Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what OOM you are?

I was 219

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Have my date for my fitness, anyone know if you fail more than one stage are you allowed to repeat in 12 weeks ? Or is just the one they allow? I think I’ll be okay but it’s just to alleviate the nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

You can repeat regardless of how much you pass or fail, I missed out only by 4 pushups and passed everything else and have to go again in 12 weeks, had mine on Tuesday

daniel1390 wrote: »
    You can repeat regardless of how much you pass or fail, I missed out only by 4 pushups and passed everything else and have to go again in 12 weeks, had mine on Tuesday
    That’s a relief! I’m good for push ups and sit ups, I’m about one level down from where I need to be on beep test. It’s just that the obstacle course and push pull are a bit up in the air!
    Gotta dig deep for the next few weeks and don’t indulge too much over Christmas and hopefully I’ll be there!
    Best of luck with your resit!

Anyone know how long the process takes in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

That’s a relief! I’m good for push ups and sit ups, I’m about one level down from where I need to be on beep test. It’s just that the obstacle course and push pull are a bit up in the air!
    Gotta dig deep for the next few weeks and don’t indulge too much over Christmas and hopefully I’ll be there!

It was 9-3 for me last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

How do you see where you are on the beep test when practising at home ?

How do you see where you are on the beep test when practising at home ?
    I’m lucky that I have a decent sized garden so I use tape measure and masking tape to measure out the distance and then play the app on my phone!
    Terrible weather means I haven’t practiced the beep test in a week but when I go to the gym, i set the treadmill to about 0.5 km faster than needed for my final level and keep at that for as long as I can to build up stamina!
    If you have a local park find a straight and flat bit of path, measure out the distance and get going! Or even if no park a quiet footpath :)

Dave3345 wrote: »
    It was 9-3 for me last week

Thanks, Mine is starting at 4pm, finishing at 10 seems very late to end! I only ask as I’ve no car so I’ll be relying on a lift!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

What beep test app are you using?

The one with a green background and man sprinting in the image, I hope this is the right one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

I’m lucky that I have a decent sized garden so I use tape measure and masking tape to measure out the distance and then play the app on my phone!
    Terrible weather means I haven’t practiced the beep test in a week but when I go to the gym, i set the treadmill to about 0.5 km faster than needed for my final level and keep at that for as long as I can to build up stamina!
    If you have a local park find a straight and flat bit of path, measure out the distance and get going! Or even if no park a quiet footpath :)

Thanks very much for the reply. How do you make what point you are at ? As in if I want to am I close to 8 how do I figure this out

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

I used Spotify and there is a beep test on that, it's in Spotify as The beep test-20meter. It was almost identical to the one used in templemore. This might help you because when it increases a level, it will let you know what level it is starting. ie. "start of level 7" will be announced.

I used Spotify and there is a beep test on that, it's in Spotify as The beep test-20meter. It was almost identical to the one used in templemore. This might help you because when it increases a level, it will let you know what level it is starting. ie. "start of level 7" will be announced.

Thanks a million. I'm confident enough for it as I'm relatively fit but will do it a few times over Xmas just to be sure. Are they strict on the press-ups? Like are they looking for chest to hit the ground every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

Thanks, Mine is starting at 4pm, finishing at 10 seems very late to end! I only ask as I’ve no car so I’ll be relying on a lift!

Had mine at 4 and I finished at 8.45

Thanks a million. I'm confident enough for it as I'm relatively fit but will do it a few times over Xmas just to be sure. Are they strict on the press-ups? Like are they looking for chest to hit the ground every time?

I had mine this week, they just want a properly formed press up chest doesn't have to hit the floor exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

No they weren't strict with me, I just did a normal push up, my chest was nowhere near hitting the ground

Anyone who done fitness on 17th dec get a date for medical yet ? I got jan 8th today

No they weren't strict with me, I just did a normal push up, my chest was nowhere near hitting the ground

Oh that's grand I think I should be ok so👠thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Did you guys receive any reply after sending the form b back to them? I sent my one yesterday and I did not get any reply from them on whether they haven't received it or not.

You don't receive any confirmation email

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 576hkg348rjn21

Guys anyone know if HR are sound about rescheduling the PCT? I got the 7th of Jan yesterday. I'm a civi in DJE launching senior officials pet project on the 9th of Jan.

I'd really rather not go pissing this person off by taking leave for the PCT at that time, given that it's a small area and they're heavily involved in working with AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shigeru

Hi guys. How soon after you send in form B do they reply confirming that they got it? Or do they at all?

Sent it in a couple of days ago and have heard nothing

Thanks

Shigeru wrote: »
    Hi guys. How soon after you send in form B do they reply confirming that they got it? Or do they at all?

Sent it in a couple of days ago and have heard nothing

Thanks

You won't hear from them at all unless they need extra information.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Hi, are you allowed to stop when you hit your target on the beep test or do you continue on?

No they stop you once you got ur level

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Did anyone that sat the interview from 9th december to the 12th receive form b yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Did anyone that sat the interview from 9th december to the 12th receive form b yet?

Sat mine in November and found out I passed in 3rd of December still haven’t received anything yet! Wondering if there is many of us in the same situation, or will it be in the new year? For anyone that has done form B how long did it take to get it from passing interview?

Does anyone know in what months will they be taking into templemore? And also if you do get an offer are you able to defer it?

For people who’ve already done physical and medical, how long was it in between both? A week? Two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Have physical on 14th Jan. Just wondering about notice you get of start date. Do you get a notification that you are successful in the campaign first and then get a start date? Wondering about giving notice to current employer and how people juggle that.

Advertisement