Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That does work, I’ve used it to change to the american library using a smart dns

I’ve tried it and it doesn’t work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I just contacted Amazon about this. They told me UK only residents can watch.
    I have the app on my PS4, and I use a DNS proxy ( I can watch BBC iPlayer), but no joy with Amazon. I have a prime account and added a UK address. Still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CormacLH

I tried the web chat and he wasn't to keen to do it for me. He said If I was in the UK it would update which was fair enough because thats the truth.

but me no likie

Anyway went onto prime video and went to the support page. There you can get them to ring you. They rang straight away and I just told them I wanted my region changed and there was nein problem. Have the browser open so you can check. If its successful you should not be able to watch video anymore instead you will access it via amazo/gp/video/ or something similar. The prime video page should now prompt you to update your location which you do not want to do because that means its already been changed to UK.

Good Luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Programme just started - great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

having a hard time here

| Customer Service
    As I mentioned, live events can be stream only in United Kingdom.
    S6:29 PM
    Belfast is in UK
    can you confirm that my account is set to UK please
    6:31 PM
    | Customer Service
    I've checked and can see that Belfast is in Northern Ireland.
    S6:32 PM
    which is in UK
    6:32 PM
    | Customer Service
    Please allow me a moment.
    ok
    6:34 PM
    | Customer Service
    I've checked your account and can see that your billing address is not in United Kingdom.
    S6:35 PM
    my residential address is in uk

• Advertisement

CormacLH wrote: »
    Anyway went onto prime video and went to the support page. There you can get them to ring you. They rang straight away and I just told them I wanted my region changed and there was nein problem. Have the browser open so you can check. If its successful you should not be able to watch video anymore instead you will access it via amazo/gp/video/ or something similar. The prime video page should now prompt you to update your location which you do not want to do because that means its already been changed to UK.

Good Luck !

Bingo! This worked. Thanks man!
    Watching it on tv through the Playstation app. Nice.

having a hard time here

| Customer Service
    As I mentioned, live events can be stream only in United Kingdom.
    S6:29 PM
    Belfast is in UK
    can you confirm that my account is set to UK please
    6:31 PM
    | Customer Service
    I've checked and can see that Belfast is in Northern Ireland.
    which is in UK
    6:32 PM
    | Customer Service
    Please allow me a moment.
    ok
    6:34 PM
    | Customer Service
    I've checked your account and can see that your billing address is not in United Kingdom.
    S6:35 PM
    my residential address is in uk

Register a UK card , if you don't have one then set up a virtual one on Revolut , that will show at their end as UK .

I've got it on my PC and phone but cant get it on the firestick

Register a UK card , if you don't have one then set up a virtual one on Revolut , that will show at their end as UK .

I already have a revolut on my account

I already have a revolut on my account

Restart your Firestick.
    If still not on go back onto chat .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Will a vpn work on this or does billing address need to be in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Contact amazon support and just ask them to change your prime video region to uk,. They will do it straight away no questions asked. This will also unlock a bigger prime video library. Was watching the city game on prime tonight myself.

Depends who you get.. some argue the toss, some don't

Restart your Firestick.
    If still not on go back onto chat .

I've change the billing address on my amazon account to parcel motel for the revolut card but he still says its a uk card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Finally got sorted

I have prime through my eir sub

Rang amazon Uk - and the agent changed the Prime .com to prime Uk setting and I’m set up !

No need for credit card
    Didn’t ask where I was

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Strange. Can't seem to watch the Liverpool match on firestick. Keep getting error code 9912. Rest of matches load fine and the Liverpool match loads fine on the prime video app on my phone. Have my region set to uk. Plugged it out and back in again but same error. Any body else get this error.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

anyone got a link for their live chat?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Depends who you get.. some argue the toss, some don't

Yeah, first guy I talked to wouldn't do it. Then as per the advice of a previous poster I went in to Prime Video and got them to ring me. The woman I was talking to was only too happy to change the region to UK.
    If you have a Playstation you can watch on tv through the Prime Video app. Have to say I'm impressed with the HD quality.

just tried now to get my prime changed to the UK and was told it s not possible, i would have to sign up from the UK with a new account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've got it on my PC and phone but cant get it on the firestick

Same here - a non-existant error 9912 on stick
    Browser is fine.

EDIT:
    Prime on LG smart tv perfect - HDR.

It's so weird their own equipment gives so much trouble (and yes, I'm down as UK on my account and everything else works on firestick as UK)

kenny111 wrote: »
    just tried now to get my prime changed to the UK and was told it s not possible, i would have to sign up from the UK with a new account.

Try again - it took me two Goes on the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭con747

Just got mine done via chat. Took about 10 minutes telling him I travel to the UK a lot for work......

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Strange. Can't seem to watch the Liverpool match on firestick. Keep getting error code 9912. Rest of matches load fine and the Liverpool match loads fine on the prime video app on my phone. Have my region set to uk. Plugged it out and back in again but same error. Any body else get this error.

Yep
    Mad thing is the firestick is the only one that won't stream the game - error 9912 which is nowhere to be found.
    Browser, phone, LG tv Prime app, Xbox Prime app, Roku Prime app - no bother

EDIT:
    Being a Liverpool fan I was trying the Liv v Eve link all teh time.

Just tried the MAn U game - that works!
    Sabotage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yep
    Mad thing is the firestick is the only one that won't stream the game - error 9912 which is nowhere to be found.

Can't find the match on my Amazon app on TV.. region is set to UK..

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yep

EDIT:
    Being a Liverpool fan I was trying the Liv v Eve link all teh time.

Just tried the MAn U game - that works!
    Sabotage!

Go to settings - applications - prime video - clear data

eventually got amazon uk to change to settings to the UK and it worked immediately

Amazon about a min behind as I got the update from bbc sport - origi has scored and I was waiting for the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

So I signed up to the full amazon Prime deal which includes prime video with a new email address I created, used my parcel motel address and gave my normal Irish debit card details and got the 30 day trial, and all the ball in glorious HD

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Got it working for both prime video on phone and firestick after very helpful customer service rep (and his manager) registered my prime video account with my Addresspal address (and changed the territory) as this account was originally linking to Ireland even though my default amazon.co.uk profile address was uk. I had to reinstall prime video app on phone and deregister and reregister my account on the firestick to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Got switched to the UK version within 2 hours. Impressive. Could nearly get rid of the IPTV...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I tried the chat earlier, changed region in a minute. The UHD looks fantastic. I have 4k sky sports, but they do not have HDR yet. It makes it look so much better.

Advertisement