Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

AD07 wrote: »
    Have you been waiting long for your retest date?
    Since mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Is the gp clearance form sent out by post?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

By email

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi all. Have oom 200s have to redo physical, failed in December and got call from sergeant today. Is this the start of the vetting process. Meeting him tomorrow. Any advice and how long after did people meet the superintendent. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Johnmurphy321

How long do you have to wait after your interview before receiving form b?

• Advertisement

Roughly 2 weeks

How long were you waiting between sergeant and super meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

That depends on your local stations. I meet with both in the same week and I still haven't even done my fitness yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chess98

Hi guys! Just wondering does anybody know if all the dates have been sent out for January? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

hi does anyone know how you can track your vetting. I see a few posts on here from people saying that their vetting was outstanding. How do you go about checking that out.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Do we have to arrange out own meetings with sergeant and superintendent?

They contact you

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

hi does anyone know how you can track your vetting. I see a few posts on here from people saying that their vetting was outstanding. How do you go about checking that out.

Thanks

You can email and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

For those who've made it through the interviews?

How did ye approach the competency questions?

Was it a single specific example - interpersonal skills and service ethos:
    'I worked as a shop assistant on the customer service desk, one specific instance stands out as the customer was quite irritated about.....'
    or is it more of - 'When I worked on a customer service desk I dealt with a number of instances that required strong interpersonal skill...'

Basically do they want to hear about the instance with the wagon from up the road or do they want to hear about how in that line of work you were often tasked with dealing with irritated customers, you had to work to solve problems and come to agreements etc.
    I've mine at the end of the month so I'm a little concerned.

Specific examples

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Does anyone know what OOM they're up to with the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Hey folks I have my PCT on Tuesday and just got an email to invite me for medical on Thursday if I pass. All seems a tad rushed god knows how I’m gonna get another day of work to drive down.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of what happens during the medical and is there anything other than BMI can be a straight fail? My eyesight and hearing is fine. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 576hkg348rjn21

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Hey folks I have my PCT on Tuesday and just got an email to invite me for medical on Thursday if I pass. All seems a tad rushed god knows how I’m gonna get another day of work to drive down.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of what happens during the medical and is there anything other than BMI can be a straight fail? My eyesight and hearing is fine. Cheers

I'm down for PCT on Tuesday too, nothing about medical though. That's very odd. AFAIK medical fails are pretty rare, BMI is the only thing I can think of thats a straight fair other than colour blindness? If you've doctors clearence to do the PCT it should be fine

I'm down for PCT on Tuesday too, nothing about medical though. That's very odd. AFAIK medical fails are pretty rare, BMI is the only thing I can think of thats a straight fair other than colour blindness? If you've doctors clearence to do the PCT it should be fine

Cheers - aye I’ve never had any medical issues until I had my gallbladder removed this time and I’ve a letter from my surgeon saying I’m fit to continue training and take my PCT. I read somewhere dental can be a fail would liked to get in to see dentist before test but with only getting 6 days notice that won’t happen. So just fingers crossed I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Uweir32 wrote: »
    Cheers - aye I’ve never had any medical issues until I had my gallbladder removed this time and I’ve a letter from my surgeon saying I’m fit to continue training and take my PCT. I read somewhere dental can be a fail would liked to get in to see dentist before test but with only getting 6 days notice that won’t happen. So just fingers crossed I suppose

my sergeant told me that they don't fail you on dental, they check it and if you need work done they just tell you to get it sorted, but not fail you.

• Advertisement

AF96DUB wrote: »
    my sergeant told me that they don't fail you on dental, they check it and if you need work done they just tell you to get it sorted, but not fail you.

Happy days cheers. Just gotta pass this beep test now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Do you guys know how much notice we get before the pct? Worried about it clashing with a 2 day trip on the 13th. Is it possible that I can get called next week? Or has there been more notice given usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Hi Guys still haven’t heard about my physical . I’ve sent in my gp form 13th of December. Still waiting. What does ur BMI have to be for the medical? Mine is 26.7 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Hi Guys still haven’t heard about my physical . I’ve sent in my gp form 13th of December. Still waiting. What does ur BMI have to be for the medical? Mine is 26.7 at the moment.

I’m in the same boat waiting for mine and I sent off on the 11th

I'm the same as well.

Under 35 for retest under 30 for pass

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jadeie.t

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Do you guys know how much notice we get before the pct? Worried about it clashing with a 2 day trip on the 13th. Is it possible that I can get called next week? Or has there been more notice given usually?

You would definitely get at least 2 weeks notice if not more

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AD301

Does anyone know what oom they are at for fitness tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Cheers for the info. We’ll surely get notified this week coming about our pct. I still haven’t met with the local seargant . Ok if my BMI is under 30 . I’m fine Is it?

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info. We’ll surely get notified this week coming about our pct. I still haven’t met with the local seargant . Ok if my BMI is under 30 . I’m fine Is it?

Yes under 30 straight pass

Advertisement