Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BKWDR wrote: »
    I honestly am savy enough and could not see a way of changing it.

Ah well

You change it in paypal settings, not at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Rev P (Beta) Mastercard both virtual and Plastic cards now work with Google Pay.

No apple pay support yet.

There currently seems to be a bug in some app versions which allows users to create a new virtual mastercard (Rev P beta BIN) for free on standard plans even if you already have a virtual card.

Some people managed to create up to 3 virtual cards for free.

Virtual cards are now back to Mastercard and seem to be Rev P (Beta) issued.

One time virtual cards still Visa.

Update: Mastercard only on Android at the moment, Apple seems to be Visa and charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Rev P (Beta) Mastercard both virtual and Plastic cards now work with Google Pay.

No apple pay support yet.

It seems that premium plastic cards are now all Visa.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

There currently seems to be a bug in some app versions which allows users to create a new virtual mastercard (Rev P beta BIN) for free on standard plans even if you already have a virtual card.

Update: Mastercard only on Android at the moment, Apple seems to be Visa and charges.

Nice one. I managed to create four. i probably could have kept going too.

• Advertisement

Oh. And disposable cards have also turned Mastercard.

/M

Mr.S wrote: »
    What's the benefit of having multiple virtual cards?

Free trials to services is all I can think of :pac:

That is one use or if you give your detail to site which has high fraud potential like adult entertainment or buying from some countries.

Free trials is best with disposable cards (i.e. number only works once) but virtual cards can also be used as you can delete the card after you don't need it anymore.

Mr.S wrote: »
    What's the benefit of having multiple virtual cards?

Free trials to services is all I can think of :pac:

Well, I thought one would be handy as I use my virtual card for everything online at the moment and for use with my Curve card but I wanted another one that I could use for one-off purchases and then freeze until needed again. I just got the other three because I could :-) I'll rotate them for the one-off purchases I guess.
    That is one use or if you give your detail to site which has high fraud potential like adult entertainment or buying from some countries.

Free trials is best with disposable cards (i.e. number only works once) but virtual cards can also be used as you can delete the card after you don't need it anymore.

Yes, I'd like disposable cards but having a few virtuals is a next-best option I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

jakdublin wrote:
    Yes, I'd like disposable cards but having a few virtuals is a next-best option I think.

There's an option for disposable cards once you click on New Virtual Card

Kat1170 wrote: »
    There's an option for disposable cards once you click on New Virtual Card

Yeah, but you need to upgrade to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Thanks Yggr - added a couple there - they'll do as disposables.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Added 4 virtuals on the beta version of the app on Android. I'm sure I could have added any amount but I don't want them coming after me

So that leaves me with the default Visa, the pride mastercard, the RevP mastercard, the virtual visa and 4 virtual mastercards.. not bad for a free account!!

The only question is if (or rather when) they notice that this is possible what they do.

The could cancel the cards or just take the hit and leave them with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

A quick question.

Could we send money to a bank in Hungarian Forint (HUF) account (receiver is not on Revolut)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

dollylama wrote: »
    Added 4 virtuals on the beta version of the app on Android. I'm sure I could have added any amount but I don't want them coming after me

So that leaves me with the default Visa, the pride mastercard, the RevP mastercard, the virtual visa and 4 virtual mastercards.. not bad for a free account!!

Why would you want so many? Whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

A quick question.

Could we send money to a bank in Hungarian Forint (HUF) account (receiver is not on Revolut)?

Transferwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

A quick question.

Yeah, you can do bank transfers in the revolut app to non revolut accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks so much. Want to avail better exchange rates of Revolut.

Someone mentiones Transfer wise above but not familiar with it and might need to open a new account altogether for that.

Yeah, you can do bank transfers in the revolut app to non revolut accounts

Why would you want so many? Whats the point?

Well, having two physical cards is handy if you want to give one to a child for example. My OH leaves her Pride card with her mother who lives abroad so she can withdraw in an emergency. The extra virtual cards can be used pretty much as disposal cards in that you can use them once and freeze them. Having multiple ones means it'll more than likely be a long time before you use one a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Bought an item, money was taken by revolut, item arrived but the money was reverted back to my account

Question is how long before revolut take the money back and would it be with a different exchange rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Same happened to me yesterday, money reverted for Google and Amazon products that I received.

Google took back the money 24hrs later. Amazon still hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

5star02707 wrote: »
    Bought an item, money was taken by revolut, item arrived but the money was reverted back to my account

Question is how long before revolut take the money back and would it be with a different exchange rate?

Same, an Amazon charge was reverted and then re-charged a few hours later, cost an extra €2.50 due to the change in interest rate between the initial charge and re-charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Quintis wrote:
    Same, an Amazon charge was reverted and then re-charged a few hours later, cost an extra €2.50 due to the change in interest rate between the initial charge and re-charge

I usually change the amount into the relevant currency wallet before payment to avoid anything like this. So for Amazon I change the amount of the order into GBP when the order is placed and if it's refunded and taken again, it will all just be the same amount of GBP without interest rates changing

I usually change the amount into the relevant currency wallet before payment to avoid anything like this. So for Amazon I change the amount of the order into GBP when the order is placed and if it's refunded and taken again, it will all just be the same amount of GBP without interest rates changing

Even if Revolut auto-exchanges: should the order be cancelled, the refund will return in GBP. Revolut does not auto-exchange it back to EUR.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Anyone having trouble using a virtual card for online payment? I tried there and it was declined. Card blocked. I can't see a block there are funds there. Revolut chat first said there was no problem on my card but now say there is the issue with lots of people and they have no time frame for a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dualamann

Hope this is the right thread. Wanted to share a real-world update about using Revolut for their new direct debits feature.

I've tried adding Laya Healthcare and AIB Motor insurance with Revolut today. Neither can be added from the "payee" side for different reasons. AIB claim that the NSC (the sort code for the account) is invalid. Laya will not accept an IBAN that doesn't start with an "IE".

I ended up using Fire payments instead. Seems to work for both.
    Revolut looks like they're having trouble getting started as well as Irish-based merchants are having trouble "truly" accepting IBAN/SEPA direct debits. I would expect the same type of trouble for other virtual banks like N26

My reason for changing is that AIB direct debits cost €10 if they're missed. Revolut's are supposedly free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

dualamann wrote: »
    Hope this is the right thread. Wanted to share a real-world update about using Revolut for their new direct debits feature.

I've tried adding Laya Healthcare and AIB Motor insurance with Revolut today. Neither can be added from the "payee" side for different reasons. AIB claim that the NSC (the sort code for the account) is invalid. Laya will not accept an IBAN that doesn't start with an "IE".

I ended up using Fire payments instead. Seems to work for both.
    Revolut looks like they're having trouble getting started as well as Irish-based merchants are having trouble "truly" accepting IBAN/SEPA direct debits. I would expect the same type of trouble for other virtual banks like N26

My reason for changing is that AIB direct debits cost €10 if they're missed. Revolut's are supposedly free.

That's called IBAN discrimination, is illegal, but hard to get anything done about it. Yggr is great for it - has a thread here on it somewhere.
    Also, see: https://www.centralbank.ie/financial-system/payments-and-securities-settlements/irish-retail-payments-forum/iban-discrimination

Laya will ask you to fill out a written mandate you can download from their website and gladly accept any SEPA compliant IBAN that way for both premium and payouts.

There is a thread here that has become quite since most people now know their rights

‪Direct Debits from Non-Irish Accounts http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057540573‬;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble using a virtual card for online payment? I tried there and it was declined. Card blocked. I can't see a block there are funds there. Revolut chat first said there was no problem on my card but now say there is the issue with lots of people and they have no time frame for a fix.

Yeah have had that problem today. Also both my cards in the App are requiring activation again :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Getting asked to verify my identity again tonight. Seriously? I'm with them 4 years and I've already done this.

Anyone else getting this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement