Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

BDI wrote: »
    I only really watch the fights and don’t really get involved in the news or hype. I thought that BMF belt was a joke. It’s so like wwe it’s laughable.

Lol. Do u see an eye socket that looks like it survived a shark bite in the wwe??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

If this fight was 2 years ago I'd have no doubts at all and you'd be surprised if Donald got out of the 1st.

He hasn't been living the life required to be an athlete at the top of his game

I still think he'll win but I just have doubts now. I know this is subjective but to me he just doesn't look anywhere near the same athlete he was before. I watched the Siver fight again recently and the shape he was in was incredible. Like a flexible piece of iron for lack of a better description. Contrast that to the Khabib fight and whilst he was in shape he just didn't look close to the athlete he was v Siver and Aldo etc.

He looks older than he should too which is not surprising given the binge lifestyle he's been leading.

Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see him get back to the level he was as he was just incredible to watch in his prime. By all accounts, that incident in the bar was a real eye opener for him but that could be nonsense as its just second hand info.

Anyway, I think and hope we will see a return to the more witty, non gangster imitation in the build up to this one. I wonder if the purse is still going to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

If this fight was 2 years ago I'd have no doubts at all and you'd be surprised if Donald got out of the 1st.

He hasn't been living the life required to be an athlete at the top of his game

I still think he'll win but I just have doubts now. I know this is subjective but to me he just doesn't look anywhere near the same athlete he was before. I watched the Siver fight again recently and the shape he was in was incredible. Like a flexible piece of iron for lack of a better description. Contrast that to the Khabib fight and whilst he was in shape he just didn't look close to the athlete he was v Siver and Aldo etc.

He looks older than he should too which is not surprising given the binge lifestyle he's been leading.

Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see him get back to the level he was as he was just incredible to watch in his prime. By all accounts, that incident in the bar was a real eye opener for him but that could be nonsense as its just second hand info.

Anyway, I think and hope we will see a return to the more witty, non gangster imitation in the build up to this one. I wonder if the purse is still going to charity.

By what accounts was it an eye opener?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Whatsapp accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't see the fight going ahead. Something will come up be it an injury, suspension or whatever, but I just can't see him fighting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The Nal wrote: »
    I was defending Conor here. Hes not lazy. Hes put on a lot of muscle in the last year, hence why hes too big for 155. Hes been working his arse off and is very committed.
    Too big for 155?

How big do you think he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Lol. Do u see an eye socket that looks like it survived a shark bite in the wwe??

People have died in the wwe

People have died in the wwe

From a fall. What has that got to do with anything here. :confused:
    The minute a figh tis announced, this thread kicks it up a gear. January will be another level with every off work and full-time trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Mellor wrote: »
    From a fall. What has that got to do with anything here. :confused:
    The minute a figh tis announced, this thread kicks it up a gear. January will be another level with every off work and full-time trolling.

Can you see the post I quoted?

Still Ill wrote: »
    By what accounts was it an eye opener?

Ah I've just heard second hand from a few lads who train in SBG that he was ashamed/embarrassed about the incident and has stopped the constant sesh. Could be nonsense but he is training a lot at the moment by all accounts and has been for a while now.

• Advertisement

Can you see the post I quoted?

I did. But I'm not sure what it's trying to say tbh.

Your point that the BMF was a bit WWE made sense.
    I'm not sure how we got from there to shark bites and Owen Hart falling from the rigging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Ah I've just heard second hand from a few lads who train in SBG that he was ashamed/embarrassed about the incident and has stopped the constant sesh. Could be nonsense but he is training a lot at the moment by all accounts and has been for a while now.

I'd really hope so.. Just feel that it's gone past the point of retribution now. I used to be a fan.. Just can't like him anymore. At least if he's training for the fight it'll keep him out of trouble for a while, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Ah I've just heard second hand from a few lads who train in SBG that he was ashamed/embarrassed about the incident and has stopped the constant sesh..

Nah, he was still up to worse stuff after sucker punching the guy in the pub.
    Don't think it affected his ability or desire to session. I doubt he was ashamed. Just worried about how it would affect his brand.

He's back training now because he has a fight lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

He seems to be like Tyson Fury in that if he's not in the gym or training, he'll soon find himself in trouble be it mentally or physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Any word of a Press Conference happening this side of Christmas?

Effects wrote: »
    Nah, he was still up to worse stuff after sucker punching the guy in the pub.
    Don't think it affected his ability or desire to session. I doubt he was ashamed. Just worried about how it would affect his brand.

He's back training now because he has a fight lined up.

What has he been up to since the pub incident? I didn’t see anything in press etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Pighead wrote: »
    Any word of a Press Conference happening this side of Christmas?

The week leading up to the ufc245 probably, tho that card is very stacked there may not be room for Mcgregor and his theatrics. But if he has to do a trip to the US then it would make sense to do it then and have him front row to watch both featherweight and welterweight title fights.
    At least there is no chance of him having to do a joint presser with Khabib for his fight in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

There is so much stupid in this it's hard to explain. If you want a laugh have a listen.

Ewan McKenna on OffTheBall.

https://youtu.be/neYlU-gP4vk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

US2 wrote: »
    There is so much stupid in this it's hard to explain. If you want a laugh have a listen.

Ewan McKenna on OffTheBall.

https://youtu.be/neYlU-gP4vk

Don't know how [snipped] still manages to get airtime. Calling Gay Byrne a "vile pr!ck" the day after the man died I thought would have ended him in Ireland. But Spewan still gets work and clicks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

What a waste of time to spend writing a book like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

What a wanker. What is his problem with people loving their country and supporting their sportsmen and women?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ewan MacKenna wasn't hugged enough as a child and hates happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone got a rough idea on ticket prices? I'll be over there from the 17-21st of Jan and might go if it isn't insane money.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Helwani reporting source in camp noting that the bout was specified at 170 because he's 'a bad mother****er.'

Look, I want to see him winning, but honestly think even he'd be more competitive against Khabib at 155 than Jorge at 170. Unpopular opinion, I'd imagine.

Jorge is more experienced, good grappler, bigger, superior kicker, boxing at least on par if not better etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Helwani reporting source in camp noting that the bout was specified at 170 because he's 'a bad mother****er.'

Look, I want to see him winning, but honestly think even he'd be more competitive against Khabib at 155 than Jorge at 170. Unpopular opinion, I'd imagine.

Jorge is more experienced, good grappler, bigger, superior kicker, boxing at least on par if not better etc.

Jorge wont grapple him hell stand an bang. McGregor is a much better boxer than masvidal ffs. Masvival would absorb his punches tho until he gasses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone got a rough idea on ticket prices? I'll be over there from the 17-21st of Jan and might go if it isn't insane money.

Prob looking at around 400-500 USD for tickets in the upper tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Prob looking at around 400-500 USD for tickets in the upper tier.

Is it in houston? At the football stadium? Would be a massive crowd then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Id say there will be half the amount of irish travelling to this compared the previous fights , should be interesting to see just how much the hype train has been derailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

sc86 wrote: »
    Id say there will be half the amount of irish travelling to this compared the previous fights , should be interesting to see just how much the hype train has been derailed

The timing is bad for travelling. I'd like to get over myself

Advertisement