Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

My wife want's to sign up her father to revolut so she can easily send him money but he doesn't have a passport and they won't accept driving licence, anyone know what other id he could use?

needs to be a passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

My wife want's to sign up her father to revolut so she can easily send him money but he doesn't have a passport and they won't accept driving licence, anyone know what other id he could use?

They only accept Irish passport, anyone who signed up with Irish drivers license has had to verify again with a passport

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's funny I know a few people now who have only signed up for Revolut purely so they can send other people money. When I point out you can send money online from most banks to most other banks they're stunned. Genuinely didn't know that credit transfers were a thing or if they did they thought they could only transfer to the same bank.

Not saying that's the case with your wife spurs, it just reminded me. I get it's slightly easier that you don't have to ask for their IBAN but still. Revolut have really marketed this well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's funny I know a few people now who have only signed up for Revolut purely so they can send other people money. When I point out you can send money online from most banks to most other banks they're stunned. Genuinely didn't know that credit transfers were a thing or if they did they thought they could only transfer to the same bank.

Not saying that's the case with your wife spurs, it just reminded me. I get it's slightly easier that you don't have to ask for their IBAN but still. Revolut have really marketed this well.

No he's in his 80's and all his kids are chipping in some money every month to help him get by but he doesn't want it transfered to his bank because he's worried it'll affect his Hap payment.

yeah that fact that its virtualy instant too is great,

irish banks take a whiile for payments to tansfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

it's also so effortless with Revolut - part of the appeal

Bank to different bank can be slow, same as bank to Revolut or Revolut to bank. Same to bank to same bank is normally instant, which is basically what Revolut is!
    Dardania wrote: »
    it's also so effortless with Revolut - part of the appeal

It's been effortless with AIB and KBC once you have their details as well for years, maybe a few others, Revolut have just made it a step easier by sucking up all your contacts and telling you if they have an account or not. AIB and a few others tried that a few years ago with the likes of the me2u app, but there was very little take-up for some reason. Something about Revolut makes it very marketable by word of mouth and appealing to young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

needs to be a passport

Only way around this would be for your wife or other family member to sign up using their passport and give him a card

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's been effortless with AIB and KBC once you have their details as well for years, maybe a few others, Revolut have just made it a step easier by sucking up all your contacts and telling you if they have an account or not. AIB and a few others tried that a few years ago with the likes of the me2u app, but there was very little take-up for some reason. Something about Revolut makes it very marketable by word of mouth and appealing to young and old.

The getting their details part is what makes Revolut effortless. I have all my friend's mobile numbers, I don't have their bank details. To send them money on KBC I have to ask them for their IBAN, I don't need to do that with Revolut.

I was at a stag a few months ago and I was able to Revolut someone who I had never met before just by using his mobile number that was in the whatsapp group for the stag. I didn't have to ask for his IBAN or go to an ATM or any of that.

Sucking in your contacts and the fact that it seems everyone and their dog has Revolut nowadays is why Revolut is so effortless, much more so than KBC or the other banks here.

And you can request money, split bills etc. No comparison at all to using a bank transfer, it’s on a different level.

• Advertisement

And you can request money, split bills etc. No comparison at all to using a bank transfer, it’s on a different level.

KBC dont offer you a tenner for getting yur mates to download the app and sign up either :P

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Its such a pity they got rid of the 1c & 2c coins :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Only way around this would be for your wife or other family member to sign up using their passport and give him a card

Yeah that's what she's thinking now that she can have her card and we'll both use mine when we need it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I have a Revolut card and have balances on it in Euros and USD. Don't use it very often and confused about best way to use it for purchases on Amazon UK. Should I convert some Euro to Sterling before making a purchase or leave balance in Euro and let Amazon do the conversion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

leck wrote: »
    I have a Revolut card and have balances on it in Euros and USD. Don't use it very often and confused about best way to use it for purchases on Amazon UK. Should I convert some Euro to Sterling before making a purchase or leave balance in Euro and let Amazon do the conversion?

No leave the currency in euro, spend in sterling, let the Revolut convert it as you spend it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Is anyone having trouble topping up their card? Its saying insufficnet funds, however there’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They keep asking me for ID and passport is out of date.

I'v setup account and not paying €75 to for a new passport just to have this bank account..

I need to pay €75 to get a new passport in order to keep my already usable Revolut account.?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Jeff2 wrote: »

I'v setup account and not paying €75 to for a new passport just to have this bank account..

I need to pay €75 to get a new passport in order to keep my already usable Revolut account.?

Unfortunately, a passport is the only ID acceptable now. There's no way round it, I'm afraid.

mel.b wrote: »
    Is anyone having trouble topping up their card? Its saying insufficnet funds, however there’s not.

Have you spare change going to a vault? Because it sums the whole amount before making a transaction. Gave my card to my friend later and topped up with what she needed but it was declined, took me a while to cop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jeff2 wrote: »

This happened to me and I had to get a new one.

Later on, I think I read it here that someone uploaded an out of date passport and it was excepted. Have you tried that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Might try that

Any ideas when they will block people still on driving licences?

I presume they'll just refund your balance when this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This happened to me and I had to get a new one.

Later on, I think I read it here that someone uploaded an out of date passport and it was excepted. Have you tried that?

Tried uploading the old one but didn't work.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

I ordered a card which arrived and transferred money onto the app from my BOI account. The selfie camera on my phone is broken so it won't let me verify my account. any ideas what to do here or how to get the funds off the app as it won't let me even transfer them back without verifying account.

showpony1 wrote: »
    I ordered a card which arrived and transferred money onto the app from my BOI account. The selfie camera on my phone is broken so it won't let me verify my account. any ideas what to do here or how to get the funds off the app as it won't let me even transfer them back without verifying account.
    Can you borrow a phone and complete verification on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

would the other persons phone not be linked to their card/account?
    is there a way of signing out and logging into my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

showpony1 wrote: »
    would the other persons phone not be linked to their card/account?
    is there a way of signing out and logging into my account?

Yes you can log out.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Good Suggestion - That should work

Don't change any settings on the account (like phone number) that way the confirmation text message should arrive on the phone with the broken selfie camera and can be entered/typed into the working phone.

After verification is complete log out of revolut on the borrowed phone (and delete the app if you want) and log back into the selfie-less phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Rather odd transaction appeared on my card. An unconfirmed one but and has a description of LinkedIn and a bunch of numbers. I haven't had any dealings with LinkedIn so any idea what it is.

The card is frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

irishgeo wrote: »
    Rather odd transaction appeared on my card. An unconfirmed one but and has a description of LinkedIn and a bunch of numbers. I haven't had any dealings with LinkedIn so any idea what it is.

The card is frozen.

I'm guessing it's for a small amount??

If so, then this probably means that your card details have been compromised and that the criminal gang are testing to see if the card is still live/active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's for a small amount??

If so, then this probably means that your card details have been compromised and that the criminal gang are testing to see if the card is still live/active

30 range.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement