Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CIP4 wrote: »
    How do the beads move around the circumference of the alloy themselves are they in a tube or something like that. I still struggle to imagine how it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've some beans I could give, some say they're magic...

I've some beans I could give, some say they're magic...

There are reviews online. Some how I doubt they are paying everyone money to talk good about their product.

Unless you are driving about with unbalanced wheels (that wouldn't surprise me actually) I don't see the appeal in trying these out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A small bang, followed by lots of wobble and about 40 "fúck...fúck....Jesus.....fúck..." choruses.
    Been there elF. :D Glad to hear you're OK. Scary shizzle when it happens though.
    Edit: just checked my Fitbit - heart rate jumped to 96bpm in an instant :pac:
    96 bpm? Ah here, E, that's me relaxed. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

What's the story with changing from runflats to ordinary tyres on BMWs in terms of insurance ? Went to ditch the run flats on my new e90 this morning and was told that insurance could be an issue. So I've held off till I learn more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Who told you that? Insurance companies don't care as long as the new tyres are road legal. Just don't be mixing run flats with non run flats, go with all of one or the other.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Who told you that? Insurance companies don't care as long as the new tyres are road legal. Just don't be mixing run flats with non run flats, go with all of one or the other.

First stop or fast fit. When you say don't mix do you mean on the same axle or altogether ?

Don't really know what to do now. Any recommendations for 225/40/18s ?

Don't mix them on the same car. Go with all run flats or go with regular tyres. Don't mix them as they have different handling characteristics to each other. First Stop/Fast Fit I'd say were just covering their arse in the event you came back to them later.

Have a look online and compare prices, you may find there is a saving in those sizes even when you factor the cost of having them fitted locally:

https://www.oponeo.ie/
    https://www.camskill.co.uk/
    https://www.tyreleader.ie/car-tyres/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

What's the story with changing from runflats to ordinary tyres on BMWs in terms of insurance ? Went to ditch the run flats on my new e90 this morning and was told that insurance could be an issue. So I've held off till I learn more.

When we changed to non-RFTs a few years ago we were told that it needed to be declared as a modification as the OEM fit was run-flat. No impact on premium but I sent a letter to cover myself. They also pointed out that breakdown cover wouldn't cover tyre-related calls unless there was a spare if car had non-RFTs on.

We went back to Michelin RFTs ever since after that anyway.

• Advertisement

The two front ones are worn on the outer parts but seem fine in the middle and are run flats pirelli cinturato p7. Two rears are nankang and have re-enforced wrote on them. And have loads left on them so I want get use out of them.....

Was going to put firestones on them but might hold out till my local Indy tyre fitter is back after new year and get hankooks or uniroyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Does anyone know where I can post a video of someone trying to do a u-turn on the m50? The dashcam thread does not allow helmet cam footage.

Does anyone know where I can post a video of someone trying to do a u-turn on the m50? The dashcam thread does not allow helmet cam footage.

Throw up here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Half way back to the house from the christmas visit home the battery light came on. Made it thank fook. Turned off all the electrics.

Popped the bonnet to make sure the altenator was still there and crawled iside and onto the couch. Not in the headspace for troubleshooting today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Throw up here.....

Okay. Mods please let me know if this is not the best place and I will move it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOxAtJl4XU

That's a special kind of someone....

Madness. I seen things like that online before but the driver usually drives straight into the side of the vehicle.

I'd be passing that onto the Gardai....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Good god...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Send that on to Garda Traffic Watch. This person fool needs to be removed from our roads asap.

Plate looks like 06 CE 770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s the reg alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s the reg alright.

Pure nut jobs from that part of the country anyway......

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah shur they were only up for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Only getting 11.3v out of my altenator. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Quick one lads selling a car private at the moment first time ever doing it.
    Had one guy offer come view and offer close to what I was asking but wants to pay via bank transfer is that safe car value is sub five thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

crasy dash wrote: »
    Quick one lads selling a car private at the moment first time ever doing it.
    Had one guy offer come view and offer close to what I was asking but wants to pay via bank transfer is that safe car value is sub five thousand

Tell him you will release the car when it clears. Or ring the bank to get it verified, he will have receipt from the bank for the draft with a number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Tell him you will release the car when it clears. Or ring the bank to get it verified, he will have receipt from the bank for the draft with a number on it.

Cheers for that James many thanks I'm clueless with private sales

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

crasy dash wrote: »
    Cheers for that James many thanks I'm clueless with private sales

It's a tough one, the seller might not want to carry so much cash just incase of anything happening.

Another one suggested a while back was if you meet the person in a bank branch and they withdraw cash and you Lodge it immediately to your account (if same bank)

Or they get a bank draft made out to you (get it verified by bank) and it's as good as cash ?

If the buyer and seller use the same bank then the electronic transfer is done the same day.

• Advertisement

As above be very careful as you need money to clear.

Safest option is cash or as mentioned you are both together in the bank.

I done this myself with a 4x4 that was over €10k and was safest option as no cash and no chance of getting robbed.

When selling you keep the VLC and post it.

Take photos of all pages and post it off for free post to Shannon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement