Advertisement

Ironicname wrote: »
    She looked as though she enjoyed it and was a willing participant. "Basically raped". Ffs.

You were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You were there?

I'd hazard a guess that they are referring to Whatsapp videos doing the round that are allegedly of the incident.

banie01 wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that they are referring to Whatsapp videos doing the round that are allegedly of the incident.

That was kinda my point. Assumptions based on a video clip doing the rounds. It may not even portray the actual event, it certainly doesn't capture the event in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

if the whatsapp videos doing the rounds are real

They probably aren't real though.

You were there?

You weren't either. I'm going on visual evidence and a court judgement.

What are you basing your opinion on?

• Advertisement

I understand your point,i didn't see the video but just because she looked like she was enjoying it at the time doesn't mean there isn't mental repercussions when she sobers up.

You only have to look through this thread shes been called a slut and a dirty cow,so for the woman that seemingly enjoyed it,when she sobers up shes the slut and dirty and they are just players and studs.Shes the loser when she wakes up no matter how much fun she had.

As men its unlikely to be used by 12 women so the feeling is unique to women and gay men who get used by groups of men,but every person that gets used like this is always insecure weak and vulnerable so while it might not be illegal you have to understand that a secure confident strong woman would not willingly allow this to happen.Its only the weak so shes vulnerable to start with so its not really a surprise that they make false accusations and the accused in cases like this are never whiter than whiter.

You weren't either. I'm going on visual evidence and a court judgement.

What are you basing your opinion on?

I don't have an opinion on her guilt. I suggested that the truth of the situation might come out over time and that people should keep an open mind in that regard before labelling the girl as a dishonest slut. She was not allowed a lawyer during her interrogation and neither was it recorded. The Cypriot police have a history of misogynistic behaviour such that local Cypriot women have come out in support of the girl. Their investigations into the event were not exactly exemplary either - hotel guests that booked into the room after the event found a used condom.

You only have to look through this thread shes been called a slut and a dirty cow,so for the woman that seemingly enjoyed it,when she sobers up shes the slut and dirty and they are just players and studs.Shes the loser when she wakes up no matter how much fun she had.

If she was a willing participant, it doesn't matter if she regretted it after the fact.

If she was willing, even after a few drinks, she can't claim her bad decision was a rape.

I don't have an opinion on her guilt. I suggested that the truth of the situation might come out over time and that people should keep an open mind in that regard before labelling the girl as a dishonest slut. She was not allowed a lawyer during her interrogation and neither was it recorded. The Cypriot police have a history of misogynistic behaviour such that local Cypriot women have come out in support of the girl. Their investigations into the event were not exactly exemplary either - hotel guests that booked into the room after the event found a used condom.

Cool. Someone found guilty shouldn't be guilty because you never know then?

I suppose you hold that true for men who have been found guilty of rape?

Bondyield wrote: »
    I think people underestimate how many women enjoy group sex and to the extent that they get a thrill from it.

Its common nowadays no doubt about it,but you should ask yourself next time is this woman a strong secure confident woman they never are.And i don't doubt how much they enjoy it at the time it feels so real right,it looks so real.Marry a woman that gets used regularly like this and see how it affects them no matter how much they enjoy it on the night,unpopular opinion in the modern liberalized world but you will learn it eventually.

Cool. Someone found guilty shouldn't be guilty because you never know then?

I suppose you hold that true for men who have been found guilty of rape?

I just don't think people should revel in her guilt. Neither she nor the boys involved come away from this in a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

If the men involved put their phones away while all this happened she may not have made an accusation at all. I can't understand why they'd record it to be honest? Are there lads out there who would get off on watching their friends having sex?

Bondyield wrote: »
    For all you know your girlfriend/wife if you have one has participated in orgies and you're none the wiser.

Kinda neither here nor there point,maybe she did and i knew,or maybe i got more life experience than you,you will learn it eventually but a lot of pain will come your way first believe me it will just take time,But it comes to us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I must live a very sheltered life with all these supposed orgies going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Moghead wrote: »
    If the men involved put their phones away while all this happened she may not have made an accusation at all. I can't understand why they'd record it to be honest? Are there lads out there who would get off on watching their friends having sex?

Or they might have ended up in jail..

• Advertisement

I seen everything in this world you are still blinded by how real it feels i used to be in your shoes,but life has taught me the truth.I swear to god you will learn it but it will be too late and it will hurt like ****.

In English?

I just don't think people should revel in her guilt. Neither she nor the boys involved come away from this in a good light.

I agree there. But I still think that the boys should be exonerated from any guilt.

Moghead wrote:

She recorded some

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

eyerer wrote: »
    Or they might have ended up in jail..

Or they all may have gone their seperate ways afterwards and that would be the end of it...

Women like sex and are easily as horny as men where did i say they didn't,but what is having 12 men use you only being used as a sex object.

I understand its pointless i been where u were at only life can teach you how it affects the used person and why they allow that to happen to them good luck with it man i could tell you some **** but you probably wouldn't even believe it but no matter how much they enjoy it,it skews their view of men and the world and how they treat their daughters.

Are you drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

See all the videos, she doesnt look under duress, very drunk and seemed to be a willing partaker
    But the boys do look like the treat her like a piece of meat

Are you drunk?

Better not engage with them. When they wake up in the morning you may have raped their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

See all the videos, she doesnt look under duress, very drunk and seemed to be a willing partaker
    But the boys do look like the treat her like a piece of meat

Is she too drunk to consent?

Women like sex and are easily as horny as men where did i say they didn't,but what is having 12 men use you only being used as a sex object.

In your opinion. Some women like anal. Others feel that it is demeaning.

Sexual proclivity is up to the individual.

You by your own standards are slut shaming.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote:
    Is she too drunk to consent?

Impossible to tell as there is no benchmark but she certainly seems more than lucid and more than capable and willing to participate.

Advertisement