Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman convicted for false rape allegation against 12 men in Cyprus (Overturned in Jan22)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

NKante wrote: »
    A bit what ? This just seems like a mad ramble , not every hot country has a police force like the films about turkey youre imagining. Every country has had a measure of police incompetence/corruption but Im not aware of any spanish or italian police stereotype as lazy/brutal or corrupt

Alright.

Name me a country in South America, Africa, the Middle East or Asia where you'd rather spend the night in jail than in Finland, Norway or England.

Case closed.
    Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Japan

id look that up, its really not better.
    https://gaijinass.com/2017/03/30/brutal-realities-of-prison-in-japan/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You know what it's like, the Spanish cops, the Italians.....all a bit....you know

...prone to conspiring with terrorist groups to bomb civilians? Stitching up scapegoats?

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

Japan

Just image searched. Don't fancy it.

It's not Sushi and Sake mate.

Whereas jail in Norway is better than most of the hotels you'd book.

Am I the only one that knows Spanish police are a bit...you know

Someone else back me up here :D

Which ones? There are multiple types of police in Spain, each with their own levels of professionalism and violence.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you're a suspect over there, you're as good as guilty. Our system isn't great but I'll take it over theirs any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think French consider Irish a bit of cowboys. They even held their own trial when Irish wouldn't. British police has great reputation unless you are Irish, Liverpudlian or poor.

To be clear I know nothing about policing in Cyprus. I presume it happened on Greek part but I suspect I still know more than some geniuses commenting on this thread. I would be at least able to locate Cyprus on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

I wont fault that but you shifted from spain and italy.... if your claim was the cloumbian police are a bit 'you know' id get that, no question, but what about the italians ?

Ever been to football abroad? the Spanish and Italian police are known for having a penchant to use their truncheon on one's head.

Everyone knows Mediterraneans are a bit mental. Try dating a Greek girl.

Am I the only one that knows Spanish police are a bit...you know

Someone else back me up here :D
    A story from the last champions league final of a Liverpool fan who was on his own having a Spanish cop coming up to him and just taking his ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

...prone to conspiring with terrorist groups to bomb civilians? Stitching up scapegoats?

The RUC are disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It's all the hot countries that are a bit mental

Yes, Australian cops are notoriously corrupt. It's because of the heat. Meanwhile, North Korean cops are trustworthy because of the cold winters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

You don't have to go to far to find corruption within authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I do feel slightly bad for her on one level. I'm not sure what's going on with her, but it's pretty bad if she made a false allegation.

Although, I wonder were they under age and she was trying to get them to delete the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

so this is back in the news...

A British teenager accused of lying about being raped has said her statement withdrawing the claims was "not in proper English" and there was "no way" she would have written it, told the court that police forced her to make the statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50072902
    Her lawyers say she was told what to write by Cypriot police, led by Detective Sergeant Marios Christou, and the teenager made the statement fearing she would be kidnapped or killed.

"It doesn't make grammatical sense," the teenager said.

"All the way through there isn't one sentence an English person would write."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If this proves to be the case, good luck getting any of those lads out of Israel.

so this is back in the news...

A British teenager accused of lying about being raped has said her statement withdrawing the claims was "not in proper English" and there was "no way" she would have written it, told the court that police forced her to make the statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50072902

Wasn't there video evidence of some kind and some of the participants were underage in British law?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lying through her teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Making a false allegation about 12 people would be unusual.

I wonder what would have happened if this happened in Britain or the boys weren't Israeli? I wonder how they would have been treated if they were refugees or something?

Tbh, I can only think of two options why (if she is lying and I do believe she is based on video evidence (Which I have not seen) and the fact that one of the assailants wasn't even in the room) she would double down.

1) The Israeli boys are apparently going for blood in regards to civil actions.

2) They maye be underage as the cyprus age of consent is 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,646 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I wonder what would have happened if this happened in Britain or the boys weren't Israeli? I wonder how they would have been treated if they were refugees or something?

You wonder some strange things lad, TBF.

What if they were Martians?

:confused:

Tbh, I can only think of two options why (if she is lying and I do believe she is based on video evidence (Which I have not seen).

You personally think she is lying based on video evidence, video evidence you haven't seen?

That seems legit.

Boggles wrote: »
    You wonder some strange things lad, TBF.

What if they were Martians?

:confused:

You personally think she is lying based on video evidence, video evidence you haven't seen?

That seems legit.

Boggles, you should really review this case and I will not be replying to any of your posts in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,646 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Boggles, you should really review this case and I will not be replying to any of your posts in the future.

I did and fair play to you.

God, the information from this case is really odd. She said she was afraid to call the British police because she was afraid of getting kidnapped and murdered by the corrupt cyprus police? The statement is in greek English?

Imo, she really isn't doing herself any favors in the newest statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Reading between the lines, it seems she was a bit promiscuous on holiday. She didn't want her parents knowing she was somewhat of a slut riding 3 men and worried about the photos/vids leaking.

So decided to make a false rape claim. She was apparently encouraged to make the claim by a friend.

Somewhat.:mad:

Total would have been the correct word here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Yuck imagine her parents having to read that. 12 guys..... unreal and not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

screamer wrote: »
    Yuck imagine her parents having to read that. 12 guys..... unreal and not in a good way.

I am not a fan of Israel and I was one of those who highlighted this story but I can admit I was wrong here.

The book should be thrown at the dirty cow.

Reading between the lines, it seems she was a bit promiscuous on holiday. She didn't want her parents knowing she was somewhat of a slut riding 3 men and worried about the photos/vids leaking.

So decided to make a false rape claim. She was apparently encouraged to make the claim by a friend.

Her friend was actually a psychology grad and I would never want that person anywhere near a person in need.

Yeah, I've been following this as it may serve a benchmark for possible false alegations. Kind of an odd development.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7640355/British-woman-accused-faking-gang-rape-claim-Cyprus-hallucinations-voices-head.html

This, correct me if I'm wrong, is from a psychologist for a current evaluation and not a past evaluation. Very, very odd tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well the girl in question got a 4 month suspended sentence so can go home to her family now.

if the whatsapp videos doing the rounds are real then there was only ever going to be this outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

if the whatsapp videos doing the rounds are real then there was only ever going to be this outcome.

What do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's a disgusting sad video. She was used and abused. I'd like to know if she has alcohol on board,if so then she was basically raped!?

Advertisement