Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Hi guys.. Does anyone know what oom they are on for the fitness? I sent my Form B on 22nd Dec, it was due in by 27th Dec and I haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Yes there,
    Help needed, I have my PCT tomorrow. Was just wondering how we provide them with our correct height and weight? And does anyone know how long of a break you have between the shuttle test and the sit ups and press ups? Thanks for the help. And best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I just gave an estimate, don't think it really matters tbg, and break after bleep test is about 10 mins, then straight into situps then pushups

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

daniel1390 wrote: »
    I just gave an estimate, don't think it really matters tbg, and break after bleep test is about 10 mins, then straight into situps then pushups

Whats the break between those and the course?

Anyone else slightly bricking the test tomorrow, or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kate1895

Neisey13 wrote: »
    Whats the break between those and the course?

Anyone else slightly bricking the test tomorrow, or is that just me?

You have about an hour between the bleep/sits and the obstacle course thing.

They only take in about three at a time for the obstacle course so there is waiting around depending on your place on the forms.

Just push as much as you can through the bleep and sit ups part and then you’ll be flying. The second part of the course is the easiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Just wondering does anyone know how long the wait is for form B?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Kaymoe31 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know how long the wait is for form B?

Mine came a week after I got my result

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Larpeyton wrote: »
    Mine came a week after I got my result

Thank you! I’m starting to panic now, haven’t heard anything since passed the interview and that’s over a month ago! Do you mind me asking when you had your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Muidwick.7

Hi guys

i passed My interview on the 7/11/19 and havnt recieved form B any one have any idea why or are in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Muidwick.7 wrote: »
    Hi guys

i passed My interview on the 7/11/19 and havnt recieved form B any one have any idea why or are in the same boat?

Do you mind me asking roughly what oom you got after interview maybe this may have something to do with it?

• Advertisement

My OOM was 363 after i passed the interview, should i contatct them and if so on what number

thanks

My OOM was 363 after i passed the interview, should i contatct them and if so on what number

thanks

Ohh maybe so I’d give them a ring for sure. This process is crazy and done weird. My oom is in the 700s and I got form b a week after my interview which was in December

ya I cant figure out why I haven't received it yet and others have, will give them a call tomorrow. any one know what number is best to call??

ya I cant figure out why I haven't received it yet and others have, will give them a call tomorrow. any one know what number is best to call??

That’s so bizzare. Especially after fairing our good after your interview. I’d maybe give public jobs a call and they’ll transfer you to the department that’s dealing with the Garda recruitment. I hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Bit of a random one but is are they okay with girls wearing gym leggings at the pct? Or does it have to be a tracksuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cocopops555

You can wear leggings/ shorts/ tracksuit
    Whatever you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Kaymoe31 wrote: »
    Thank you! I’m starting to panic now, haven’t heard anything since passed the interview and that’s over a month ago! Do you mind me asking when you had your interview?

I done my interview in december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 576hkg348rjn21

anyone else going for the PCT today absolutely bricking it? 4pm for a fecking fitness test,come on lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

Hi guys, just got my interview results today and my OOM is near 500. Could anyone explain to me what happens next? I am going away on Sunday for 3 weeks and I am bit concerned about not being in the country to get the mail.

Hey there.. I’ve a similar oom as you and sent my form B back but haven’t heard anything since. Just wondering if you’ve reviewed your gp form or date for the fitness yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi all, just got a retest date for 28th Jan for PCT, only failed on December 17th, which is only 6 weeks. I may call them as was under the assumption that it was a 12 week wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

anyone else going for the PCT today absolutely bricking it? 4pm for a fecking fitness test,come on lads...

Yeah I have my retest at 4, nerves completely gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Best of luck lads, I am meeting the sergeant in my area today but I still haven't got a date for pct is this strange or part of the process before the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Met the sergeant last week. Dont have a date for my pct yet. So you're the same as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Best of luck lads, I am meeting the sergeant in my area today but I still haven't got a date for pct is this strange or part of the process before the pct?

There’s no set way, things happen at different points and times for different people. Just go with the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

How did ye find the beep test?
    I've never done one.
    I'm not in bad shape (I can do the push up and pull ups no problem) but I'm a little worried about the beep test.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

MrMiata wrote: »
    How did ye find the beep test?
    I've never done one.
    I'm not in bad shape (I can do the push up and pull ups no problem) but I'm a little worried about the beep test.

Mark it out and have a go. Only way to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

What should we wear to the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gwhizz26

DCLeg wrote: »
    What should we wear to the medical?

A hospital gown

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi all, just got a retest date for 28th Jan for PCT, only failed on December 17th, which is only 6 weeks. I may call them as was under the assumption that it was a 12 week wait

I’m in the same position as you failed the same day. Don’t think it’s very fair how soon it is after, I thought it was at least 12 weeks before retest! Especially considering the 5 weeks we’ve had was all over Christmas. Let me know if you contact them and what they say please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    I’m in the same position as you failed the same day. Don’t think it’s very fair how soon it is after, I thought it was at least 12 weeks before retest! Especially considering the 5 weeks we’ve had was all over Christmas. Let me know if you contact them and what they say please

I'm the same I called before Christmas to be sure that it was 12 weeks before retest and they were adamant it was! I got a retest date for the 21st nervous now

Advertisement