Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi all, for anyone that has done the PCT, I'm up to scratch with beep test and situps but struggling a bit with the pushups, can you use rest position on the day, my max currently 19 reps , need 25and have pct on the 17th.TIA

You can only rest in the press up position

Chess98 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just checking the girls can do the press ups from their knees like in the video? Thanks 😊
    Girls do the modified press up like in the video on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

What do we wear down? Would I be good with trackies, top and runners with shorts to change into?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Any one get any dates for PCT test yet? sent GP form away 2 weeks sgo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Northkman88

You can only rest in the press up position

Is that the case. I can only do it by resting for a minute or so and off I go again. Only one week till it.

• Advertisement

Is that the case. I can only do it by resting for a minute or so and off I go again. Only one week till it.

Theres no time limit on the press ups but you're better off doing them as fast as you can. You might get lucky and get an instructor who will encourage you to keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

What does the meeting with the Sargent and Super involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

AD07 wrote: »
    What does the meeting with the Sargent and Super involve?

My partners a garda, he said it’s just an all round general meeting and to get an impression on you to write up a reference on your behalf to put through with your application :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike Mr2

Anyone in templemore tonight for the fitness test tomorrow?

Triplek wrote: »
    My partners a garda, he said it’s just an all round general meeting and to get an impression on you to write up a reference on your behalf to put through with your application :)

Oh perfect thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Anyone have any tips on how best to prepare for the beep test. I've been running quite a bit but cant seem to get upto 8.8. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Graham1101

Can I ask what OOM they are on for sending out form B and meeting super etc? I
    want would like to know roughly how much time I have to prep for physical etc!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Northkman88

Did anybody do the pct test today? How did ye get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

LB1197 wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on how best to prepare for the beep test. I've been running quite a bit but cant seem to get upto 8.8. Any advice would be appreciated.

I presume you are using a shuttle test app? Try marking out your track as a 10 metre circuit so you have to do the turns twice..ie make it back to start by the time next beep goes. It is harder though so don't be disheartened if you don't make the 8.8 with this. Make sure you run the regular 20m circuit regularly as well. I would advise regular hill sprints to improve stamina and overall aerobic capacity. They're a killer but they work. Watch your diet and make sure you're doing warm ups/cool downs. Good luck!

I presume you are using a shuttle test app? Try marking out your track as a 10 metre circuit so you have to do the turns twice..ie make it back to start by the time next beep goes. It is harder though so don't be disheartened if you don't make the 8.8 with this. Make sure you run the regular 20m circuit regularly as well. I would advise regular hill sprints to improve stamina and overall aerobic capacity. They're a killer but they work. Watch your diet and make sure you're doing warm ups/cool downs. Good luck!

Thank you. I'll give this a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Did anybody do the pct test today? How did ye get on??

Had it on Friday, was very prepared going in but nerves got to me and my legs were like jelly during the shuttle run and didnt pass it, passed everything else fine. Should be grand for the retest!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Had it on Friday, was very prepared going in but nerves got to me and my legs were like jelly during the shuttle run and didnt pass it, passed everything else fine. Should be grand for the retest!

Were you from this years 2019 recruitment campaign ? If so what oom are you in ? Just trying to have an idea of how they are moving

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

AF96DUB wrote: »

Were you from this years 2019 recruitment campaign ? If so what oom are you in ? Just trying to have an idea of how they are moving

yeah this years campaign oom in 150's

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

You have to wait 12 weeks to repeat it??

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    You have to wait 12 weeks to repeat it??

apparently so, gonna call HR tomorrow and ask if I can get a slot if theres any cancellations anyways

Let me know what they say, have mine 17th and not optimistic

Don't agree with it. Weird! Do you know why?

Hi just wondering if anyone has the actual audio for beep test they use. I cant seem to find it anywhere. If someone has it and can send it to me that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

I've been using an app. Its call the beep test. A green logo with a with figure running. Hoping that's accurate.

Just wondering does anyone have any tips for the push pull machine? I am fairly nervous about it. I’m 5’4 female. I heard it’s hard if you aren’t that tall also struggle with upper body strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

I dont think it's all about upper body strength. Its all in the upper legs as the force should come from the lower part of your body. You should stand one leg if front of the other about shoulder width apart and use your whole body to push. Just go in and give it your everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

Anyone here done the medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Hey everyone, my form b was sent back on the 26th of November and I haven't heard anything back yet, anyone else in the same boat? Just getting worried I done it wrong. Oom 313 after interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

AD07 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have any tips for the push pull machine? I am fairly nervous about it. I’m 5’4 female. I heard it’s hard if you aren’t that tall also struggle with upper body strength.

Tighted your stomach tense up your whole body legs glutes back etc. Put on foot in front of the other (if allowed) keep a rigid body as in a tight core. This will help you keep your posture and create more power while your pushing

Advertisement